Show your EDC knives

Guest italia

Ooops! I posted the wrong photo. Yes, I have the one you've posted. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the 2010 model.

I thought you maybe already found an outlet for the new ones.Yeah, they have done same type redesign on the Voyagers, too - and I may well go back to it with the new one.

Although the original Recon's G10 grip is REALLY grippable, much better than the Voyager's Zytel ones.

I have Recon1, and it's quite a knife, but prefer the lighter Voyager.

- OS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you maybe already found an outlet for the new ones.Yeah, they have done same type redesign on the Voyagers, too - and I may well go back to it with the new one.

Although the original Recon's G10 grip is REALLY grippable, much better than the Voyager's Zytel ones.

I have Recon1, and it's quite a knife, but prefer the lighter Voyager.

- OS

I wish. I found several websites that had the 2010 models pictured, but didn't actually have them in stock.

I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty certian my girlfriend pre-ordered me one directly from Cold Steel for my birthday.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest Plainsman

I haven't ever really done any extensive research into Cold Steel knives. I guess I always thought that the name sounded like some cheap knockoff of something. Kinda like Counter Sniper scopes. So they are good knives, and worth the $100 pricetag?

Guest WTDeBerry
acda.jpg

I carried all of this until my pants started falling down in public. Now it's just the knife and a snubbie.

Nice Kershaw. I carry that exact blade, along with a Case "Chrome Vanadium", or CV, Amber Bone Medium Stockman as my "Gentleman's Blade" - No need to go "tactical" all the time - and a Leatherman Juice C2. Then, when I have my backpack with me, it has my Gerber Applegate Combat Folder in OD Green, Leatherman Skeletool CX, and Victorinox Swiss Army Tinker Deluxe, plus the aforementioned knives/tools which are actually on me. Other goodies as well, but this is a KNIFE/TOOL thread. Wish I had pics..

WTDeBerry

PS - It CAN cause you to need to tighten your belt at times. Sorry if I HiJacked your post/pic. ;)

Guest billwilly73

I carry this sweet piece of baddassness........Lucky for BGs I've never had to unleash it's powerful edge on them.

fmk_callofthenorth.jpg?t=1272842267

Edited by billwilly73
Guest Caveman
I carry this sweet piece of baddassness........Lucky for BGs I've never had to unleash it's powerful edge on them.

fmk_callofthenorth.jpg?t=1272842267

;) That's awesome...

I haven't ever really done any extensive research into Cold Steel knives. I guess I always thought that the name sounded like some cheap knockoff of something. Kinda like Counter Sniper scopes. So they are good knives, and worth the $100 pricetag?

They range from $10 to maybe $500.

I own about 10 of the smaller ones, and maybe 10 of the cheaper bigger ones (machetes, Bushmen, GI Tanto, War Head) , and have found all them to be well worth the pricetag.

I'm not a Lynn Thompson fan personally, but do like the knives.

The highest end ones I own are I think the Recon1 and Voyager, both in the $70 range street.

And no, and I don't think ANY of them are US made now.

Unless you find a closeout or cheaper listing on CS's other site (Special Projects : Cold Steel), you can always get them cheaper elsewhere. Sometimes eBay is best of all.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Plainsman
They range from $10 to maybe $500.

I own about 10 of the smaller ones, and maybe 10 of the cheaper bigger ones (machetes, Bushmen, GI Tanto, War Head) , and have found all them to be well worth the pricetag.

I'm not a Lynn Thompson fan personally, but do like the knives.

The highest end ones I own are I think the Recon1 and Voyager, both in the $70 range street.

And no, and I don't think ANY of them are US made now.

Unless you find a closeout or cheaper listing on CS's other site (Special Projects : Cold Steel), you can always get them cheaper elsewhere. Sometimes eBay is best of all.

- OS

Good to know OS, I appreciate the info.

Guest WTDeBerry
No one carries Buck knives?

I do not own any at the moment, but I believe that they are very good knives, good quality, and I have been looking very seriously into getting a few sometime soon. What model is that one? LOVE the blade shape.

WTDeberry

Edited by WTDeBerry
Guest Joey

I got it around 95 and it's been a great knife. Not sure if it goes by any special model name but here's what's on the blade:

BUCK

446 (followed by a backwards C)

U.S.A.

No one carries Buck knives?...

I had a 110 for many years, that got totally eaten up forgotten in bottom of a salt water wet tackle box.

Just replaced it a few months ago with the 110 finger grooved model. Not carrying it currently though, as I don't consider it a SD blade, since it's slow to deploy. Beautiful knife, though, and still seems as well made as ever.

41OUGBmASPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also have a Bucklite Max fixed blade.

Inexpensive, but really solid wide blade, comfy grip.

315xSUGa9-L._SS400_.jpg

The 110 and the 119 Bucks are two of the greatest values in the knife world, I think. And can both be had from WalMart, even though they're one of the rare American made things there!

Maybe I need to pick up a 119.

Comes with nylon sheath, though, these days, instead of leather, sigh.

- OS

You can still get the 110 and 119 with leather sheaths. I believe it's just the ones at Walmart that have the nylon sheaths.

Ah, good to know.

Now, my 110FG did come with leather sheath (Amazon), but I'd never carry a folder that way myself.

- OS

Wow, true luv!

- OS

Well, today is my birthday, and I did get my 2010 Cold Steel Recon 1 from the girlfriend. Unfortunately, it was a nice framed picture of a Cold Steel Recon 1 :bored:. According to the girlfriend, the actual knife isn't scheduled to be here until next week.

Guest CK1

Ka-Bar K-2 Tanto Half-Serrated, never know when you might need to take down a wild boar or open a new xbox game with style...

86b1415c.jpg

Guest fourspdRAT
Ka-Bar K-2 Tanto Half-Serrated, never know when you might need to take down a wild boar or open a new xbox game with style...

How you liking that Ka-Bar folder? Can't say Ive ever had my hands on one but they look nice.

Guest Caveman

86b1415c.jpg

I dig the pick.....and the knife.

Guest Jamie

All of these, at one point or the other.

Now days, the middle one in the bottom pic, with the horn handle, is the one that always goes with me.

Most of the rest are still around here somewhere, along with quite a few others.

P6140215.jpg

PocketKnives0001.jpg

J.