RUGER SR9c

tmck

I have been on 4 gun shops waiting lists for over 4 months for a Ruger SR9c.

No body seems to know anything about when the pistol will be available in West TN.

Does anybody know anything. :koolaid:

Thanks,

TMCK

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw one at the Outpost Armory on Saturday. I stopped in there to get a holster for my SR9C and used their gun to test fit a couple holsters.

They had it marked at 459.00, a little higher than I had seen at other places, but atleast they have one.

BTW, if you get one, check out holster that fit Glock 26 and H&K USP Compact 9/40.

I shot mine for the first time this weekend. My buddy and I ran 100 round of WWB through it with zero malfunctions. It shot very well and recoil was very light compared to the Glock 26. I am very happy so far. I got another 100 round of blazer to run though it this week.

Guest Sgt. Joe

You may can try Brandon @ Direct Hit Guns and Ammo in Jackson. Tell him Joe told ya about him.;) I am reading into your location that you are not that far from Jackson.

731-736-1939

He had one a week or so ago and said he was going to keep them on hand. I dont remember what he wanted for it though. Being a new and small store he dont keep a huge inventory but has been known to get stuff quick if someone wants it.

Good Luck.....I LOVE mine.:D

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? if so what's your opinion?

shot about 200 rounds thought it so far,no problems what so ever,excellent gun IMO pretty much like a glock but not as ugly......USA made......

Adjustable grips too

Edited by SonnyCrockett
shot about 200 rounds thought it so far,no problems what so ever,excellent gun IMO pretty much like a glock but not as ugly......USA made......

Adjustable grips too

Thanks for the update. My have to add this to my want list.

Anyone had problems with the SR9c cam block retention pins floating out when firing?

Will only come out about half way, and will reset with a push, but it is a little unsettling.

Otherwise mine is a dream to shoot. Easy reliable trigger, and dead on accurate. No hangups or FTF or FTE problems. ;)

Anyone had problems with the SR9c cam block retention pins floating out when firing?

Will only come out about half way, and will reset with a push, but it is a little unsettling.

Otherwise mine is a dream to shoot. Easy reliable trigger, and dead on accurate. No hangups or FTF or FTE problems. ;)

Not yet, but will watch for it. Did you remove your pins during disassembly? I have only field stripped mine. Just wondering if taking them out makes them prone to shooting loose.

First time I noticed it Whisky I had not disassembled it past field stripping.

I did remove the pin and reinsert it afterwards, but still did it again. .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sgt. Joe

Otherwise mine is a dream to shoot. Easy reliable trigger, and dead on accurate. No hangups or FTF or FTE problems. :lol:

YES....The first time I fired mine it kept coming out. I sent it back to Ruger and turn around time was about 8 days IIRC. I would call them and sent that gun back in. They will replace the whole lower without changing your original serial #.

I nearly had a stroke when it happened to me as the gun was bought just a few weeks after it was released. There is NO WAY that yours will ever stop doing that until you send it in as it seems the hole was drilled a slight bit too large.

It is obviously your call but I would send it back to be repaired.

Guest Straight Shooter

YES on the pin coming out. On Memorial Day, a couple friends and I had a hell of a good day shooting. My friends SR9 is a good gun, I like it, we had been shooting the fool out of it. At the VERY end of the day, his last shots, looked down on the bench and they lay a pin. Up until now, I didnt know this was a common problem.

He is a member here, but in case he misses this, Im gonna tell him.

As for my impressions of the gun, again, I like it. I was hitting clay targets at about 25 yards one handed. It is easily concealable, carries a lot of rounds.

Sgt. Joe- if I may ask, what was your total out of pocket expense? Shipping?

How is it now?

Aslo..Capbyrd...I coulda swore Ive seen OD Green Sr9's somewhere, Im almost sure of it. Ill post here or buzz you by PM if I see anymore.

Guest Sgt. Joe
YES on the pin coming out. On Memorial Day, a couple friends and I had a hell of a good day shooting. My friends SR9 is a good gun, I like it, we had been shooting the fool out of it. At the VERY end of the day, his last shots, looked down on the bench and they lay a pin. Up until now, I didnt know this was a common problem.

He is a member here, but in case he misses this, Im gonna tell him.

As for my impressions of the gun, again, I like it. I was hitting clay targets at about 25 yards one handed. It is easily concealable, carries a lot of rounds.

Sgt. Joe- if I may ask, what was your total out of pocket expense? Shipping?

How is it now?

Aslo..Capbyrd...I coulda swore Ive seen OD Green Sr9's somewhere, Im almost sure of it. Ill post here or buzz you by PM if I see anymore.

Nothing, I actually took mine back to where I had bought it as it was only like two days after I bought it when I noticed it, the store sent it back for me but the lady at Ruger whom with I had already spoken with said they would send me a mailing label to ship it free. I also got a free mag for my troubles but I did have to ask, and promised I would not tell;)

This is a trip as up until today I thought I was the only one with the problem. Also I have PM'ed JMB in case he does not see this thread.

Ruger's CS was excellent IMO, just the normal PITA to send a new gun back and have to wait for it. I HAVE NOT had the problem since and have sent at least 1000 down range with it since I got it back.

I advise you to tell your friend and also have told JMB the guns should be sent back, while there are two pins, the one coming out could cause the cam block to shift and cause a major JAM....that to me would be a bigger PITA than sending it back.

Also I am talking an SR9c.....I have not seen them in OD green. The full size SR9 does come in OD as I have that very gun also. The "c" is just available in stainless over black and all black as far as I know.

I am going to guess your friend has the "c" version, while it stands for compact the gun is in no way a compact size IMO. I'm only guessing that because I have never at all heard of that problem with the regular SR9.

At any rate a retaining pin coming out is a darn good reason to send it back IMO, I would hate to have one fail in time of need and I carry one or the other every day.

Good Luck and Stay Safe:)

Guest Sgt. Joe
No worries friend. I think I might just end up getting a full size model. Even if I was using a compact, I would want the full size grip length.

Hey Cap just FYI and you probably already know but the "c' version is only 5/8 inch shorter in barrel length than the SR9. Like I said it is not what I would call a compact gun.

When it is used with either the 10 round mag+pinky extension OR with the 17 round mag and slip over mag extension it is the very same grip length as the SR9.

Using the 10 round mag with the flat bottom it is again 5/8 inch shorter than the full size. Ruger says 3/4 but I really believe and measure it a tad less.

I like them both just fine,:lol: American made, good price and good capacity and other than the pin thing on the "c" no other problems from them at all.

Also I was at Direct Hit again the other day and they had one of both, the SR9 was in fact the OD version, It was my friends and I know it was only taken to the range once and fired about 100 rounds. The "c" they had was new.

Guest Straight Shooter

Sgt. Joe-

We were shooting the full size gun, I called my bud and double checked. And, the pin actually fell out as he layed the down on the table after firing. Good thing he saw it before it rolled to the ground! I told him about the posts here ,and he said he was gonna return his like you did. Good to hear about the good CS, and free mag, maybe my friend can get hooked up too! Thank you all for the info!!