A Disaster Of Mega Proportions Brewing In Gulf

Guest KarlS

Guest Whiskers

Just heard Bobby Jendall on Fox News. What a contrast to LA state Katrina response... He did more in 5 minutes to explain the ongoing efforts to mitigate the oil spill than all the news media combined over the last two weeks. While the feds have spent the majority of their time pointing fingers and inflaming the public against BP, some people are actually doing something! At least BP is employing the locals in their efforts..... an empowering example. Contrast that to the FEMA response to Katrina.

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard Bobby Jendall on Fox News. What a contrast to LA state Katrina response... He did more in 5 minutes to explain the ongoing efforts to mitigate the oil spill than all the news media combined over the last two weeks. While the feds have spent the majority of their time pointing fingers and inflaming the public against BP, some people are actually doing something! At least BP is employing the locals in their efforts..... an empowering example. Contrast that to the FEMA response to Katrina.

Bobby is a smart guy, and Blanco was a waste of skin. Fox News is too biased to rely on (let 'er rip guys). Using locals came right out of Obama's mouth, just like it came out of Bobby's.

Guest db99wj
Bobby is a smart guy, and Blanco was a waste of skin. Fox News is too biased to rely on (let 'er rip guys). Using locals came right out of Obama's mouth, just like it came out of Bobby's.

If you rely or discount any one media source, you are just as bad as they are.

My point... This sounds EXACTLY like Foxbabble. I have listened to government spokesman a lot since this hit the news. Of course they drove it home that BP was financially responsible. It would have been the most frequently asked question. Saying they have been inflaming the public is total BULL :P. I'm not pissed at BP right now... but I don't rely on Fox's interpretation of the world. I listen to the people on the ground, like Bobby and the other officials.

Guest db99wj
I don't discount just one. CNN and MSNBC are also biased.

My point exactly, they are ALL biased one way or the other. The fundamental function of journalism is to report the facts unbiasedly, at least that was what I was taught. Todays media outlets fail in this, due to primarily, the mixing of editorial commentary and the reporting of news. My igoogle homepage has Fox, MSNBC and CNN, I go to multiple sources on a story if it involves anything political. Other news stories, I take as half truths. If MSNBC says Red, Fox says Blue, it is probably green.

I have said this before, I have a Journalism Degree, I wish I could go back to college, give it back to them, and see if I qualify for something else. The field of journalism is not the field I learned about.

Cliff Notes: All the major media outlets suck when it comes to being biased.

Edited by db99wj
My point exactly, they are ALL biased one way or the other. The fundamental function of journalism is to report the facts unbiasedly, at least that was what I was taught. Todays media outlets fail in this, due to primarily, the mixing of editorial commentary and the reporting of news. My igoogle homepage has Fox, MSNBC and CNN, I go to multiple sources on a story if it involves anything political. Other news stories, I take as half truths. If MSNBC says Red, Fox says Blue, it is probably green.

I have said this before, if I have a Journalism Degree, I wish I could go back to college, give it back to them, and see if I qualify for something else. The field of journalism is not the field I learned about.

Cliff Notes: All the major media outlets suck when it comes to being biased.

Agree 100%. So many people buy into their crap as absolute gospel, and it has become a real problem. I'm fortunate. I've been in media for over thirty years, and have known a lot of news people personally. I know better. ;)

In an hour, we seem to usually get 5 minutes of NEWS, 15 of COMMERCIALS, and 40 minutes of OPINION. ;)

There are a lot of reasons for the way things are. If you have spent a total of five minutes listening to any public figure, but can go on for an hour about what they believe, then you're doing it wrong.

Guest db99wj
Unfortunately, I'd rather have spent that time on different things. But that's all hindsight.

Me too. University of Memphis, 1996 Journalism with a emphasis in Public Relations. Should have gone into Business Mgmt, finance, or Real Estate.

Guest SUNTZU

Probably cheaper than detergent and a lot less toxic. Even if it was just used as a buffer on the beaches.

You'd think more people would like this green solution. :)

Probably cheaper than detergent and a lot less toxic. Even if it was just used as a buffer on the beaches.

You'd think more people would like this green solution. :)

I really like it if it's doable in the quantities we're talking about. Beach buffer is a great idea.

Guest jackdm3

Boys are too late. Sad. Some dispersant company's got a rich contract for most of the job. Truly hope not because this is American ingenuity free of side-effects.

Edited by jackdm3