Ted Nugent Article

Guest SUNTZU

Guest SUNTZU
Getting my hands dirty, working the land and working up a good sweat has always turned me on. Plus, I am simply driven to be productive. It's how I was raised.

I started planting apple trees on my little Michigan farm many years ago. Special care was taken to plant the right species for optimal production and survival considerations. I found the best fertilizer for my area and protected the young trees with deer-proof fencing. With advice from longtime successful orchard operators, I made the extra effort to babysit my precious little saplings and coddled them year after year, season after season with tender loving care. With but a modicum of botanical research, my green thumb bloomed and in a few short years, voila, apples - big, red, juicy, crisp, ultra-yummy Michigan apples right from my own ground by my own hands.

That's how you do that.

We ate the freshest, most delicious apples you've ever tasted for many years to come. At a little fruit stand on our rural road, we sold the surplus apples that we wouldn't consume ourselves. Because we took such quality care to produce such a quality apple, people came from far and wide to purchase and enjoy them.

Apple production isn't cheap or easy. I had to buy land, pay the taxes and insurance, and buy the young trees and all the equipment necessary for planting and cultivating. I needed sprayers and bug killer, fertilizer, a tractor, fuel and wagon, apple crates and a walk-in cooler, sorting tables, a fruit stand and a sign, and all sorts of small orchard business supplies.

When the crops were bountiful, I could chip away on this agri-business investment, but in those years when weather wasn't my friend, I had to improvise, adapt and overcome.

Being the hopeless pragmatist and accountable sort of guy that I am, never did it enter my mind that I could spend during those lean years like I could during boom years. In fact, call me weird, but learning through trial and error, I figured early on that it would have been irresponsible if I were to fail to save a rainy day fund during those better years, knowing that ideal growing conditions cannot be guaranteed.

Read that again - no guarantees. I am not entitled to a paycheck if I don't produce. Unless, of course, I am a dependent, bloodsucking punk who expects others to cover for my ineptness. Savings are unemployment benefits for responsible people.

See Greece crumble under its own weight? That's what happens when you discard accountability and totally disregard the importance of apple quality, apple production and apple value. Or you could always burn down the orchard like Zimbabwe.

Literally. Ignorant goofballs. No bail out for you.

Spend like a gluttonous, spoiled brat with no consideration whatsoever for next year's crop, and you get a nation of denial-strangled idiots who have convinced themselves that their compensation has no connection to their productivity and sales success rate. Soulless.

Are you listening SEIU? AFL-CIO? Are you listening Fedzilla, you gluttonous, blind pig, you.

Write this down: Nobody has a right to a paycheck. Nobody has a right to work. What conscientious, honest people have is the will and drive and responsibility to work as hard as we possibly can so as to be as productive and quality conscious as we can be. The American Dream used to be based on excellence, not the whining, crybaby, entitlement orgy it has spiraled down to. Pathetic.

There will be those who read this and recoil in abject shock and horror, incapable of identifying the concepts of logic, rugged individualism, accountability and living within one's means. These basics of the American Dream are as foreign to some Americans as they are to pimps, whores, welfare brats and Greek union members who could care less whether their guaranteed pensions and unemployment payments are fair, realistic, sensible or even possible on any level. They have been trained, like so many mindless sheep, to simply expect this, no matter what. Crazy.

Wake up, America. When the well runs dry for lack of effort or intelligent planning, no productivity - no moola. Figure it out.

Article

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not be able to vote for him in any political race, but you can go see him play on 7/14 at the Wildhorse Saloon.

I'm sure the Wildhorse will be posted, assuming a veto override, but it will still be pretty sweet. Stranglehold!

I would love to see Ted run for office, he would be a breath of fresh air in DC.

I wish there were more of him.

Seen him iin concert three times IIRC, would love to see him in a small venue. But for some reason I doubt he will ever play around Knoxville.

Guest HvyMtl

No. Ted is NOT the man. He is a disgrace. He is a DRAFT DODGER.

Speaks well enough, but when his draft # came up, he quit bathing, and using the rest room, instead using his pants for a month, so when he showed for his appointment with the Draft Board, they gave him a deferment... Oh yeah, a "real" Patriot. Even used the 2-S Student Deferment, while he was actually on tour with his band, 300 shows a year...

So, no. He is a Draft Dodger, and abuser of the Draft Deferment. Went out to make huge loads of $, then used huge loads in his pants, so he did not have to serve his Country.

No vote from me...

Links:

News Hounds: Proof: Ted Nugent Is A Draft Dodger. Will Hannity Keep Defending Him?

