WTF? at Knoxville Expo Center gunshow

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ADAM
. I also checked about keeping your ammo it is theft of proprety Irelayed this to the head secuity guard wearing captians bars he started screaming bring it on and grabed my arm what a jerk

this is why they say no loaded mags and no loose ammo because c***suckers like this guy. your a very patient man ,I would have went to jail.

Guest Glock23ForMe
this is why they say no loaded mags and no loose ammo because c***suckers like this guy. your a very patient man ,I would have went to jail.

+1

I would have been in the next cell over.

Guest Straight Shooter

I have literally HATED gunshows for years now...dont see me ever going to another.

The gunshop I do most of my dealings with always beats everbody anywhere anyway. But, many years ago, the shows I went to were great, I always looked forward to them weeks ahead of time. I wouldnt go to one now if you drove me to it and paid my way. I can get beef jerky and S&W knives @ WalMart. Cheaper too.

Yall involved keep us posted on the outcome,please.

Last year was the first time I ever attended a gun show. My first was one of the RK shows at Chilhowee Park. I didn't know that HCP holders weren't supposed to carry inside the show and I had my little P3AT in my pocket. When I saw officers just inside the door checking firearms and putting zip ties through them, etc. I thought, "Uh oh." Not wanting to risk trouble, I asked about it. The officer cleared the weapon and asked if I had an HCP. I told him I did and he said, "Next time, just keep it in your pocket and don't say anything. This time, since you mentioned it, I have to take your ammo. You can have it back when you get ready to leave."

Well, he put the zip tie through my pistol and emptied my magazine. Sure enough, when I got ready to leave he gave my ammo back. I stopped just outside the front door, stepped over out of the path of foot traffic, cut the zip tie off, reloaded and went on my way.

Now, if I go to gunshows, I'll just leave my firearm in the car. I have just about sworn off of the RK shows, anyhow - seems like a waste of ten bucks just to go in and look at a bunch of stuff I either don't want, wouldn't have or can't afford. I'd just as soon drive on up to Bass Pro, not have to pay admission and just maybe find something (ammo, etc.) I want - probably for a better price than the gun show gougers want. I do still like going to some of the smaller (non-RK)gun shows, though.

It kind of sticks in my craw, though, when places that are looking to make money off of the fact I have firearms, partly to be able to practice my right to self defense, want to deny me that right while I am attending their event, shopping in their store, etc. I'd rather spend my money in places that respect my rights and the fact that I am carrying legally.

Edited by JAB
And if they stick up a sign saying your forfeit any baseball caps when you enter? Or how about you'll forfeit your children if you walk in with them?

They could put a sign up that says you may b*tch slap random people for fun, but that won't stop you from catching an assault charge.

A sign is a sign. It can be made from paper, plastic, metal, or cheese, but it won't change what is law.

You don't want ammo in there, tell people that they have to take it back to their car or leave for good. Charge them with criminal trespassing if they refuse to go. Sign or no sign, it's theft of property.

Yep..... what he said.

I have literally HATED gunshows for years now...dont see me ever going to another.

The gunshop I do most of my dealings with always beats everbody anywhere anyway. But, many years ago, the shows I went to were great, I always looked forward to them weeks ahead of time. I wouldnt go to one now if you drove me to it and paid my way. I can get beef jerky and S&W knives @ WalMart. Cheaper too.

Yall involved keep us posted on the outcome,please.

Wow, lot of something there. I see guns priced fairly, ammo for a fair price now, doodads and geegaws that I like to have ( for example where else can I find a little rubber cover for the open end of my M1 mags?)

And I saw no jerky dealer there. But I like jerky. Knives are nice to look at and handle, according to my close friend a knife guy the prices we looked at were fair.

The officer cleared the weapon and asked if I had an HCP. I told him I did and he said, "Next time, just keep it in your pocket and don't say anything.

This is true, a motto to live by.

I had a good experience at this show. I am sad to see that so many others didn't.

I am with you Troy. A bunch of us go all the time, we have a lot of fun.

And wihout fail they are entertaining.

I do not mind paying 9 bucks for admission to something that interests me and that I enjoy. Movies, ballgames, concerts all cost money too.

Guest Bluemax

Man I wished I had gone back Sunday !!!

dlm37015..your awesome..all I can say is well played, At the risk of sounding nosey, did you enter with a loaded clip or just ask the white haired guy about it ??? He and I have had a couple of run ins as Oh Shoot mentioned. Details Please ??

Mike,Troy, I'm with you guys, I enjoy the shows for a number of reasons and a couple of guys with insecurity issues ain't gonna keep me away. As a matter of fact, screwing with them may actually may make it more enjoyable :P:rofl::devil:

Guest rockytop
Last year was the first time I ever attended a gun show. My first was one of the RK shows at Chilhowee Park. I didn't know that HCP holders weren't supposed to carry inside the show and I had my little P3AT in my pocket. When I saw officers just inside the door checking firearms and putting zip ties through them, etc. I thought, "Uh oh." Not wanting to risk trouble, I asked about it. The officer cleared the weapon and asked if I had an HCP. I told him I did and he said, "Next time, just keep it in your pocket and don't say anything. This time, since you mentioned it, I have to take your ammo. You can have it back when you get ready to leave."

Another vote for concealed carry.

Guest Rockman
I had a good experience at this show. I am sad to see that so many others didn't.

I was also disappointed to learn that several people did not have a good experience at this show. HOWEVER, I was delighted to find a couple of S&W revolvers at really good prices.

Guest DeadEye

The person to test and get this straight would be Kwik, maybe he will test it after he gets his HCP back early next moth!

I don't know about the rest of you but I personally don't want to see K.......U stir into anything that has to do with my attending a gun show.

I know there's a lot to put up with when attending one of these shows, wherever it is and whoever put's it on. What we need to be thankful of is that they still exist under the administration we have today.

I realize it's just as easy to sit behind a keyboard and mouse and buy from gunbroker or other gun site's till your heart's content but I've picked up information at a gun show I could NEVER pick up online. Yeah you have to wade through occasional aisle's of beef jerky/cheap knockoff knives/and the stun gun bzzzzz bzzzzz guys, but after a while I just tune them out anyway. Plus I've ran across stuff that hasn't been made in years and your lucky to find one online let alone at a show.

Nothing worth a Da*n comes without a little bit of a struggle. The OP for this thread experienced a situation with an A**HOLE trying to abuse his role. It just happen to be at a gun show in this instance.

I went to the show and had a good experience. I even purchased a gun at a pawn shop on my way to the show just to make a sale or trade on it. I saw the NO LOADED OR LOOSE AMMUNITION signs everywhere, got my gun checked at the door and had a good time. Then I went home with a nicer gun than I arrived with. See you at Chilhowee.