Walther PK380 Reviews

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Randy

My son has one. Fits the hand like a glove, very accurate, light weight compared to my P99c Walther, did have one problem: the safety lever broke in half and feel out while shooting after about 400 rounds. Walther fixed the gun and had it returned in one week which was nice. Have talked to others that own this gun and they have not had problems, it may have been defective part out of 1000 who knows. I have been carrying it as my EDC for the last few days, I forget i have it some times. May break down and get one myself when his permit arrives in about 3 weeks. Just wish 380 ammo was not so rare.

My dad wanted one of these really bad, but we kept seeing bad reviews. Instead he got a Bersa Thunder 380 "Plus" which you would be hard-pressed to find a bad review of. Also, the "Plus" is cool because it has a double stack magazine and holds, I think ,15 rounds.

My bil has a Pk and really is fond of it. But with the size of 9mm, 40, and even 45's getting to the PPK/Pk range, why go with the 380? I'm not criticizing you or the cartridge, I still have a 380 Browning BDA. I'm just curious about your choice.

Guest Sgt. Joe

I have both the PPK (my first HG) and the PK.

I really like them both but they are like day and night. The PPK is all metal and heavier but will still tend to bite the webbing of my hand after awhile at the range, and I feel it is too heavy for pocket carry. It was my EDC when it was all I had.

The PK is a whole different animal, it is a polymer gun and thus much lighter yet bigger in frame than the PPK, it fits well and feels good in my hands but I think it is too big for pocket carry rather than too heavy.

The PK holds 8 while most 380's are 6 or 7 so I like that part too. Even being lighter than the PPK it only has about the same kick as a .22, very very light IMO. I have not had any issues with it at all and think for the money it is well worth it. I have shot just about every brand of ammo on the shelves thru it to include range re-loads with NO problems.

The one thing I do not like is that it comes with a little tool that you need to break it down, that is a bit of a PITA to me but it will fit on your key chain so ya wont lose it.

And again I am reminded to order another one for mine:rolleyes:

But neither is as sweet as my Sig 238, the PK is about half the price though and as I said I feel it is worth the asking price and is very comfortable to shoot.

If you get a .380, why not a LCP? I found the LCP I owned to be very accurate and fun to shoot with the additional bonus of being extremely lightweight and thin. The trigger is really quite good, on par with a Smith J-frame IMHO. I just didn't want to spring for the ammo.

If you're looking for a fun gun to shoot, get the P22 or something in 9mm. A P99 or PPS if you want to stick with a Walther. These will be much easier and cheaper to feed with equal or superior thrills to the PK380.

The LCP is geared for a very different market, it is a sub-compact. The Walther is not, very different set of features. 6 vs 8 rounds, quality of sights, trigger, slide lock on last round, ambidextrous everywhere, single action option, tactical rail............

The LCP is geared for a very different market, it is a sub-compact. The Walther is not, very different set of features. 6 vs 8 rounds, quality of sights, trigger, slide lock on last round, ambidextrous everywhere, single action option, tactical rail............

I think my point was that .380 is a specialized round for something easily concealable. If you want a pistol with all the doodads, there are many more out there with the same features but are cheaper to shoot. Like the P22. Or almost anything in 9mm.

I've owned a Walther PPK/S, a Colt Mustang +II, a Bersa 380 and a Walther PK 380 the only one I still have is the PK 380. It's a fun gun to shoot and fits my hand better then the others. Also its almost a twin to the Walther P22 I have, so most of my range time is with the P22 and cheap .22 LR ammo.