Don Hume Holsters for XD-45acp?

molonlabetn

I see on their website http://www.donhume.com that there is a distinct selection for the 4" & 5" XD-45s... but that none are available. Will holsters for the XD-9/357/40 fit? I have heard (in passing) that they should, but am skeptical. So, I assume no... or at least not very well.

Any input on this? I would certainly like it if my current DH rigs would fit; I know the Blackhawk SERPA will.

I don't have an XD-45acp yet, but it will be soon if I get my way.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Hume is an odd company. Mostly women, I think, who apparently don't know a lot about guns. For at least a couple of years, they said they had holsters for the Kel-Tec P-32 but not the P-3AT. Now they indicate they don't have the IWB model I use for the Gen 2 P-3AT. Duh!

If you order through a dealer, they don't do partial shipments. So, if they have 14 out of 15 holsters in stock, they hold the order until they make the 15th to complete the order. But dealers - if you can find one - get a good discount and should give you a better price than buying directly.

So, if you can find another holster for a similar size gun with the controls pretty much in the same place, that fits well you can probably go with that. I doubt that calling Don Hume will get you the info you need. Matter of fact my P7M8 and P-3AT share the same IWB holster (at different times of course).

Having said all that nasty stuff about them, all my leather holsters are Don Hume. They work well, hold up well and don't cost you your left nut to pay for them. They may not be de rigueur in gun holster snob circles, but I have mine to work with, not brag about.

I have put an XD .45ACP in my Comp-Tac CTAC and a yakuri (sp?) slide that I have for my .40 service and it fit just fine. I do believe that the .45ACP guns are a little wider, but not that much different to require a different holster.