My thread compleatly dissappeared/ Deleted??

I posted an article from the Baltimore Sun earlier titled "Off-Duty Officer Fatally Shoots Unarmed Marine" The post met the TOS and wasn't cop bashing. But is now gone, the cp isn't even showing I ever even posted it. I know I did because it had several comments already one of the comments was even from a Mod??? I was going to update it because the state is now considering charges. I have had threads pulled in the past, and from what I recall a mod usually sends me a note as to why. Whats up Guys?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Straight Shooter

Daniel-

Do you have TGO Davids permission to delete threads that YOU deem negative to the LEO community?

That post was in no way anti-cop. I would appreciate an answer.

No one had a problem with bashin Serpas a while back. No threads deleted, no hands slapped and no mouth washings with soap. Those WERE bashing a LEO, and he didn't unload a weapon off duty at a bar kill someone and then refuse to take an alcohol test.

ITS NEWS.

One guy- One story- he just happens to be a LEO.

Not all LEO's, just one.

Truck driver shoots 3......

Oh No! Can't post this news story b/c we're bashing all people in transport business!

Mods- Please delete all evidence of news articles where a trucker does something negative!

:drama:

Vacation time for me???

Guest bkelm18
:drama: Threads like these brighten my day. But as has been said, this isn't your house, so you don't make the rules. I highly doubt Daniel became a Super Moderator by doing things David didn't like or allow.
Guest friesepferd

ya. may not completely agree with davids approach on the subject, but no complaints here. like said above, its his playground and we play by his rules. if ya dont like it, there are plenty of other gun forums out there, or make ur own. being a monitor is a ton of work.

I am just curious if maybe simply locking the post wouldn't have been a better way to go. It is possible that some people didn't read the news story and only would have heard about it here. It was a tragedy that a member of the armed forces was killed simply for talking to a female. I know there may have been more to the story but there are only two people who know the truth and one of them is dead. I didn't know about it until I heard about it here.

Did the original poster of the article get a PM stating that the thread would be locked?

No one had a problem with bashin Serpas a while back. No threads deleted, no hands slapped and no mouth washings with soap. Those WERE bashing a LEO, and he didn't unload a weapon off duty at a bar kill someone and then refuse to take an alcohol test.

ITS NEWS.

One guy- One story- he just happens to be a LEO.

Not all LEO's, just one.

Truck driver shoots 3......

Oh No! Can't post this news story b/c we're bashing all people in transport business!

Mods- Please delete all evidence of news articles where a trucker does something negative!

:drama:

Vacation time for me???

Do you really want to push this?

I would suggest checking out Rule 1 of the Code of Conduct before you answer.

Wow.

LEO bashing is one thing, and I in NO WAY agree with it, but censoring a completely legit piece of news, - Thats just disappointing.

+1 for the quote above, but just as property owner has the right to post. TGO David has the right to control the board.

holy crap guys....

Years ago I told my daughter.. The front door get's bolted by 2am. If your not home by then, find somewhere else to sleep. Don't like that, move out!

It's simple.. follow the rules (like em or not) or go somewhere else.

Guest Boogieman
holy crap guys....

Years ago I told my daughter.. The front door get's bolted by 2am. If your not home by then, find somewhere else to sleep. Don't like that, move out!

It's simple.. follow the rules (like em or not) or go somewhere else.

+1

• Administrator
Daniel-

Do you have TGO Davids permission to delete threads that YOU deem negative to the LEO community?

That post was in no way anti-cop. I would appreciate an answer.

I deleted the post and yes the moderators do have the authority to delete these things in accordance with my statement made HERE...

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tn-gun-owners-announcements/22008-regarding-anti-law-enforcement-cop-bashing-late.html#post531895

• Administrator

Just another thought...

People apparently forget the fact that one of our rules for participating is that you don't argue with the moderators publicly. Doing that is subversive and will earn you a vacation from this site.

Going a step further, people who join the pile-up in threads that shouldn't even exist -- like this one -- and contribute fuel to the fire stand a good chance of sharing their fate simply because I don't like anarchy.

If you think one of our policies is out of line, you are welcome to ask me about it privately.