What is the Best Knife you have ever owned?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bowdenknxvll

It depends on the situation. I guess the best folders are the Fallkniven U2 and a custom Bob Dozier. In fixed blades it was the Rat-3 or a custom from maker Fiddleback Forge. With all the new tactical blades with crazy steels it seems like I always go back to something more "useable" and, well, boring!

Guest Caveman

Had you asked me this a month ago I would have said my Microtech Amphibian, but thanks to you I now have to say my SOG Vision. I love everything about this knife. I gave up my Microtech for it and haven't looked back.

Guest Caveman
I am glad that you like it so much Jim, it is indeed an outstanding knife by the way I love the Al Mar Sere 2000 I picked up from you and appreciate the deal my friend :screwy:

I'm glad you like it. I was never a fan of it due to the auto action release being the handle. I carried it for a while before I realized it was illegal, but I never could get used to it.

I'm glad you like it. I was never a fan of it due to the auto action release being the handle. I carried it for a while before I realized it was illegal, but I never could get used to it.

It works great offshore, I am allowed to use auto's at work so I love it!

Guest Caveman
It works great offshore, I am allowed to use auto's at work so I love it!

Hell yeah, that's better than it sitting in my safe. Gee, that sounds a bit familiar...:screwy:

Guest Odenat

Best EDC that I have on me 100% of the time SOG Flash I. It's light enough, fast, not so big you will draw unwanted attention when cutting an apple. It won't break the bank if you lose it (I've gone through two so far). It's around $30.00. My fav mid/large folder is a toss up between the Benchmade 710 and the Benchmade 940 both are really balanced but pretty pricey especially the 940.

Totally agreed (I don't know if its going to be the best I'll own but it my best EDC right now), got mine for less than $30, and 1st one is still going strong. The second is waiting its turn. .....

so far my best knife has been my Spyderco Tenacious. Has to be one of the best $30 knives available. I'm thinking about picking up a second one soon.

I really liked the CRKT M16 I had, but it got lost in a motorcycle wreck. Now the best would be the new Gerber Covert FAST I recently bought. The other I have would be the custom knife built by Vic Wison. Thing is beautiful.

Guest c.a.s.

My CRKT M16-13Z has served me well for quite a few years. It's been used for a little of everything, and a lot of others. Right now it could use a good sharpening, but it's still kicking along.

Right now I'm using a Kershaw Leek, and like it. It could use a combo blade, but it's plenty sharp and the speedsafe action is nice.

Benchmade AFOII

Best Knife.. ever.

I had what I thought was the AFO II, but it was the previous model, the 9050BK, the discontinued one, I read a great review on the Benchmade 9051BK AFO II how they have improved on it so I ordered one, looking forward to it :mad:

Edited by willis68
  • 5 weeks later...

After having my ZT 301 for a few days, I have to say that this is absolutely the best (legal)carry knife that I have ever owned. It seemed like it would be too big to comfortably carry but it is just right. It fits in my hand like it was custom designed for it. I will never buy another Strider as I honestly feel that these are better knives for half the price. I will be buying a 0300, 0302 and the 0550 when it comes out. These are the best bang for your buck on a knife that is built like a tank, rock solid and opens as quickly as an auto

I had what I thought was the AFO II, but it was the previous model, the 9050BK, the discontinued one, I read a great review on the Benchmade 9051BK AFO II how they have improved on it so I ordered one, looking forward to it :bowrofl:

I've been carrying my 9051 for about a month now. It opens much more forcefully and has much better ergonomics. The blade is a bit wider and is still just a stout as the 9050. I love the bigger open button. The pocket clip has been moved also so it rides about a half inch lower in my pocket.

GREAT knife.

I've owned, literally, a ton of knives in my life. The SOG's that I own are my favorites, but the best knife I've ever owned (and still do) is a Buck 110 that was my first real (read: not a dollar bin knife) knife. I got it for Christmas in 1983 as a gift from my late grandmother. It's been used for every possible knife function (once again read: screwdriver; filet knife, gutting knife, camp steak knife, pry bar, etc). I retired it after my grandmother died to keep from damaging it, and will pass it on to my son one day.

I tend not to buy really expensive knives because I use them. Best fixed blade is between a Daniel Valois Victor I got back in the 80's and a Bob Lum "Encounter" I used as an EDC. Folders... I have a Spyderco Endura from the 90's which I still use and believe it or not the Boker AK74 I carried every day until I moved to Tennessee... Cheap knife that works great.

I've got an old S&W clip on folder that has taken a beating and is a great everyday carry work knife. But my Gerber Military Tactical LMF II - A.S.E.K. Knife has got to be my favorite though...Ain't hardly anything it wont do, lol.

Edited by barewoolf