SOG knives

I am wanting to get a good pocket knife. I don't have a real purpose for the knife, but just want one to carry. I get 40% off SOG knives. Does anyone have any experience with those? They have a ton of models. I like the looks of the Flash.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Love my SOG knives. That's my first go-to brand when I need (read: want -- cuz the SOGs I have are still kickin') a new blade. Have a Flash II that has been carried almost religiously and can't say enough good things about it. Lightning fast. Built like a tank. And SOG reliability / customer service kicks ass.

You can't go wrong with any of their blades... especially with your 40% discount. :D

Just keep an eye on eBay... reputable sellers on there sometimes have smoking deals... might even be cheaper than your discount if you can catch them.

Guest SUNTZU

SOG is good equipment. Look at the Visionary. I have the Flash 2 and the Twitch as well. The only thing I don't like on the Flash and the Twitch is the safety. Not a fan of safeties on a pocket knife. I agree with VK and Crimsonaudio...hell, all the posts above mine.

I have 6 of them from the Flash to the Trident . I dont like the safety but i love these knives ! The price is reasonable and they are great quality,try their sharpener it also works great on all knives.:eek:

My favorite group of knives. Excellent quality, and top notch customer service. Though some of their designs are a little out there, most are very attractive, and all that I own are very functional. Not enough good things to say about 'em.

• 2 weeks later...
I love my Trident

does your lock (arc or whatever sog calls it) move freely when the blade is down and has a little movement when its up until it unlocks the blade? If mines not defective and everyones does that, then thats the only thing I dislike about it.

does your lock (arc or whatever sog calls it) move freely when the blade is down and has a little movement when its up until it unlocks the blade? If mines not defective and everyones does that, then thats the only thing I dislike about it.

My Flash II does that too. I guessing they all do it.

Guest Bronker
Great company, great knives. I often give them as gifts to friends and family...

Aren't we friends, my favorite Cousin Crim?:)

Guest fourspdRAT

Yes, that's normal, unfortunatly. I still need to find a way to glue the safety. Every now and then I will pull it out of my pocket and the safety has somehow engaged. I'd rather that not happen if I were to need it quickly.

Guest Caveman

I love SOG. My EDC is the Vision and I bought my finacee the Vulcan mini. I also love the arc lock, I have had no problems it. I agree with Suntzu, I would stay away from SOG's that have the safety mechanism on them.

A friend of mine just gave me a Twitch II and I really love this knife. i was wondering about the S.A.T. opening and if it is legal. Can any of you knife experts tell me about this. Just wondering.

h

Yeah, my Sog Aegis Tanto has the safety and it's just and on/off flick that prevents the blade from deploying when engaged. Easy to use, intuitive.

Yes, that's normal, unfortunatly. I still need to find a way to glue the safety. Every now and then I will pull it out of my pocket and the safety has somehow engaged. I'd rather that not happen if I were to need it quickly.

I superglued the safety in the off position on my Twitch XL years ago.

I have the Aegis Tanto, and I love it. It felt a bit too big at first, but I have gotten used to it. It clips well in my pocket, but is easy to remove. I kept losing my old knife because the clip kept getting caught on stuff and pulling it out of my pocket.

I also have the Seal Pup, but I have never used it. It sits in my BOB in my truck. It sure is pretty though.