A Disaster Of Mega Proportions Brewing In Gulf

Guest KarlS

The first thing that went through my mind when this happened was sabotage. I fully expect that it was sabotage.

Obama is an idiot as we all well know. How many days did it take for him to attempt to be the president when this happened?

1900 federal response personnel and 300 response vessels and aircraft in the area now. they have laid 217,000 feet of protective boom.

Secretary of Interior, Secretary of Homeland Security, Administrator of the EPA, Obama's Assistant of Energy and Climate Change Policy, and the NOAA Administrator have been dispatched to the Gulf coast.

Maybe idiot is a little strong.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU
Obama's Assistant of Energy and Climate Change Policy

Thank GOD!!! So long as the manitees get Birkenstocks and Prius' we'll be okay. I'm bringing pixie dust and a rainmaker...but its a long walk down there. Can't have too big of a carbon footprint, you know.

dab86163.gif

Thank GOD!!! So long as the manitees get Birkenstocks and Prius' we'll be okay. I'm bringing pixie dust and a rainmaker...but its a long walk down there. Can't have too big of a carbon footprint, you know.

dab86163.gif

Maybe that person has a background in enviromental issues. Pretty amazing how petty is gets. There's a strong response, so criticize who was on the plane.

EDIT: Just checked. She was the Administrator of the EPA for eight years. I agree, she has no business at an oil spill.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest db99wj

The administration is getting criticized for their delayed response. They are just a little late to the party. There were several story's on this, this morning, but I can't find them, there was a rebuttal story about how the administration lashed out against the criticism.

Here's an interesting headline on Fox.

'Everything Will Be Examined' in Gulf Oil Spill, Officials Say

Federal officials say they plan to investigate every possible cause of last week's massive explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico -- including the possibility of criminal acts or negligence.

FOXNews.com - 'Everything Will Be Examined' in Gulf Oil Spill, Officials Say

It's all BS.

The spill can't affect oil production unless the government lets it affect production, and I think that's what they want.

You can't drill for oil without spills any more than you can mine coal without cave-ins. It's part of the process, but the end result is worth it.

The left is against drilling for oil, mining coal, and building nuclear plants. What's left? Solar panels and windmills are not reliable sources of energy. Oil and coal ARE solar power. Let California freeze in the dark - I want electricity.

Guest db99wj
I am supposed to be going to Gulf Shores AL the first week of June. Was going to spend a couple of days offshore fishing. Guess we will have to wait and see how this thing goes I guess. Its just a ****ty situation all the way around.

Well here's something for you,

Oil Spill: Watching Cautiously from Alabama

Oil Spill: Watching Cautiously from Alabama

Posted By Jonathan Serrie On April 29, 2010 @ 1:36 PM In Economy, Entertainment, Natural Disaster, U.S. | 71 Comments

ORANGE BEACH, ALA -- Fishing charter operator Randy Boggs watches from his boat as BP contractors position floating oil containment booms to protect beaches and environmentally sensitive barrier islands from the massive oil spill, still offshore.

"With the wind and the currents, we're thinking this oil spill is gonna go toward Louisiana and the marshes over there," he said. "But just to be on the safe side, we've got our protection out here and are getting ready in case it did come this way."

Boggs's Reel Surprise Charters [1] is part of the booming tourism industry of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. The region's fishing and beaches draw more than 1.3 million visitors a year. And the busy summer tourist season kicks off this weekend.

"Anything that could impact our island or impact our visitors is certainly a concern," said Mike Foster, vice president of marketing for Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Tourism [2]. "At this point, we don't think it's a real pressing concern. But quite honestly, we've taken a lot of measures already."

To provide residents and visitors with updates on the oil spill, the official gulfshores.com [2] website has posted a link to its "crisis page [3]" -- which is normally used during hurricane season.

"This isn't something like a hurricane that lands and goes away," said Marie Curren of Brett Robinson [4], a vacation rentals company. "This is gonna be on our shores for a good couple of weeks at the least. And so we'll be watching it. We don't want it to interfere with our industry."

