Chattanooga Sign

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't carry anymore and do my job.

Not only the parks are posted, dozens of restaurants that were not a couple of years ago are now posted. Customers I call on now have their property posted.

I have less "rights" and permissions since all this brouha about enhancing my right to carry. Why should I even have a permit if all I can do is carry on my personal time?

We have lost much more than we have gained.

/debbie downer signing off

You have not been at Hamilton Place lately.

The majority of the sit-down restaurants are posted.

I don't believe that I saw one that has alcohol on the menu that was not posted.

I am not talking bars here, these are restaurants.

What a great sign! All the criminals will heed, and not take any weapons here, creating a wonderful safe zone!

Of course we know the real reason for the sign. It's called "covering your a.." Now all the council members can say of a shooting..."It's none of my fault! We put up the sign! We told those criminals to stay out of there!"

when chester frost, etc are around here and not under that homo umbrella.
Cheaster Frost and Booker T are both state parks and thats where I go to relax.

I could have sworn Chester Frost has "no firearms" signs (I was there 2 weekends ago). Maybe they are old signs? :D

What a great sign! All the criminals will heed, and not take any weapons here, creating a wonderful safe zone!

We know that it worked a few weeks ago in Coolidge park when a some thugs got together and gun fire rang out.

This was one of the most useless TN laws that was passed - allow carry in all parks - but allow any\all to opt out if desired.

We know that it worked a few weeks ago in Coolidge park when a some thugs got together and gun fire rang out.

This was one of the most useless TN laws that was passed - allow carry in all parks - but allow any\all to opt out if desired.

Now they've made it much easier than that for ANY place to opt out.

At least cities/counties had to make the effort to put up large conforming signs instead of a small generic decal.

- OS

It would not surprise me to see a suit similar to what occurred last year, only aimed a different direction. There is sufficient disparity in signage requirements across the spectrum of applications to be confusing at the least.

If you are going to eat the whole beef, easier to take in one bite at the time.

Its hard to keep up with the different laws and reading long threads trying to keep up. But my questions I guess is you need verbage of the code 39-17-.... for some things and sometimes a gun in a circle with a slash is OK. I probably should maybe ask more questions when I read through the forum, so here we go.

Its hard to keep up with the different laws and reading long threads trying to keep up. But my questions I guess is you need verbage of the code 39-17-.... for some things and sometimes a gun in a circle with a slash is OK. I probably should maybe ask more questions when I read through the forum, so here we go.

It's really easy now. Anything with the words or just the circle slash is a no-go. I think it's the proverbial two forward one back. I just hope the next to forward address this.

To clarify, right now, signage is covered in two different statutes:

-------------------

39-17-1311 (Public Parks and etc)

Signage is prescribed as to minimum size and exact wording that must be included:

"Each chief administrator of public recreational property shall display in prominent locations about the public recreational property a sign, at least six inches (6²) high and fourteen inches (14²) wide, stating:

MISDEMEANOR. STATE LAW PRESCRIBES A MAXIMUM PENALTY OF ELEVEN (11) MONTHS AND TWENTY-NINE (29) DAYS AND A FINE NOT TO EXCEED TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($2,500) FOR CARRYING WEAPONS ON OR IN PUBLIC RECREATIONAL PROPERTY."

-------------------

39-17-1359. Prohibition at certain meetings

Which probably after this week, will only need the international no gun image, or some "substantially similar" wording to areas mentioned in the statute. Although no minimum size is specified for either.

- OS

It's really easy now. Anything with the words or just the circle slash is a no-go. I think it's the proverbial two forward one back. I just hope the next to forward address this.

Well not now, but after the veto of SB3012 is overridden.

Also as OS pointed out, signs are covered under different statutes depending on the place.