A Disaster Of Mega Proportions Brewing In Gulf

Guest KarlS

Guest KarlS

Louisiana Spill could eclipse Exxon Valdez

Having lived through the Exxon Valdez oil spill I can only ask that we all send our best to the people of Louisiana and the Gulf Coast. They really have no idea what is coming their way nor how to deal with it.

I am only one of the families whose life changed forever after March 24,1989. Alaska's spill affected population numbers measured in the thousands. This will be millions! I am anxious to see the differences in how this is handled not only by BP, but the administration. They have no idea what is about to unfold. Janet Napolitano..please. I pray.

Won't rant.....

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know which fringe environmental whack unit sabotaged the platform.

Just look at the timing. Nothing has happened on those rigs for years and a few weeks after BHO announces drilling will ramp up and re-open, low and behold, a disaster strikes. This wasn't an active well either....

Maybe someone got their intel screwed up and were just trying to make a small incident and it went way beyond their control.

Just look at the timing. Nothing has happened on those rigs for years and a few weeks after BHO announces drilling will ramp up and re-open, low and behold, a disaster strikes. This wasn't an active well either....

Maybe someone got their intel screwed up and were just trying to make a small incident and it went way beyond their control.

Silver hat and all, in a way I have to agree with you. We've had the argument going over why we don't do more drilling here at home instead of getting oil elsewhere. Seems like this would give them a good example of why we shouldn't drill more here, and also a good reason for gas prices to go up again.

Just a random thought though, either way I feel for all the people in this area. I still find it hard to believe, with as much as oil is worth, why they haven't come up with a better method to contain and pull the oil back out of the water in this type of situation.

Guest HvyMtl

IF this becomes a disaster the size of the Valdez, I mean in area affected, fishing and shrimping industries will tank. The Gulf Coast areas reliant on tourism will tank. Oil platforms will be severely questioned, increasing the costs of oil, tanking the general economy. Those areas are still recovering from Katrina. This will sink them.

Guest KarlS
IF this becomes a disaster the size of the Valdez, I mean in area affected, fishing and shrimping industries will tank. The Gulf Coast areas reliant on tourism will tank. Oil platforms will be severely questioned, increasing the costs of oil, tanking the general economy. Those areas are still recovering from Katrina. This will sink them.

Sport fishing...tourism...real estate...commercial fisheries...all the support industries will be included. Massive job loss. It is these folks that should be offered clean up jobs. If the thugs move in they will be doomed.

This is gonna hit us all, folks.

Gonna go way beyond the seafood market, impact the economy in ways not fully recognized yet.

Has a good chance of making Exxon Valdez spill look like a piker if they really can't stop it within a few weeks.

No matter what the total spillage may turn out to be, call me a tree hugger, but this is a REAL environmental tearjerker, any way you look at it.

- OS

The same thing has crossed my mind several times. I know it's possible nothing like this happened but something just does not feel right.

Guest jackdm3

I'm not sure you need help to create some Chernobyl situation. Some of these rigs get pushed hard to get the most out of their construction costs.

Guest KarlS

Just learned that BP is setting up drilling operations nearby the old well. They contend they will need to drill a relief well to stop the flow of oil. That the good part. The bad is it may take three months to drill the 18,000 ft they need to go to stop the flow!! Three more months of continuous oil flow? This is bad!!

Guest 6.8 AR
:tinfoil:Maybe this is the disaster that BHO is going to use to declare Martial Law in the US so he can just go in and take over the oil rigs.;)

I doubt the martial law thing over this, but see if he doesn't go after the oil companies like he is going after Goldman Sachs.

Another emergency that might not go to waste.