Pensito Review

Opinion of some of the military on Ted Nugent:

Ted Nugent wet his pants to dodge the draft - Topic Powered by Social Strata

Speaks well enough, but when his draft # came up, he quit bathing, and using the rest room, instead using his pants for a month, so when he showed for his appointment with the Draft Board, they gave him a deferment... Oh yeah, a "real" Patriot. Even used the 2-S Student Deferment, while he was actually on tour with his band, 300 shows a year...

So, no. He is a Draft Dodger, and abuser of the Draft Deferment. Went out to make huge loads of $, then used huge loads in his pants, so he did not have to serve his Country.

No vote from me...

...and Ted has acknowledged less than proud moments in his past. My stance is, who cares what he did 40 years ago when he was young and retarded? I think he's much more beneficial as a pro-gun rock star than he would be as a 20 year old kid who got blown to smithereens in a war we weren't allowed to properly fight. I'm not defending draft-dodgers, but I think he's redeemed himself, if the crapping-in-his-pants-story is even true.

Edited by deerslayer
Guest HvyMtl

So, then all who draft dodge are "ok?" If they "make up for it" in some small way later?

I do like what he says, now. But he should have either served, or made more amends. Since he did not go, some other poor fellow, who was not thinking to draft dodge, served, and may have paid with his life. Not an easily forgivable thing in my book...

So, then all who draft dodge are "ok?" If they "make up for it" in some small way later?

I do like what he says, now. But he should have either served, or made more amends. Since he did not go, some other poor fellow, who was not thinking to draft dodge, served, and may have paid with his life. Not an easily forgivable thing in my book...

...and Ted has acknowledged less than proud moments in his past. My stance is, who cares what he did 40 years ago when he was young and retarded? I think he's much more beneficial as a pro-gun rock star than he would be as a 20 year old kid who got blown to smithereens in a war we weren't allowed to properly fight. I'm not defending draft-dodgers, but I think he's redeemed himself, if the crapping-in-his-pants-story is even true.

Guest Bluemax

I can't address the fact of whether Ted was a draft dodger or not because honestly I don't have enough information to voice an opinion. I do know that he goes out of his way to help young men injured in combat in many ways including hosting them at his ranch. I also believe that regardless of what may have happened in his past: that the Ted Nugent that exists in our world today is a patriot and loves his country. Everyone has a God given right to their opinion and I respect that and I hope you feel the same way when I voice mine.

Palin & Nugent 2012 :D:usa::):rock:

Guest Ae-35

I wouldn't vote for any draft-dodger, even for dogcatcher! What a disgrace it would be ( and a smack in the face for all Vet. vets) to have the pres. of the NRA , a DRAFT-DODGER!!!! Never happen !!!

Guest jackdm3

Let's throw in some gray matter. What if he was a "conscientious objector" and served his three years doing community service/counseling in exchange for fighting vs. leaving the country? :)

No vote from me...

Links:

News Hounds: Proof: Ted Nugent Is A Draft Dodger. Will Hannity Keep Defending Him?

Pensito Review

Opinion of some of the military on Ted Nugent:

Ted Nugent wet his pants to dodge the draft - Topic Powered by Social Strata

Ever done something incredibly stupid and morally wrong? Everyone has and everyone learns from their mistakes and blah blah blah. Who am I to condemn a man because of his past. I am far from perfect and even though I don't know you, I'm pretty sure you are too.

Guest 6.8 AR

So, if it's bad for Ted, it must have been bad for Bill Clinton? Not defending

Ted, if the article is true, but Clinton did essentially the same thing, didn't he?

Dodging the draft wasn't a good thing, but Ted's okay by me.

Also, consider Blumenthal in CT lying about his "Vietnam sevice." Is that not as bad? A politician fudging his service record to get elected. I'd cut Ted some slack.

I feel sorry for those who lie to build themselves up, with nothing to gain. Everybody knows someone who tells tall tales; he might be your best buddy whom you know is full of crap. The stories are fun and nobody gets hurt, so they're colorful. They only hurt themselves.

I feel less sorry for those like Ted who lied to protect themselves, and let others go to potentially be hurt or killed in their place. I'm not going to judge, since I've never been in the same spot, thank God, but those who've done so need to spend the rest of their lives doing good. IMHO, Ted needs to spend the rest of his days atoning for that decision.

Regarding Blumenthal, his service is something to be respected, but why would he go and disrespect his brothers in arms, and his service, by pretending to have done what he never did?

I have no idea whether one is worse than the other, and my instinct says draft-dodging is worse, but I guess Blumenthal bothers me more because I expect better from my elected officials than I do my rockstars.

Making a career on the backs of others who did more than you may be politically expedient, but it's still morally repugnant. The Corps deserves better than Blumenthal. Ted shouldn't even be germane to the conversation. Nobody is asking a geriatric guitarist to lead the country where She needs to go.