I am in love with this shotgun

dkd83

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't say that, i mean how much do we really know about the AA12?

IMHO the following items put it well above the Saiga.

1. Capable of full auto mode - 300 rounds/min
  2. Fires from an open bolt - (the best way to keep an auto cool in sustained firing.)
  3. Better recoil absorbing system
  4. Uses stainless steel construction

While there maybe more, these alone are reason enough to rate the AA-12 over the Saiga. With that being said, we can buy a Saiga but not the AA-12. :drool:

Edited by Trekbike
IMHO the following items put it well above the Saiga.

1. Capable of full auto mode - 300 rounds/min
  2. Fires from an open bolt - (the best way to keep an auto cool in sustained firing.)
  3. Better recoil absorbing system
  4. Uses stainless steel construction

While there maybe more, these alone are reason enough to rate the AA-12 over the Saiga. With that being said, we can buy a Saiga but not the AA-12. :)

1. Saiga 12's can be made fully auto. There are plenty of videos on youtube. A fully auto Saiga 12 also has a higher firing rate if that's what floats your boat.

2. Firing from an open bolt keeps autos cool, but closed bolt keeps them clean. Neither gun can fire enough rounds, or would need to, to take advantage of open bolt construction.

3. This is true. It should be mentioned that, with the addition of a brake and a cheap recoil buffer, the recoil can be made very manageable

4. This is also true, however, the reliability of the Saiga 12 is on par with a top quality AK-47 and the reliability of the AA-12 has yet to be seen so the point is all but moot.

Other things to consider:

5. The Saiga 12 can fire 3in magnum shells whereas the AA-12 only fires 2-3/4.

6. The Saiga 12 can have a folding stock, whereas the AA-12's recoil system demands a non-folding one similar to an AR.

The AA-12 also dates back to 1985, can fire pretty much ANY 2-3/4 12ga shells without adjustment, has a 20rd drum, straight-line recoil, has excellent ergonomics, and was never anything but a limited-production weapon. IIRC only about 50 were ever built.

Comparing a Saiga with the AA-12 is like comparing an AK with an M-240.

The AA-12 also dates back to 1985, can fire pretty much ANY 2-3/4 12ga shells without adjustment, has a 20rd drum, straight-line recoil, has excellent ergonomics, and was never anything but a limited-production weapon. IIRC only about 50 were ever built.

Comparing a Saiga with the AA-12 is like comparing an AK with an M-240.

Not to be a white knight for Saiga, but the Saiga 12 has all of that except for the straight-line recoil and the limited production. They actually make a 30rd drum for the Saiga 12.

Has the Saiga 12?

The saiga 12 has seen action with police forces around the world, a lot of them were used recently in the Kyrgyzstan riots in might have taken some lives. I'm not gonna say one shotgun is better then the other but i will say they are at least equally matched.

The AA-12 has a recoil system similar to the KRISS submachine gun, straight back with relatively little felt in the shoulder.

Be realistic about it, why would a full auto 12ga. shotgun even be practical? isnt 1-2 rounds PLENTY? Im not saying its pointless, be I cant see where it would be the more useful than a typical semi-auto shotgun or a M4 or AK-47. If 1-2 rounds doesnt take care of the threat, you need a larger round.

Now I could see the usefulness of the AA-12 in semi-auto or 2-3 round burst because of the ability to keep on target easier because of minimal muzzle rise.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I have an AA-12.... In one of my custom classes on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 :)

Edit: Didn't see the two posts above.. I have in it MW2 with my sniper class... AA12 - OWNS

Edited by Glock23ForMe
The AA-12 has a recoil system similar to the KRISS submachine gun, straight back with relatively little felt in the shoulder.

Be realistic about it, why would a full auto 12ga. shotgun even be practical? isnt 1-2 rounds PLENTY? Im not saying its pointless, be I cant see where it would be the more useful than a typical semi-auto shotgun or a M4 or AK-47. If 1-2 rounds doesnt take care of the threat, you need a larger round.

Now I could see the usefulness of the AA-12 in semi-auto or 2-3 round burst because of the ability to keep on target easier because of minimal muzzle rise.

The answer of course, is the 3 round burst.

nice cannons ;-D

Me I have a Saiga 12...and now that I got the kinks worked out(the Russian SF/Police ones I hear dont require the same fine tuning)...its awesome...the AA12 is also awesome in its own right, but combat wise the Saiga is actually used, the AA12...well...maybe one of these years, but so far no dice except in video game land.