Kel-Tec .40?

Guest SUNTZU

Has anybody fired the Kel-Tec .40? I picked one up at the last gun show but haven't been to the range yet. I know it was discontinued but I wanted to find out any information from someone who has actually fired one. Thanks!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they dont make them anymore. There's a reason for that.

Whats the reason? Am I better off throwing it at a bad guy? Will it blow up in my hand? Will it fire at all? :panic:

Please give me some info. Thanks for your time.

Whats the reason? Am I better off throwing it at a bad guy? Will it blow up in my hand? Will it fire at all? :panic:

Please give me some info. Thanks for your time.

Nothing was wrong with the gun itself. Customers kept returning them claiming jams and misfires, only to find out it was the shooter limp-wristing them. They were so light weight that you needed a firm grip to hold them steady especially with the added pop of .40. It just wasn't worth the hassle for Kel-tec.

Guest looneeetunes

i just traded one, the reason i did, is i am going to all stainless. i rust everything that isnt stainless. i never had any missfires personally on the gun. personally i ran about 500 rounds thru it flawless. now i have been to the range with my brother-in-law and saw him run a box thru it, and it jammed several times..limp wristing???? the guy i sold it to works with me, he says he has ran about 3 or 400 rounds thru it, and the only problem he has had is on one shell it ejected out of the gun and hit him in the forehead. he said this displeased him very much. :panic: that was in the first box of shells and hasnt had any problems since... just have to try for yourself i suppose.

I once had a P40 that I picked up for about $200 at Valu Pawn in Hixson. It was in good shape. I got the 357 SIG barrel for it, too.

I liked the gun, but it was hard to shoot well, so I eventually sold it. It is the sort of gun that takes a lot of getting used to, but I believe it is a fine firearm. Limp wristing and accuracy are problematic.

They are in demand, so if you get one at a low price, you can probably eventually turn around and sell it for more than you paid for it, if you decide you don't like it.

Guest rockytop

I never new that you could get a .357sig barrel for a Kel-tec Model P11. I think that would be a handful. I don't believe the gun would hold up to the stress very long.

The P40 is just barely a different frame from the P11. Just slightly beefier, and P40 is stamped on the frame. That's the one that will handle the 357 SIG. Mine shot the 357 better than the 40. It was snappy handful with either caliber! Heres a photo of my old P40. The 357 SIG barrel was parkerized black.

parts.jpg

The P40 is just barely a different frame from the P11. Just slightly beefier, and P40 is stamped on the frame. That's the one that will handle the 357 SIG. Mine shot the 357 better than the 40. It was snappy handful with either caliber! Heres a photo of my old P40. The 357 SIG barrel was parkerized black.

parts.jpg

Now THAT is intriguing... I can't beleive I've never run across one.

• 2 weeks later...