recommend me a new EDC knife.

Guest goomba

Guest goomba

about a month ago I lost my NRA benchmade at the range. I've searched high and low for it but I can't find it. and I've had that knife for over 5 years! the NRA store has one that is similar. the grip panels are slightly different and the thumb hole on my old one was more of a beveled teardrop.

this is the one I'm thinking about.

24336TH.jpg

I'm using an CRKT as my EDC. but it just feels different.

anybody got suggestions?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about a month ago I lost my NRA benchmade at the range. I've searched high and low for it but I can't find it. and I've had that knife for over 5 years! the NRA store has one that is similar. the grip panels are slightly different and the thumb hole on my old one was more of a beveled teardrop.

24336TH.jpg

anybody got suggestions?

What is your budget for the knife that you are wanting?

I'm willing to spend up to around $100

I would suggest you watch Ebay for the Spyderco Carbon Fiber Native, I picked up one for $95.00 shipped a few months back, it is an excellent knife and nicer than some $300 knives that I have owned

• Admin Team

Spyderco Military. Period. Maybe the best definition of what an EDC knife should be. Fast. Wickedly sharp out of the box. S30V steel makes it easy to sharpen and keep and edge. Good G10 grip panels.

couple of good options for this pricepoint:

have and carry every day the Kershaw Tactical Blur Tanto. amazing knive, super fast assisted opener, razor sharp, American made. $60ish at walmart. more elsewhere.

The SOG Pentagon Elite is an amazing knife with the strongest locking mechanism available, will not fail at over 1000 lbs. Stainless steel liner, multiple sizes available there are several SOG on the same frame and platform. around $100.

imho...

Guest CK1

Ka-Bar K-2 Tanto half-serrated, around $15. Beat it into the ground day in and day out, and save your $300 Microtech auto's for locking them up solid by cutting limes at summer BBQ's (ask me how I know :D).

86b1415c.jpg

Buck Bantam, Less than $20 and if you happen yo loss it at the range

you won't have to look high and low for it. Just by a new one.

Mine stays sharp and is rock solid. Yeah, it's 420HC steel.

But Buck has ALL WAYS done R&D on their 420HC knives.

The spent many months on the CATRA machines to get the best blade

design and steel performance for the best price.

And after all that it is Made in the U.S.A, and has a LIFETIME Warranty.

I have been looking for some time now.

We were at the Knife Works in Sevierville to look at a Flash 2 and one of the salesman carried a Visionary 1. I tried his and was sold.

I should get my new SOG Visionary 1 this week. The Visionary 2 was good but the Visionary 1 was much easier for me to open with one hand.

Guest Nik

+1 on Spyderco.

I carry the "Stretch" but if that is too large for you, try the "Native".

24336TH.jpg

anybody got suggestions?

Guest dboonekilledabearhere

I carry the Kershaw speedsafe. It clips nicely inside my pocket. It is opened very quickly and easily. It also has a safety you can engage to prevent inadvertent opening. Very lightweight.