GT Distributors

Guest Grout

Can TN residents purchase from them?

yes but handguns have to be transferred to a Tn dealer.If I'm not mistaken they use Quick Cash Pawn Shop just up the road on Rossville Blvd.

yes but handguns have to be transferred to a Tn dealer.If I'm not mistaken they use Quick Cash Pawn Shop just up the road on Rossville Blvd.

I was there about 2 weeks, they have a clear visible sign at the handgun counter that informs TN residents the name of the transfer shop, I don't remember the name, but I don't think its Quick Cash, but I could be mistaken.   Not sure how long it takes for them to physically transfer the gun.

Edited by Runco

I was there about 2 weeks, they have a clear visible sign at the handgun counter that informs TN residents the name of the transfer shop, I don't remember the name, but I don't think its Quick Cash, but I could be mistaken. Not sure how long it takes for them to physically transfer the gun.

It is Quick Cash and it only takes a 5minute drive and a 5 min TCIS check before you carry the gun home. The $25 transfer covers the $10 Check, and you make up for the rest of the $15 by cheaper GA taxes.

I was there about 2 weeks, they have a clear visible sign at the handgun counter that informs TN residents the name of the transfer shop, I don't remember the name, but I don't think its Quick Cash, but I could be mistaken.   Not sure how long it takes for them to physically transfer the gun.

I've purchased several handguns from them (TN resident), They send a guy down to the pawn shop with you within a few minutes. My last purchase was an LE G19 (3 mags) brand new for $398.00 about a year ago.

I'm not a cop, but I've got an armed guard license and that qualifies for officer pricing.

Guest Brutnus

I've purchased several handguns from them (TN resident), They send a guy down to the pawn shop with you within a few minutes. My last purchase was an LE G19 (3 mags) brand new for $398.00 about a year ago.

I'm not a cop, but I've got an armed guard license and that qualifies for officer pricing.

So is your job a armed guard or do you just have the license? 

Guest Brutnus

I do act in that capacity as part of my job.

Thats awesome.

The reason i ask is every since the newtown shooting i have wanted to volunteer as a security guard for my local school but i didn't know what license/training that i needed to do. Is this the right license? if so what steps do i need to do to obtain it?

Thanks 

I don't know about requirements for the local school, are they looking for licensed volunteers?

I train for a contract security organization, so I don't train individuals, but getting a license is pretty straightforward.

Go to the TN Dept of Commerce & Insurance, Private Protection Division and scroll through the list of trainers for one in your area. You will take a class and shoot an EASY qualification score on the range. The trainer will provide you with the paperwork you will need. Send it - along with your app fee, fingerprints, passport photos and statement regarding any and all arrests EVER - then give it 6 weeks or so. Unlike an UNarmed guard, you cannot work on an application.

In TN, the license belongs to the individual, not the security company.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...

My experience. Purchased Blue label Glock 34.5 and 26.5 in the past year. I’m a TN resident. They have a desk in the store on the TN side of the state line. I walked out of the store that day with both firearms. 
They also have Red Glocks that the sell to anyone. I am not LEO but able to purchase blue label via GSSF membership. 

Guest BCR#1

I was in there 2 weeks a go buying a new belt for my EDC holster and saw that they are mighty proud of their used long gun prices.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, et45 said:

Bought a 43X there Friday morning,great people 

I was there friday morning, probably saw you. Lol. A lady and her daughter came in and ordered a 43x while I was standing there. 

On 6/14/2020 at 12:56 AM, One1 said:

I was there friday morning, probably saw you. Lol. A lady and her daughter came in and ordered a 43x while I was standing there. 

Probably so lol.They only had the night sight Blue Label 43x.I took advantage of the annual DD214 Blue Label program.The girl who helped me said they couldn’t keep them in stock.I was going to get the stock sight version and put black Warren Tacticals on it but I really liked the front night sight. I will still put a Warren Tactical rear on it as my older eyes love the .160 wide notch.

• Like 1