I agree with what was done.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie
You act like David was a Nazi about this. He gave it plenty of time before action was taken. I really don't see the issue here.

That's because you don't have a soap box you wanna stand on. :rolleyes:

J.

Guest Sgt. Joe
I agree with what was done as well after seeing the thread a little while ago. TMMT was posting quite a bit of threads every day on the same subject and it was apparent what his intentions were with these threads. A good bit of them resulted in members getting banned, or at the very least had to involve moderators warning someone, and alot of those threads had to be closed in the end. It may just be me, but common sense would tell me that if this was taking place in threads that I kept starting, maybe I should stop posting threads on this subject. The way I see it he was given warnings on several occasions and continued to push the limits with what he was posting, so he basically gave David no other choice. It gets old after a while seeing people jump into threads like that to bash LEO's simply because that is the type of thread it is. In alot of them, especially the one in question, I personally think the officers are in the right to do what was done.

Thank you MCSCOTT for saving me all that typing;) Nuff said about that. I also agree with you about the situation with your GF, I too would feel much better about her saftey after such an encounter.

I may have missed the discussion last night but while you guys were talking about Pancakes and Bacon I was eating such:p I've done taught the 14 yr old to be quite the pancake maker:).

Pancake Recipe

Tell kid.. "Mom nor I feel like cooking tonight go make pancakes, bacon and eggs for dinner"....

Watch kids smile....

Sit back on butt, wait to be served.:rolleyes:

Honest and humble questions:

1. In the future, how do we know where constructive discussion ends and bashing begins?

2. For the people who sign up tomorrow, who missed all these similar arguments, how will they avoid creating new ban-worthy cop-topics? I didn't see these warnings in the beginning, so I learned trial-by-fire while wasting mod time.

My understanding of things....

1. You don't know...that is why no negative threads are allowed to start so you don't have to know where the line is.

2. There are warnings before a ban is issued.

Don't have to be hit in the head - trying to point out that separate is not equal and special certainly isn't equal either.

David's world - good on it. He wants to give special treatment to one group of people fine. I don't have to agree with it I just want you to understand that special is what got this country into the mess that it is in and we are perpetuating it here.

Personally I don't see it as any group getting special treatment. There are other groups that get similar treatment such as the situation I mentioned, and I don't see it as "special treatment" at all. It's simply a manner in which to limit certain types of discussions here to non offensive, adult conversation. I agree that some folks are overly sensitive to certain comments and should just be able to read them and ignore them, but at the same time these comments should not be directed at those that are risking their lives for our protection. How would you feel about someone posting threads that always lead to the bashing of the soldiers of this country? Personally that kind of thing would more than piss me off, and shouldn't be tolerated either. So how is that any different?

If I come on here and start saying that lawyers suck and they should all be fired would I get the same treatment?

We have lawyers that are vendors on this board. Do they get special treatment too?

If you had an occasional rant, I'm sure no one would notice. However, if you scoured the internet looking for every negative article involving a lawyer and rushed here to post it, and you did such 2 or 3 times a day (sometimes more), you'd get some warnings I'm sure. And if it continued, you'd likely get the axe. This is David's world, but I'm willing to bet that's the way it'd be.

Personally I don't see it as any group getting special treatment. There are other groups that get similar treatment such as the situation I mentioned, and I don't see it as "special treatment" at all. It's simply a manner in which to limit certain types of discussions here to non offensive, adult conversation. I agree that some folks are overly sensitive to certain comments and should just be able to read them and ignore them, but at the same time these comments should not be directed at those that are risking their lives for our protection. How would you feel about someone posting threads that always lead to the bashing of the soldiers of this country? Personally that kind of thing would more than piss me off, and shouldn't be tolerated either. So how is that any different?

Why should soldiers who commit atrocities and disgrace their uniform get a pass too? I was a member of the armed forces and it would enrage me to see them get special treatment if they did something wrong.

As long as the individual are directing comments towards the individuals memorialized in the new article there should be no reason for another to get upset.

If I said all LEO's suck and should be fired then I could understand why someone would take offense. If I state that the officer in question should be under investigation for not following procedure no one should take offense.

Same goes for military, lawyers, politicians, doctors, nurses, teachers etc.

And if the ban ax comes out so be it.

Guest Bronker
I just read this entire thread from start to finish. My eyes burn and now I want some pancakes.

pancakes-syrup.jpg

As you wish, sire...;)

I have an idea...let's all take turns being "Mega-Moderator" for a day, with full ban-hammer authority.

I'll take tomorrow.

There will be no 'next day' for most of you turds!:):D:D:D

Guest Jamie

And if the ban ax comes out so be it.

Brian, it's probably a good thing TGO David doesn't have the same sadistic sense of humor I have... 'Cause at this point in the game, I'd ban you just because I could. And laugh every time I thought about it.

Why am I telling you this? Because I think you need to get a grip on how the world really works, and what yours or anybody else's actions can bring on.

And that's really all this whole thread is about; TMMT's actions, and what he brought on himself.

Anyway... Like what has been done, I'm done as well.

