Pulled over on bike today by THP

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a war on citizens. I don't care if Joe blow wants to get high anymore than I care if he want to get drunk. I don't care if he wants to eat donuts until he is 600 pounds either. If any of those people affect someone else's property, that is the point where there is a crime with a victim.

There used to be a saying that "my rights end where your nose begins". Now it is "my rights end where my fellow citizen wants to vote them to end."

Well, if dope does not matter to you, do serial killers count? A few that have been captured because of routine traffic stops:The BTK killer, Ted Bundy(Tag not to vehicle), Son of Sam (parking in front of hydrant, Joel Rifkin (No tag to vehicle), Timothy McVeigh (License plate violation).

This seems to imply that everyone is guilty and need to be pulled over to make sure they are not, also that traffic laws are a good way to be able to do that.

I thought the idea of traffic regulation was for our "safety" while traveling. Not to catch people for other violations.

This seems to imply that everyone is guilty and need to be pulled over to make sure they are not, also that traffic laws are a good way to be able to do that.

I thought the idea of traffic regulation was for our "safety" while traveling. Not to catch people for other violations.

You guys crack me up. I think some of us just didn't get enough hugs.

Well, if dope does not matter to you, do serial killers count? A few that have been captured because of routine traffic stops:The BTK killer, Ted Bundy(Tag not to vehicle), Son of Sam (parking in front of hydrant, Joel Rifkin (No tag to vehicle), Timothy McVeigh (License plate violation).

routine traffic stop, what exactly is that?

Oh and there's a HUGE difference between serial killers and the so called war on drugs.

You guys crack me up. I think some of us just didn't get enough hugs.

You guys who want to regulate us to death crack me up.

I am thinking it is the folks who feel we need laws to protect us from ourselves need to be taught personal responsibility.

routine traffic stop, what exactly is that?

Oh and there's a HUGE difference between serial killers and the so called war on drugs.

I'm done. I guess we should just let people smoke dope, snort coke, shoot mexican tar, and drive like ra-tards. Let's stop enforcing child restraint laws while we are at it. The majority of people on this board are awesome, I guess there will alway be a few who make the rest of us look bad.

You guys who want to regulate us to death crack me up.

I am thinking it is the folks who feel we need laws to protect us from ourselves need to be taught personal responsibility.

Hey what the hell is personal responsibility? Didn't you know that now days nobody is personally responsible for anything? It's always somone/something elses fault.

God Bless America!

I'm done. I guess we should just let people smoke dope, snort coke, shoot mexican tar, and drive like ra-tards. Let's stop enforcing child restraint laws while we are at it. The majority of people on this board are awesome, I guess there will alway be a few who make the rest of us look bad.

:P holy **** I knew that was coming next.

So folks who have a different opinion than you, make you "look bad"?

Man that went off topic.

It all comes down to, a cop can pull you over for anything he wants and if you resist in anyway you will go down. The only thing going for you is later you can file a complaint and hope for the best.

If it upset you call the cop's boss and ask what his rules on the subject are.

Guest 6.8 AR
Hey what the hell is personal responsibility? Didn't you know that now days nobody is personally responsible for anything? It's always somone/something elses fault.

God Bless America!

Personal responsibility fits with the Bill of Rights. People seem to forget that.

I am glad I finally saw it. The rest of these laws just become infringements.

"I'm done. I guess we should just let people smoke dope, snort coke, shoot mexican tar, and drive like ra-tards. Let's stop enforcing child restraint laws while we are at it. The majority of people on this board are awesome, I guess there will alway be a few who make the rest of us look bad."

If it comes down to liberty, I guess I'm one who make us look bad. I don't do any of those things, But the idea of the government protecting us from ourselves is a huge bother, and when you pass laws blindly you sometimes

get more than you asked for. More government.

To the original post. How did that trooper know the helmet was illegal?

That was nonsense and anyone should know it.

Man that went off topic.

It all comes down to, a cop can pull you over for anything he wants and if you resist in anyway you will go down. The only thing going for you is later you can file a complaint and hope for the best.

If it upset you call the cop's boss and ask what his rules on the subject are.

:(

Guest db99wj

Did you inform him of your carry permit and you were carrying? :(

Anyway, is the helmet one that is known to be not compliant, or is it a typical approved helmet? That would be hard to tell when you are rolling at that rate of speed.

Edited by db99wj

Had the same thing happen to a buddy of mine. He called me to come get him as the officer would not let him ride the bike off and was going to have it towed. When I got there I asked the officer if I could take the bike home for him and he said sure. I informed him that I did not have a helmet with me and he said you can just use the one your buddy was wearing. (the one he has getting the ticket for) Talk about messed up. He got a helmet ticket and I got to ride off with the same helmet and no ticket.

Wow really guys? Placing blame on all LEOs is stupid. Sure there are a few bad apples but a majority of them are good, hard working people who are just doing their job. The cop bashing on here is getting old and I've only been here a few months. As far as the whole drugs are a waste of taxpayers money I do agree to an extent and think some COULD be legalized but HEAVILY HEAVILY taxed therefore opening up room in our prison system, but this is not the thread for that discussion. In regards to the helmet issue all you can do is do research on it and maybe even print off proof to show the next cop who pulls you over for it if it is indeed legal.

Guest Caveman
Wow really guys? Placing blame on all LEOs is stupid. Sure there are a few bad apples but a majority of them are good, hard working people who are just doing their job. The cop bashing on here is getting old and I've only been here a few months. As far as the whole drugs are a waste of taxpayers money I do agree to an extent and think some COULD be legalized but HEAVILY HEAVILY taxed therefore opening up room in our prison system, but this is not the thread for that discussion. In regards to the helmet issue all you can do is do research on it and maybe even print off proof to show the next cop who pulls you over for it if it is indeed legal.

No one is "cop bashing" in this thread. Every time someone opens up conversation about a traffic stop or an act by a LEO people like you jump in crying about it and pulling the "LEO bashing" card out. This is called conversation and you may want to check your delicate sensibilities at the door.

Edited by Caveman
Guest Askgeneral

Isnt driving considered a "privilege" and not a right? With that being the case, the state can put on whatever restrictions they want. If that includes pulling someone over if they are suspicious of their helmet or because they aren't wearing the seat-belts or restraints then you have to abide by it. If you dont like the terms and conditions that come with the license then dont drive.

I didn’t read through this whole thread… Is it DOT approved? Did he recognize it as a fake?

I would guess he could tow your vehicle if you couldn’t legally drive it off… but that’s just a WAG based on law from another state. :P

I do agree to an extent and think some COULD be legalized but HEAVILY HEAVILY taxed therefore opening up room in our prison system, .

tax the crap out of something and it might as well remain illegal. Only the well off and affluent can afford it then.

If you are going to legalize it, tax it at a rate that is not out of line for other vices IMHO.

I still want to see a pic of the helmet. I have seen helmets for sale with notes on them saying they are not DOT approved. If I was a cop and saw someone riding with one of them I think I could recognize it.