Gerber Profile

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fourspdRAT

I would really like to have one of these. I think they are great looking little knives. My local wal mart and other places never have them, though. I guess I could always buy onine.

I've got the fixed AND the folding Gerber Profile.

Both very serviceable knives. I love the grips, both for the suface texture and the shape.

The fixed blade is 4" and a little wider than the 3.5" folder, but both are same thickness. Fixed model has nylon sheath, but it's very serviceable, holds well with no rattle.

The folder has a very simple lockup mechanism but is really tight both vertical and horizontal, opens quickly with a nice snick, too.

They're both at Gander Mtn for about 5 bucks more than online.

- OS

The folder looks like a great knife too, but needs a pocket clip.

It comes with a nylon belt carrier.

I don't use belt clip on folding knifes (or belt holsters), have taken them off the Cold Steel's I've carried.

Always carry in left rear pocket; knives fit perfectly against wallet and out side edge of pocket.

Been carrying the Gerber for a couple months now, put my Cold Steel Voyager aside for it.

- OS

I would really like to have one of these. I think they are great looking little knives. My local wal mart and other places never have them, though. I guess I could always buy onine.

Amazon has this knife for $19.31. Plus you can sign up for an Amazon Prime trial membership and get it second day for nothing. :)

The folder looks like a great knife too, but needs a pocket clip.

I looked at the folding version at Gander Mountain yesterday and the lack of a pocket clip was the only thing that kept it from coming home with me. I still may change my mind and get one, anyway.

Guest fourspdRAT

Mine arrived last week. I tend to agree with alot of Nutnfancy's reviews, but I don't see how he hates the grip on this knife. It's not the best grip, but I don't see how 550 cord would be any better. The rubber is very grippy and fits my hands pretty well. Even in the cord was woven extremely tight, all I see it doing it slowly loosening up and sliding. The sheath is pretty darn nice for $18 if you ask me.

I plan on sending mine off to a local racing shop that does hydrograpic printing and getting a gray/black/white urban camo treatment.

Mine arrived last week. I tend to agree with alot of Nutnfancy's reviews, but I don't see how he hates the grip on this knife. It's not the best grip, but I don't see how 550 cord would be any better. The rubber is very grippy and fits my hands pretty well. Even in the cord was woven extremely tight, all I see it doing it slowly loosening up and sliding. The sheath is pretty darn nice for $18 if you ask me.

Yeah, I bought it/them BECAUSE I liked the grip so much.

- OS

• 3 weeks later...