Door-to-Door Magazine Salesmen

Guest Glock23ForMe

I refuse to answer the door, and have told my wife the same thing - but if they stand there (which they always do, and look stupidly at the door, as if it'll just magically open by itself), I will (and have) just walked around the side of the house and asked them if I could help them. I still demand that my wife never opens the door, unless it's someone that she knows.

At both my new house and my old house, people have to walk by my living room windows before they get to my door.

My curtains are always open and there is a straight view from the outside my door to my couch looking through the windows.

If someone knocks that I don't know, I will not move from the couch.

I just sit there and flip channels or whatever else I'm doing.

Each time they knock, I will stop, look at them looking at me and continue flipping channels.

It really freaks people when they see that you can hear and see them, yet still ignore them :D

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell did you open the door?

If it's not someone I am expecting, or they aren't wearing a badge and a uniform, they can piss up a limp rope before I'll even consider answering the door for them. Gun on my hip or not, my home is my castle and I don't lower the drawbridge for people I don't know or didn't beckon.

Amen.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Yeah, I know that opening the door was the first bad idea, but there was a real bad storm coming/here and I am willing to help some people, whether it be a couple bucks for gas or something, but whenever you're casing my apt right in front of me... Not cool.

Guest BEARMAN
I will not move from the couch.

I will stop, look at them looking at me and continue flipping channels.

It really freaks people when they see that you can hear and see them, yet still ignore them ;)

Yep, strick, that really gets under my wife's skin too! :rofl::rofl:;)

I don't answer the door either, and have told my wife to do the same. We have a glass storm door that I insist is always kept locked in the rare case that someone does open the front door if someone were to knock - lots of effort to get in for the BG.

Once when my daughter was a newborn someone did ring the doorbell and knock on the door. I answered it to keep them from waking daughter. It was a guy on the porch who parked his truck at the end of my driveway. his wife was in the truck. He wanted to mow my lawn or something.

I have a small porch and opened the door and, looking as friendly as can be kept moving forward confidently into the dude's personal space as I asked if I could help him. He found this awkward and kept taking steps backward until he was off my porch and down a few steps. Conversation didn't last long, but getting inside his space threw him way off immediately and he didn't want to talk much. Of course I am always CC'ing and getting unexpectedly inside his comfort zone was an offshoot of my aikido training and worked well.

But we don't answer the door for people we don't know and aren't expecting.

Guest jackdm3

Have a IR security cam bolted on my wooden door between it and the iron security door. Sees the whole porch, driveway and the entire cove. I never open the door for anyone, but just turn on the monitor. Sees in the dark really well. Screen all phone calls, too.