Cold steel closeouts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cold steel has there Recon 1 on closeout two for 60 bucks and other goodies on sale also. The recon 1 is a decent knife for 30 bucks...

Yeah, I was tempted, but no plain blade clip point available.

Some nice cheap machetes, too.

- OS

I had to jump on that.Although, I don't really need two. If someone wants to take one of the two I got I might let one go. I got a spear point and Tanto. Both serrated. I'd always wanted a Recon 1 and couldn't pass up $30!.

I had to jump on that.Although, I don't really need two. If someone wants to take one of the two I got I might let one go. I got a spear point and Tanto. Both serrated. I'd always wanted a Recon 1 and couldn't pass up $30!.

Ill split that with you if you want.

Guest Grunion
Damn! And my girlfriend ordered me one of the new Recon1's not long ago. According to UPS, I should have it Wednesday.

Those are some sweet deals.

If someone wants to go in 1/2's, I'll take a Recon1 Tanto, 50/50 blade.

PM sent.

Guest Bronker
Damn! And my girlfriend ordered me one of the new Recon1's not long ago. According to UPS, I should have it Wednesday.

I'll take the same knife, Tanto 50/50 blade. Wanna go halves?

Holla. Also my wife is getting ready to start your logo.

Want to order these, and I'll meet you in HV when they come in?

I've got a tanto and spear point coming Wednesday as well! I couldn't pass up $30 for a Recon 1, even if it is the older design. I'm gonna keep one and jtluttrel' s going to slpit the other with me .... unless I decide to keep both!:rolleyes:

I've got a tanto and spear point coming Wednesday as well! I couldn't pass up $30 for a Recon 1, even if it is the older design. I'm gonna keep one and jtluttrel' s going to slpit the other with me .... unless I decide to keep both!:rolleyes:

Yeah, Recon is a fine knife; carried it for a good while, then switched to lighter weight Voyager. I think I'll wait and pick up a new model Voyager whenever they ship. They have the handle reshaped like the new Recon.

- OS

Yeah, Recon is a fine knife; carried it for a good while, then switched to lighter weight Voyager. I think I'll wait and pick up a new model Voyager whenever they ship. They have the handle reshaped like the new Recon.

- OS

How is the weight on them? I know they are full size knives, but some carry better than others. My Gerber Covert is over 4 oz. but carries pretty light. It rides low on the clip, which makes a difference. Are the Recon's better in a holster on the belt or in the pocket?

How is the weight on them? I know they are full size knives, but some carry better than others. My Gerber Covert is over 4 oz. but carries pretty light. It rides low on the clip, which makes a difference. Are the Recon's better in a holster on the belt or in the pocket?

I don't use a clip - tuck in corner of back left pocket, ride upright against wallet, hinge side down.

Took clips off both the Recon1 and the Voyager.

Actually currently carrying Gerber Profile folder, no clip on it to begin with.

- OS

edit: Recon: 6.4 oz, Voyager 4": 3.5 oz on my digital scale

Edited by OhShoot
I'll take the same knife, Tanto 50/50 blade. Wanna go halves?

Holla. Also my wife is getting ready to start your logo.

Want to order these, and I'll meet you in HV when they come in?

I got a PM from another member before I saw your post. I'm a little bummed because they were sold out of the Tano blades, so I had to settle for a clip point. If some wants to trade a tanto blade for a clip blade, shoot me a PM.

Well my spear point and clip point came in today. Nice knives seem to be well made and extreamly sharp. The G-10 handles may need a little sandpaper treatment though. Anybody know what size torx this takes to remove to pocket clip to swap sides? Wow just checked the coldsteel website and they are all sold out that was fast.

Edited by TNrifleman
...The G-10 handles may need a little sandpaper treatment though. ...

They will smooth out some from just carrying and handling.

'Course, I carried mine in pocket with no clip, so it may have gotten worn down quicker than if you use the clip, dunno.

I finally found a torx that fit the clip, dunno what size it was, really smaller than any that seem to come with normal sets, and now can't find it again.

- OS

Well my spear point and clip point came in today. Nice knives seem to be well made and extreamly sharp. The G-10 handles may need a little sandpaper treatment though. Anybody know what size torx this takes to remove to pocket clip to swap sides? Wow just checked the coldsteel website and they are all sold out that was fast.

How long did it take? they told me 7 to 10 days.

Guest Bronker
Just got mine today. Tanto 1/2 and spear 1/2. If jluttrel doesn't want one, I'd divvy them up with someone.

I will take whichever one he don't want, Smith. If he changes his mind, that is. For me, I'd prefer the Tanto.

I ordered Sunday evening, and they called me Monday to tell me that the tanto points were sold out.

Torx might be a #8.

I ordered Monday and they didnt tell me that, it was shipped the next day, I hope he got it right when I ordered, he sounded in a hurry but I always make them repeat order, amount and thier name.