Curren added that she is "cautiously optimistic" it will not.

Click here to watch Jonathan's exclusive Kyte video of the ongoing oil spill preparations. [5]

Maybe idiot is a little strong.

I will go with Moron then. :D

I am not blaming the Big O for this incident ( or call it what you may), but there was a very delayed response from his mouth about it. 2 days to mention it.

What are swat teams going to do, why is he dispatching swat teams?

I will go with Moron then. :D

I am not blaming the Big O for this incident ( or call it what you may), but there was a very delayed response from his mouth about it. 2 days to mention it.

What are swat teams going to do, why is he dispatching swat teams?

He's gonna shoot all the white people :D

It's all BS.

The spill can't affect oil production unless the government lets it affect production, and I think that's what they want.

You can't drill for oil without spills any more than you can mine coal without cave-ins. It's part of the process, but the end result is worth it.

The left is against drilling for oil, mining coal, and building nuclear plants. What's left? Solar panels and windmills are not reliable sources of energy. Oil and coal ARE solar power. Let California freeze in the dark - I want electricity.

At least from what Obama said, they have no intention of changing course on oil production, but they'll enforce worker safety and the mechanical failsafes.

Fact is, there's a big valve on the well that's not working. They will probably force them to start testing those things so this kind of thing doesn't happen.

The administration is getting criticized for their delayed response. They are just a little late to the party. There were several story's on this, this morning, but I can't find them, there was a rebuttal story about how the administration lashed out against the criticism.

Here's an interesting headline on Fox.

'Everything Will Be Examined' in Gulf Oil Spill, Officials Say

Federal officials say they plan to investigate every possible cause of last week's massive explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico -- including the possibility of criminal acts or negligence.

FOXNews.com - 'Everything Will Be Examined' in Gulf Oil Spill, Officials Say

Fox criticizing the administration? Say it ain't so.

Guest db99wj
Fox criticizing the administration? Say it ain't so.

Read the article. That article criticizes no one. There have been ideas floating around about possible terrorism, etc and this is from the administration saying they are going to investigate everything, including criminal acts.

With that said, all media outlets are leaning in one direction or the other, they all suck, but this one, isn't going in that direction.

Read the article. That article criticizes no one. There have been ideas floating around about possible terrorism, etc and this is from the administration saying they are going to investigate everything, including criminal acts.

With that said, all media outlets are leaning in one direction or the other, they all suck, but this one, isn't going in that direction.

I think sabotage crossed everybody's mind. If that's what happened, they need to feed them to the bull sharks

Why would they send SWAT teams to "investigate"?

Seems like that is out of their area of expertise. They don't seem like the ones that should be investigating anything. Seems like "Defending", or checking to see how well other rigs are secure is more in their area.

Could this have been an "Eco-Terrorist" attack gone wrong? How safely are these rigs secured? Could they be considered a potential target for other terrorist organizations?

Just kind of wondering out loud...

Uh, yeah, that is a great hypothesis. Wish I had thought of that...

(like around page one, of course I was wearing to much tin foil at that time)

Info: All rigs have multiple safety features such as pressure valves both at the surface and at the well head. Problem is they don't react well to explosions.

Edited by Rightwinger
Guest oldsmobile98

-- edited --

I feel for those folks. Louisiana has had a rough time these past few years.

Edited by oldsmobile98
Guest KarlS

Wait another day or two. There will be dead fish along with birds washing ashore by the millions. Then the environmentalists will start going nuts.

I headed up a beach crew during Exxon Valdez fiasco. For 12-16 hours a day 7 days a week from March 23 until Sept 20th I had 5 boats assigned to pick up dead birds and animals. That included seals, sea otters, land otters, sea lions, eagles, seagulls, and all kinds of ducks. Once in a while there were survivors but it wasn't pretty.

