Hero 1911 - Range Report

• Admin Team

Well, like Jason I also picked up my Hero 1911 today.

Jeff Meister puts together a great pistol. I cannot speak highly enough of his work. If you have wanted a custom 1911, but have been hesitant, here are pictures of the pistol and a range report. I can definitely say that this gun is capable of more than I am as a shooter.

DSC08398.jpg

DSC08402.jpg

DSC08396.jpg

Shown with a D.M. Bullard Dual Carry I picked up in expectation of its arrival

DSC08399.jpg

DSC08400.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

Three shots - supported - 25meters - The two showing outside the sticker are the outside 2 rounds of 5 shots from 25meters unsupported.

IMG_0233.jpg

9 rounds from 15meters supported. The flier there occured when the people in the lane next to me did a mag dump with the rental Thompson. I was a little nervous earlier watching both the girl and her boyfriend sweeping the range and each other with a Glock - and now they were shooting a machine gun.

IMG_0234.jpg

15meters - moderate rate of fire - unsupported

IMG_0236.jpg

The remainder of a box of 100WWB from 7meters - rapid and slow fire

I am quite certain the gun is capable of more than I am right now. The supported shots at 25meters were shocking (at least with me doing the shooting). I can truly say that this weapon exceeds all of my expectations, and I would rank it right with any NightHawk, Wilson or Baer that I've had the pleasure of shooting.

Definitely give Joe or Jeff a call and get your hands on one of these!

Edited by MacGyver
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the looks of those 1911's the only thing I would have done differently than you and Jason would be to have ordered it with a naked slide (no roll marks) I just might have to get me one of them! did the gun rug come with it or did it cost extra?

• Admin Team

Came with the rug and three Wilson 47D mags.

One of my main reasons for ordering one (after shooting one at a get together last year) was to support folks here in Tennessee. I figured that as long as I was doing that, I might as well go ahead and get it with the roll marks. I kind of like it. I think it was well done.

Came with the rug and three Wilson 47D mags.

One of my main reasons for ordering one (after shooting one at a get together last year) was to support folks here in Tennessee. I figured that as long as I was doing that, I might as well go ahead and get it with the roll marks. I kind of like it. I think it was well done.

That is a very nice Gun, and I have nothing against the roll marks, I just prefer a clean slide. How long was the wait for it?

• Admin Team

Well, the initial wait was long, as they had to get all their paperwork in order, and had to get Caspian to run with the Hero Gear serials. I think I ordered around the end of last summer (fully expecting it to take a while). Jeff told me the other day that now that they are up and running, probably around 30 days. I'd give him a call directly to check.

edit: Joe answered above 4-6 weeks

Well, the initial wait was long, as they had to get all their paperwork in order, and had to get Caspian to run with the Hero Gear serials. I think I ordered around the end of last summer (fully expecting it to take a while). Jeff told me the other day that now that they are up and running, probably around 30 days. I'd give him a call directly to check.

edit: Joe answered above 4-6 weeks

These are some of the very first Hero-1911 pistols to be delivered.

When we started this project late last summer, we knew there would be lots of details to sort out before we were ready to release guns to the public.

Its amazing to look at the initial test mule guns that we demo'd last summer, and the finished product today.

They have really evolved into amazing works of (lethal) art!

I also decided to design my own pistol bags, and have them produced here in the US.

This was extra work and expense, but I felt well worth it.

Now that we have things up and running smoothly, delivery time has greatly improved.

Enjoy your gun!

I also decided to design my own pistol bags, and have them produced here in the US.

This was extra work and expense, but I felt well worth it.

I really don't see myself getting one of these as I'm just too cheap (and frankly, not a good enough shot to justify such a fine firearm), but man, this is why Hero Gear rules...

Guest billwilly73

For those of us who can't afford that beautiful gun at the moment, Are the bags available for sale seperatly?

• Admin Team

Definitely let me make clear as well that Hero-Gear exceeded every expectation I had, including delivery time.

I ordered one the day after shooting one late last summer. I got the first serial number they released, and knew going in that it was going to be a while. Frankly, I didn't expect to see it until sometime this summer.

Jeff was great about reaching out regularly with updates. When he did get ready to build, he reached out to make sure that my weapon was exactly like I wanted it.

It's the reason I go out of my way to do business with Joe and those guys. They deliver a great product, and really strive to exceed expectations.

The range bags are great. Joe, I don't know if you borrowed the design from someone else or came up with it on your own, but the shock cord added with the velcro straps is a great idea.

I love the pistol.

For those of us who can't afford that beautiful gun at the moment, Are the bags available for sale seperatly?

Yep, bags are in stock and available for sale

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

Single Pistol Bag @ 45.00 and Double @ 49.00 (available in Black, Coyote Tan) *Range Green coming soon!

Guest abailey362

beautifiul.

I got to shoot a couple of the prototypes last summer and thought they were damn near perfect. I can't imagine how great the production pieces are if Jeff was able to make that much difference in them.

congrats on a great piece

• Admin Team
Mac, you have the same IWB as I do. Ordered it just for this gun. Great minds think alike, eh?
:D

It's great with the tuckable clips as well. I just haven't converted them out yet. I think that makes 4 D.M. Bullard holsters and two belts for me. I have been really impressed with his work. And, he seems like a heck of a nice guy to boot.

Guest JHatmaker

I use the tuckable clips as well, OhShoot turned me on to DM and I was extemely impressed w/ the workmanship. I haven't gotten a belt from him yet but plan to soon.

• Admin Team

These were built from the ground up, Chandler. No existing pistol necessary. I have seen examples of jeff's work on customizing existing pistols to their owner's liking, but these are new hero-gear serialized weapons.

Hero- you offer pistols already customized, or do you need a core supplied?
These were built from the ground up, Chandler. No existing pistol necessary. I have seen examples of jeff's work on customizing existing pistols to their owner's liking, but these are new hero-gear serialized weapons.

The Hero-1911s are in fact custom guns build by Hero-Gear / Hero Guns on our own receivers.

We can also take your existing 1911, and modify it into your dream gun per your specs and wishes.