Restaurant carry Vetoed!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest friesepferd

so is he in town or did he just sign the veto paperwork and have them send it in today?

cuz that is pretty lame to old it. what a :D.

Well, lets get this thing overturned already!

Guest pws_smokeyjones

well if he vetoed it today, then the first official day MUST have been the 7th. Not sure how that can be, but it is what it is I suppose.

Guest stovepipe

He's the Gov where ever he goes, so can sign a doc where ever he is... I'm told is wasn't pre signed before he left, so maybe it was signed electronically? Doesn't matter, I guess. His reasoning for the veto is the same as before. He doesn't like the bill, so with an inevitable override, he delayed it as long as he could. - Same old song...

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Almost makes me wish the worm was running for office again so I could have SOME kind of recourse against him.

You knew it was coming. He's from New Jersey and still calls Shortsville, NY his hometown. He knows what's best for us backward gun owners. I'll be glad when he's out of office so he and his wife (who refuses to use his name) can move back up north and annoy people there.

JMHO

Guest pws_smokeyjones

the House of Reps has a floor session scheduled for Thursday so that will be the earliest they can vote to over ride. The Senate is not showing any full sessions on the calendar this week so who knows, I suppose it will be next week before they will have a chance to over ride.

Guest stovepipe

Both houses have 24 hours to respond to the veto. Should be back on the floor next week with the votes to override.

What kind of spineless weasel has to run and hide his face in China while the veto is being served? Stand up Governor, you're embarrassing!

It's one thing to stand on one's principles, it's another to moon someone from halfway across the globe.

Time for the legislature to remind him that he is wrong, again.

Okay, it is official - I now despise Bredesen. Had he vetoed earlier, I would not have been pleased but it wouldn't have shown the same amount of disrespect toward the voters who want this bill as these actions show. Maybe he'll contract some kind of uncurable wasting disease while abroad.

What kind of spineless weasel has to run and hide his face in China while the veto is being served? Stand up Governor, you're embarrassing!

It's one thing to stand on one's principles, it's another to moon someone from halfway across the globe.

Time for the legislature to remind him that he is wrong, again.

The same spineless weasel that sold out local input for education by taking Federal Race To The Top funds.

Gutless.

Guest david_g17
Okay, it is official - I now despise Bredesen. Had he vetoed earlier, I would not have been pleased but it wouldn't have shown the same amount of disrespect toward the voters who want this bill as these actions show. Maybe he'll contract some kind of uncurable wasting disease while abroad.

I agree. The purpose of the 10 day period is to make sure nothing gets passed without his knowledge. With the advent of instant communication, it's superfluous, and he's just taking advantage of a loophole.

I just sent the following email to both Rep. Matlock and Sen. McNally. I probably said a little more than needed re: Bredesen but I am pretty ticked, right now. I did try to keep the tone respectful, though.

I am writing to respectfully ask that you commit your vote to overriding the Governor's veto of SB3012 which would allow valid handgun carry permit holders to legally carry firearms where alcohol is served as long as the establishment isn't posted to prohibit carry and the HCP holder does not consume alcohol while carrying. I was very disappointed that similar legislation was overturned last year and would like to see such legislation in place, once again.

I, for one, am outraged at the way Governor Bredesen handled today's veto of this legislation. I realize that use of the veto power is the Governor's prerogative but this legislation has been on his desk for nearly two weeks. I have no doubt that the Governor knew that he intended to veto this legislation and to have waited until virtually the last minute, while he is out of the country, appears to me to have been a planned and intentional affront to the General Assembly as well as the many law abiding HCP holders who would like to see this legislation in place. Please do your part to ensure that his petty actions go unrewarded by overturning this veto.