Noob from East TN.

Hello all. Thought I should pop in and introduce myself. I am Robert living in the East TN. area. Pretty new to the site and have mainly been lurking in the Classified section. As of yet the wife and I are not gun owners but due to the increasing craziness of increased Violent Home Invasions we are looking to arm ourselves and our home.

For myself I have very minimal experience with fire arms and that is from eons ago. I am 50 now and have not fired a gun since 16/17 years old. Even then it was limited to just a very few models. My Uncles Colt .45 and 12g double barrel shot gun. Also the .22 bolt action rifle from my HS NJROTC days.

My wife is a pretty little lady with zero experience with guns.

If your interested I will be posting a few reviews of a few places that we have looked. Please keep in mind that these reviews will be that of a newbie to the world of fire arms. So you will get to read about the reactions of gun shops and pawn shops to a newbie. :)

I have been enjoying this forum so far. Thank You for providing a learning place TGO.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. RobertY, welcome from a fellow East Tennessean. I remember playing in the Pee-Wee football championship in Loudon, TN when I was 5. There was an A&W drive-in that served the best foot-long hot dog's I had had in my entire five year old life up Loudon way. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.