Paracord Braiding

Guest Risky Ruger

Guest Risky Ruger

Anyone familiar with any websites on paracord braiding? I recently made some things and was curious what other options I could do with this stuff.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, stupid question for the day:

Where is a good, local source (local to the Knoxville, TN area) to get paracord? And is it always labelled as 'paracord' or is it sometimes called something else? Finally, is there a certain type or grade of paracord I should look for?

I don't have any specific projects in mind. I would just like to have some around for general usage. Of course, if I had some around, I might not be able to resist the urge to start trying to braid it/make stuff out of it.

Don't know of a local place, but I just bought some on ebay. Seems like I got about 100' for about $9. It's not cheap.

I cut it in half, and put half in my BOB, and may try braiding with the rest. I did a few knots I found online the other night and discovered it's not as easy as I thought. Getting those knots all neat and snugged up is tough.

If there is a local option to Knoxville, I'd love to hear about it too.

• 1 month later...
Guest mikedwood
Okay, stupid question for the day:

Where is a good, local source (local to the Knoxville, TN area) to get paracord? And is it always labelled as 'paracord' or is it sometimes called something else? Finally, is there a certain type or grade of paracord I should look for?

I don't have any specific projects in mind. I would just like to have some around for general usage. Of course, if I had some around, I might not be able to resist the urge to start trying to braid it/make stuff out of it.

Greene Military: had some last time I was there. They are off I75/40 near the Papermill exit

Cherokee Military Surplus

Cherokee Military Surplus - Google Maps

Never been here but I think I need to check it out. They are off Broadway.

Also there is a military surplus off Alcoa Highway. Can't remember the name but the guy that owns and runs it is helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

I know a guy who did the simple square braid, and ran a bead of super glue down it on all 4 sides....you then have a very stiff tool that fits on your key ring and wont set off a metal detector, I wouldnt advise flying with it or carrying with the intent to go armed...but he flies all the time and has learned to properly use a kubaton.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Appalachian

Glad I found this thread, I picked up 4 bundles of cord at the local flea mkt. for $8, guess'n thers about 50ish feet to the bundle, I was hope'n to find a thread that teaches how to braid it up, good deal.

• 2 weeks later...