I'll check back later and see if this thread has a big fat lock on it, or if it's even still here.

J.

I have an idea...let's all take turns being "Mega-Moderator" for a day, with full ban-hammer authority.

I'll take tomorrow.

There will be no 'next day' for most of you turds!:):D:D:D

I knew this day would come. That's why I buttered you up with Glock goodies... ;)

Brian, it's probably a good thing TGO David doesn't have the same sadistic sense of humor I have... 'Cause at this point in the game, I'd ban you just because I could. And laugh every time I thought about it.

Why am I telling you this? Because I think you need to get a grip on how the world really works, and what yours or anybody else's actions can bring on.

And that's really all this whole thread is about; TMMT's actions, and what he brought on himself.

Anyway... Like what has been done, I'm done as well.

I'll check back later and see if this thread has a big fat lock on it, or if it's even still here.

J.

I am aware of how the real world works. Special privileges, rights, treatment is given to some people and the others have to pay for it.

Was one person out of line? Maybe.

Did they post several topics regarding the abuse of power by a group of individuals sworn to uphold and protect the law? Maybe.

Did they get warned? Maybe.

Is it David's right? Sure.

Do I have to agree with it? No.

Do I support his right to do what he did? I think I stated that I supported the fact that it is his rules and we have to abide by them. I am only asking that he question that rule and re-think it a little.

This would go for ANY profession and not just law enforcement.

Guys, let it GO!

we're all aware that some people feel adversely about David's decision.

Well and good.

Hell, I don't like the idea that you have to be a paying member to post adds in the trading post but you don't hear me bitching about it.

the bottom line is that everyone has a slightly or often widely different world view.

and LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

If the policies of this board become too much then there is a great big internet out there waiting for you to find another forum to post your views.

If you notice, I've posted NO NAMES. I'm not damning anyone specifically but simply saying that there are times to fight and times to maintain your composure and just get along with folks.

This is one of those places and one of those times.

The fact that I personally also disagree with this decision STILL holds no bearing on the reality of the situation.

;)

STOP it! :)

Guest stmccann
And it could also be argued that letting people run off at the mouth when what they really need is to be told to sit down, shut up, and quit causing trouble, is what got this country into the mess it's in... ;)

J.

OR it could be argued that when people were told to sit down, shut up, and quit causing trouble, that they DID what they were told, and THAT is what caused the country to be in the mess it's in.

Non-violent Civil disobedience - I believe it is the best way to make a change to what many consider injustices.

Off topic. Sorry.

Be safe,

Sean

Guest TargetShooter84

Wow...my head hurts from reading all this about pancakes.

I have noticed TMMT's actions and have disapproved it but what am I to say? Can't really say anything because I'm afraid I'll get banned for telling him to shut up so I just let it go its course.

Also, just another note on David's actions - I'm a Moderator on a auto forum similar to this but nationwide version and we deal with this kind of stuff on a everyday basis and I often end up locking threads when it gets out of control with a PM sent to the offending member warning him that first time is a warning, 2nd time is a temporary ban (one week), and if the offender still continues, the third time is permanent ban, no exceptions, that is what we all moderators agreed on and will abide by that agreement. Since 2008, we've banned 3 members permanently on the auto forum site I belong to but we have given alot of warnings and have done few temporary bans and it seems to be the most effective way to make the offenders straighten up, but we know that is not always the case for everybody.

I see nothing wrong with what David did since I know what its like to have to deal with that kind of stuff on a daily basis.

David - Totally respect your decision there and I support you 100% on that.

OR it could be argued that when people were told to sit down, shut up, and quit causing trouble, that they DID what they were told, and THAT is what caused the country to be in the mess it's in.

Non-violent Civil disobedience - I believe it is the best way to make a change to what many consider injustices.

Off topic. Sorry.

Be safe,

Sean

Best argument I have seen. Rise up - Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war...

Guest bkelm18

Off topic. Sorry.

Be safe,

Sean

Yes. Somebody try that here and we'll see how that lasts. ;) This thread is ridiculous.

Guest Sgt. Joe
ok i just read all of this and i am wondering why there is talk of tmmt and rules and crap when clearly the subject of importance is clearly PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND BACON

You're Welcome:)

Guest db99wj
Guys, let it GO!

we're all aware that some people feel adversely about David's decision.

Well and good.

Hell, I don't like the idea that you have to be a paying member to post adds in the trading post but you don't hear me bitching about it.

the bottom line is that everyone has a slightly or often widely different world view.

and LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

If the policies of this board become too much then there is a great big internet out there waiting for you to find another forum to post your views.

If you notice, I've posted NO NAMES. I'm not damning anyone specifically but simply saying that there are times to fight and times to maintain your composure and just get along with folks.

This is one of those places and one of those times.

The fact that I personally also disagree with this decision STILL holds no bearing on the reality of the situation.

;)

STOP it! :)

Who asked you, get back up your tower!

Oh, by the way, I was inspecting a property today and one of the tallest ones in Memphis (Bartlett), was across the street.. Damn those things are tall!

How ya been, you haven't been around in awhile?