Every high tide will wash in more oil. Once at the high tide mark the oil will saturate the sand, mud, and rocks to a depth of 18-24". There it will stay. From there on with each receading tide it will leave an oil slick along the beach...for years!! Every piece of seaweed, driftwood, litter and whatever else within the affected area has to be picked up and removed. Don't fall for the crap about nature taking care of it. Won't happen.

This will be a test for the administration. I predict they will fail this test miserably. Janet Napolitano is giving her lame speaches of what they'll do. She needs to get her head out of her ass and get real. Eric Holder has been sent to start the lawsuits rolling. Isn't that great? Idiot #2. It took 19 years of litigation before we got a dime! The lawyers on both sides made a royal killing and we got crap! Exxon could have paid the settlement with one quarters earnings back when it was 5.4 billion. Then SCOTUS screwed us. They assigned a maximum award of 507.5 million. What a joke. I hope the people in the Gulf make out better than we did.

Anyone looking for work? There will be plenty of jobs cleaning oil. Good money, long hours, and every conceivable health risk while doing it. All the people that shouldn't be making money will be raping the system out of millions. The hard working grunts like us will get a sore butt and sick as a dog from constantly wearing oily clothes with no way to clean up. Ready yet?

Sorry but this saddens me. It brings back horrible memories.

Don't fall for the crap about nature taking care of it. Won't happen.

You're right. There is still an estimated 21,000 gallons of oil from the Exxon Valdez still floating around under the surface. And this is 21 years later.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Wait another day or two. There will be dead fish along with birds washing ashore by the millions. Then the environmentalists will start going nuts.

I headed up a beach crew during Exxon Valdez fiasco. For 12-16 hours a day 7 days a week from March 23 until Sept 20th I had 5 boats assigned to pick up dead birds and animals. That included seals, sea otters, land otters, sea lions, eagles, seagulls, and all kinds of ducks. Once in a while there were survivors but it wasn't pretty.

Every high tide will wash in more oil. Once at the high tide mark the oil will saturate the sand, mud, and rocks to a depth of 18-24". There it will stay. From there on with each receading tide it will leave an oil slick along the beach...for years!! Every piece of seaweed, driftwood, litter and whatever else within the affected area has to be picked up and removed. Don't fall for the crap about nature taking care of it. Won't happen.

This will be a test for the administration. I predict they will fail this test miserably. Janet Napolitano is giving her lame speaches of what they'll do. She needs to get her head out of her ass and get real. Eric Holder has been sent to start the lawsuits rolling. Isn't that great? Idiot #2. It took 19 years of litigation before we got a dime! The lawyers on both sides made a royal killing and we got crap! Exxon could have paid the settlement with one quarters earnings back when it was 5.4 billion. Then SCOTUS screwed us. They assigned a maximum award of 507.5 million. What a joke. I hope the people in the Gulf make out better than we did.

Anyone looking for work? There will be plenty of jobs cleaning oil. Good money, long hours, and every conceivable health risk while doing it. All the people that shouldn't be making money will be raping the system out of millions. The hard working grunts like us will get a sore butt and sick as a dog from constantly wearing oily clothes with no way to clean up. Ready yet?

Sorry but this saddens me. It brings back horrible memories.

I'd venture all that is in the ballpark of the eventual scenario.

Oh, nature CAN take care of it - in a hundred years or more given an otherwise pristine environment to work with. Which it doesn't have by a long shot - the Delta is already America's toilet outlet, amazing to me the fecundity still found there. Or was....

And this one will be seen and felt by far more Americans than the one in Alaska.

- OS

Guest KarlS
Damn, Karl. What does someone say after that?

I don't know. Sorry for going on about it. I just know what's going to happen and I feel so bad for the people.

You're right. There is still an estimated 21,000 gallons of oil from the Exxon Valdez still floating around under the surface. And this is 21 years later.

All my in-laws live there and still wonder if it's safe to harvest clams. They all say you can still turn over the rocks and find oil. In lots of places there is a permanant line of oil at the high tide mark.