1911's work when drenched in Mud

willis68

And I'm not saying that I could not be as competitve with a glock. But I know for a fact that it would take me way more rounds down range to get where I need to be. So, when you are a sponsored shooter you do what ever you need to do the job.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a pretty long and funny pissing contest thread... hope nobody is getting too serious.:(

Oh yeah, I messed up when I said Glocks owning 2 out of the 5 divisions in USPSA wasn't half... out of the other 3, 1 of the divisions is for Revolvers, and 1 is for Singlestacks (Glock doesn't make any)... and the Open champ shoots a Sig, doh!

Edited by CK1
Guest Danne941
This has been a pretty long and funny pissing contest thread... hope nobody is getting too serious.:(

Oh yeah, I messed up when I said Glocks owning 2 out of the 5 divisions in USPSA wasn't half... out of the other 3, 1 of the divisions is for Revolvers, and 1 is for Singlestacks (Glock doesn't make any)...

I am a newb but is the 36 not a single?

I am a newb but is the 36 not a single?

touche'!

Now if someone can just manage to win the USPSA single-stack championship with a 3.78 in. barreled 6+1 G36...

touche'!

Now if someone can just manage to win the USPSA single-stack championship with a 3.78 in. barreled 6+1 G36...

What conversation do you guys want to have. Reliability or who is a great shooter?

Is this thread about who can beat who or about reliability? I would shoot a glock or a Sig or anything if I had a good sponsorship deal. That proves nothing other than the two guys you are touting are great shooters. It still does not change the fact that an overwhelming amount of limited and open shooter choose the JMB platform over everything else. Particularly when they are not sponsored by a gun company. And none would put up with a gun that wasn't 100%.

BTW, I've shot with Dave several times. In fact, one year and GA State he asked me about my 2011 and we went over to the safe area. I said "I thought you were a glock guy?" and he said "well that is my job but I love 1911's. He asked about my builder and said he was going to build a couple. Later when talking to someone about it they said they thought maybe his contract was up and wasn't sure what was going to happen. So, I think atleast one of your boy's prefer God's gun.:(:D

Okay, I guess I'm done with this thread. I just want everyone to know I'm not anti glock or any gun for that matter.

I've shot 10's of thousands of rounds out of a glock.

I've competed with glocks.

I've won with glocks.

I can detail strip them and fix most anything on them.

My experience with the 1911 is easily 3 times that. And I prefer them because what they have proven to me plain and simple.

Deerslayer, let me know about your challenge to me and we will make it happen and we can post our results here. Although for the life of me I don't know what that has to do with anything.

ha! Yeah, I don't even remember what this thread is about anymore... Danial was right "my dad can beat up your dad" pretty much sums it up.

This thread is sucking my lifeforce, I think maybe we should start an official non-serious "my gun is better than your gun thread".