Tactical Mossberg 500

Guest EYEMAN

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EYEMAN
Very nice my friend! What pistol grip is that?

Thanks! If you are referring to the forend grip, it came from Tactical4U(on Ebay)

Guest EYEMAN
Does that side saddle not get in the way?

No, my hand clears it easily when on the grip and my cheek is well behind it with the stock extended.

Guest EYEMAN
How do you reach the thumb safety while maintaining a firing grip?

Yes, it is an issue with any full pistol grip on a shotgun, but one that is easily dealt with.

Guest rabidrhino
Yes, it is an issue with any full pistol grip on a shotgun, but one that is easily dealt with.

Especially on a Mossy. I the liked the collapsible stock on my 590, but not being able to reach the safety was such a pain that I eventually changed back. Personally, I shot better without the pistol grip also. Though the collapsible stock was convenient for when my wife wanted to shoot.

I would think that an 870 would be easier but have yet to try it.

Guest EYEMAN
Especially on a Mossy. I the liked the collapsible stock on my 590, but not being able to reach the safety was such a pain that I eventually changed back. Personally, I shot better without the pistol grip also. Though the collapsible stock was convenient for when my wife wanted to shoot.

I would think that an 870 would be easier but have yet to try it.

The safety on the trigger guard of the 870 would no doubt be better. I have an 870, but I had two 500s and an extra barrel to cut to 18 1/4", so needless to say my logical choice for the modification was the 500.

Guest EYEMAN
Does that stock dig into your shoulder when firing? Looks like an odd angle...

Hi, I moved from Shelby Co. in Bartlett 17 years ago to the Smoky Mountains.

I have just finished the tranformation of this 12 Ga. and I haven't had the time to try it out, but it seems to fit quite well at just short of full extension. With the laser, it might not be fired from the shoulder under certain conditions anyway.

When I set up my 500 with a Mesa Adapter ( Ar-15 stocks and grips)

I just switched out a Maverick 88 trigger group and use that safety which is a cross block in the front trigger guard where my trigger finger rests prior to moving to the trigger to fire... very quick to use once you get some time in with it.. add in a 28" barrel and we are great for Turkey season.. note the safety button forward of trigger in the guard..left the Tang in place to seal the hole in receiver, fitted it to actually work with new trigger guard

This pic was first setup 18" with hand guard and shell holders both sides,... rainy days and tools make for some funny combos

Copyofm500action.jpg

John

Edited by LngRngShtr
Guest rabidrhino

Very slick LngRngShter, can you point me to any information about the trigger group swap? Also, do you now have two working safeties?

Here's my Mossberg model 500AT 12 ga. I purchased it a few years ago from an ex fed. officer & the only mod I added was the light mount. I'm thinking about adding a tactical folding stock for those heavy 3" mag rounds. They hurt my hand with just the pistol grip. :rolleyes:

010.jpg

013.jpg