Why the h3ll's everybody out of gas??!!??

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a real question? J/K Real simple trucks couldn't get to them. ;)Shouldn't last long ....unless all the yahoo's panic and start filling up every container in their house "just in case".B) Then it will drag on for a while.

Guest Arko

Yup. Simple answer was delays for refill due to road closures. Some trucking companies had losses as well. As mentioned, it should start to ease up.

Heard from a gas guy today that the most of the gas in the area has been contaminated with water, and is thus useless. True or not I dunno.

B.S. They're just prepping people with that excuse to try and jack the price.

I filled mine up on Sunday because I anticipated this would happen. :D

+1

Much of the gas we get in these parts comes from the the plants in Nashville that are currently under about 10' of water. Three of the main locations are located directly next to the Cumberland River in Nashville.

B.S. They're just prepping people with that excuse to try and jack the price.

I have no idea about distributors but as far as station storage goes, it's very easy to get water in the storage tanks. Very easy!

Guest jackdm3

It's not "very easy." It's "incredibly easy." You would think flood-susceptible stations would have seals. But if deep-ocean rigs can't prepare for sudden disconnects, what can we expect on land?

Edited by jackdm3
Guest HvyMtl

Ok, one of the local tv stations 2 or 4, was busy swapping between to see the damage, mentioned there are 4 gasoline transfer stations in Nashville - where they transfer the gasoline to trucks to deliver to the local gas stations. 2 of the 4 were closed Sunday, due to flooding. So, there is a delay in delivery...

Don't they use fuel barges to deliver gasoline to Nashville? IF so, then there is more delay, as running fuel barges up a flooding river cannot be easy, or safe...

I live in the Nashville area between Hermitage and Mt. Juliet. Haven't noticed a problem or price increase yet.

FWIW, I grew up in Florida around hurricanes and just prepared for this as I would any hurricane. As soon as the flooding looked like it was coming on Saturday I made sure both vehicles were filled up and made a quick run to Wally world for a few things like water. I was surprised at how few people were at the store and that we haven't had gas problems, but today I have been absorbed in trying to recover my business warehouse that flooded and haven't needed gas or groceries so maybe I was ahead of the rush of the unprepared.

Hope all of you are safe.

Guest redbarron06

I will be headed from Atlanta to Nash tomorrow. Will more than likley stop in Wildwood GA and top off. Also picking up a couple of cases of bottled water from the local wally world down here before pulling pitch. Wife said all the local stores were sold out of it.

Big rumors floating around yesterday about the gas tanks rupturing and "everyone" keeping it quiet. It started mini runs in several areas.

It was pretty easy to see that the refueling stations were under water or had blocked roads. I would imagine that it will clear itself out in a few days

Guest mustangdave

fuel trucks are stacked up on the west side of town at the gas terminal to fill up a roll out....thank you flood waters...expect shortages...do not panic...all is well...all is well

Serious about where gas went?

Internal email...

There continues to be a shortage of gasoline at many filling stations around Nashville...

Dealers are especially running short of regular grade unleaded.

The main gasoline storage tanks that supply gas to majority of all local stations are located in the Centennial Bend area of West Nashville... flood water still bad in that area. Gas trucks can't get to the tanks to load up until the water goes down.

And of course.. many gas stations are still without power.

Motorists can expect spot shortages in various areas around town... or they may have to get mid or premium grade gas.

Carlos Johnson

image001.jpg?Security=2

Producer / News Radio 1510, WLAC-AM

Clear Channel Radio / Nashville

55 Music Square West

Nashville, TN 37203

615-664-2400