Show your EDC knives

Guest italia

Guest italia

Here's what I've been carrying:

Kershaw Blur, S30V Stonewash Blade, Earth Brown Anodized Aluminum Scale, Limited to 100 - 1670BRNS30V

attachment.php?attachmentid=51779&d=1272475138

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing special. i was at tractor supply looking for a cheap led flashlight for 3 bucks and they had one with this knife in it for $1.50 more. aluminum handle and stainless steel blade and razor sharp. i wouldnt trust it in the woods but for a knife to cut cardboard and tape with it does the job fine and if i lose it im out a $1.50.

2ly1r2r.jpg

Here's what I've been carrying:

Kershaw Blur, S30V Stonewash Blade, Earth Brown Anodized Aluminum Scale, Limited to 100 - 1670BRNS30V

attachment.php?attachmentid=51779&d=1272475138

You start a thread to SHOW your knife, and you don't SHOW yours?

Jeez.

- OS

I carry a Swiss Army knife. Four pieces. Blade, file, can opener/large screw tip, bottle opener/small screw tip. Don't have a pic. Paid ten buck for it at a gunshow and promptly cut the crap out of my fingertip with it. I use it every day at work to cut cardboard, slit tape etc. It can be so sharp you can do surgery with it, but after a day of banging boxes and all it is not so sharp. If I keep it away from cardboard it stays sharp forever.

To me it is perfect. Always in my pocket.

Guest Caveman

My Sog SG-V68 Vision, VG-10 half serrated/tanto blade, Arch-Lock with dual thumb studs and titanium handle.

Picture071.jpg

Edited by Caveman

I've switched from 4" Cold Steel Voyager

Cold%20Steel%2029MC%20Medium%20Voyager%20Zytel%20Handle%20Clip%20Point%20Plain.jpg

at least for a while, to:

Gerber Profile. Gave up 1/2" in length, but the grip is so secure in hand, not gonna slide down the blade in the event of well, you know. Even if all wet and slick with, well, you know....

22-01297-1.jpg

I also carry a CS Urban Pal on neck:

51WG9MWMD9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And have a CS Super Edge on keychain:

41sP4AqXLbL._SS500_.jpg

And a no name multi-tool with blade.

So yeah, I guess you could say I feel comfy having a knife or two on my person. :D

- OS

Guest fourspdRAT

When at work I carry a Smith and Wesson HRT Urban Camo. I got it for $10 at a gun show and it's great for cutting belts and hoses and acting as a screwdriver or pry bar. Everywhere else I have a SOG Trident and Kershaw TDI LDK.

Guest Caveman
I've got one of the XV71's. Great knife.

I just switched from a Microtech Amphibian to the Sog and so far I am very happy with it. I believe the only difference between the Vision XV68 and the X-Ray Vision XV71 is that the X-Ray's handle is not titanium. What type of handle does yours have? I bet it is a bit lighter than mine.

Guest italia
You start a thread to SHOW your knife, and you don't SHOW yours?

Jeez.

- OS

:D I think the image link was broken for a while.

Guest italia
I've switched from 4" Cold Steel Voyager

Cold%20Steel%2029MC%20Medium%20Voyager%20Zytel%20Handle%20Clip%20Point%20Plain.jpg

at least for a while, to:

Gerber Profile. Gave up 1/2" in length, but the grip is so secure in hand, not gonna slide down the blade in the event of well, you know. Even if all wet and slick with, well, you know....

22-01297-1.jpg

I also carry a CS Urban Pal on neck:

51WG9MWMD9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And have a CS Super Edge on keychain:

41sP4AqXLbL._SS500_.jpg

And a no name multi-tool with blade.

So yeah, I guess you could say I feel comfy having a knife or two on my person. :D

- OS

I like that Gerber. Is it available with a partially serrated blade?

Guest Caveman
:D I think the image link was broken for a while.

Mine worked fine. There is a code you can use to reset your profile....type in ID10T and see if you can get the picture link to work. :D

• Administrator
I just switched from a Microtech Amphibian to the Sog and so far I am very happy with it. I believe the only difference between the Vision XV68 and the X-Ray Vision XV71 is that the X-Ray's handle is not titanium. What type of handle does yours have? I bet it is a bit lighter than mine.

It's glass reinforced nylon. It's pretty light.

Guest Plainsman
acda.jpg

I carried all of this until my pants started falling down in public. Now it's just the knife and a snubbie.

You must have been frequenting the Memphis area.

I like that Gerber. Is it available with a partially serrated blade?

No, it's not.

It comes in fixed blade version also, 1/2" longer with even wider blade, but it's not serrated either.

They are inexpensive, $20 from Amazon, etc, $25 from say Gander Mountain locally.

Really tight lockup on the folder though, and both are 'bout as sharp as any. Thick, no nonsense blades.

- OS

You don't have THAT style Recon do you, as the redesign is supposedly not even out yet.

Doesn't your handle look like this? (different blade style, I know).

cs_27lth.jpg

- OS

Ooops! I posted the wrong photo. Yes, I have the one you've posted. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the 2010 model.