My new HD 870 finished!!

Finally got enough side work to support my HD shotgun. :)

STP60913.jpg

Tac Star Light system (a little industrial silicone to hold the pressure pad)

STP60897.jpg

Tru Glo Day site

STP60900.jpg

swivel studs w/sling holds 25 shells (actually got 2 for 1 at sportsmansguide.com)

STP60910.jpg

5 shell stock sleeve (had to cut this down and resew to get a good fit, didn't have a hole for the swivel stud. Pulled the butt pad and tucked the end in, really happy with the fit, thought it might move to much)

STP60911.jpg

I also stippled the forearm and the pad on the stock. did rough up front and smoother on the stock. much better feel. i want to get walnut stocks... maybe later, we'll see :D

STP60912.jpg

All in all I spent $510 not including ammo. Carrying 32 shells of 00 and 5 slugs. Very happy!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

Nice looking setup. How does it shoot? What's the barrel length? All those shells would add a lot of weight. Do you really think you need all 37 extra shells? Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

I have an 870 Wingmaster with a 7+1 mag extension and I feel like that is plenty for any HD scenario.

Otherwise I really do like that bad boy.

Nice looking setup. How does it shoot? What's the barrel length? All those shells would add a lot of weight. Do you really think you need all 37 extra shells? Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

I have an 870 Wingmaster with a 7+1 mag extension and I feel like that is plenty for any HD scenario.

Haha! same thing my dad said. shoots great, like the action better than the 590 but liked the 590 safety placement better. action was more important. 18.5 inch barrel. it's heavier than most, but i'm a big boy and can take it :) i live on an acre and a half with woods all around, lots of situations went through my head when deciding on the sling with that many shells. coyotes, chasing bad guys through the woods, bears, panthers, lions, aliens... never know, JIC :D

Guest Broomhead

Cool, glad you like it. Enjoy that baby. I love shooting my shotgun. It is probably my most favorite gun to shoot. I just love blowing things up.

Too much ammo is ALWAYS better than not enough.

Guest Broomhead

While that may be true. I don't want to try maneuvering a +10 pound shotgun through my house. In a bug out scenario his setup would be perfect, IMHO. But just trying to clear a house, 8 is plenty for me.

That is just my humble opinion.

No worries guys! Its more of a bug out, hunker down gun. The strap can be removed easy enough to clear the house if needs be, but I use my .40 xd with xml for clearing (narrow, long hallways). Strap is more for quick transport of gun and ammo. Thanks for checking out the pics

Didn't know there was such a thing.

Yep, I believe the old adage, "never too much or never enough" :poop:

• 2 months later...
Guest pwhphd

You may want to reconsider "chasing bad guys through the woods." It might change you from a defender to an aggressor in the eyes of the law.

As for shell carrying goes, Friedman's in Nashville has old army ranger vests with all kinds of pockets inside and out, and a ring of 12 gauge loops across the front of it. I've got an 870 with the 7 shell mag extension and a 6 shell side saddle attached. All in all with the shotgun and the vest I've got 50 shells on me comfortably.