Latest Class III: Guesses on Wait Time

• 1 month later...
Guest moreland281
Just had a customer get back two suppressor stamps that went in and came back at the same time. Roughly three months and two weeks.

I wish that was mine.

Had one I mailed in several months ago and one I mailed in around november. Haven't heard anything on either yet. Still waiting ......

Guest moreland281
Did you call in and check on them since I talked to you and asked you to check with BATFE?

yep. They said I didn't send in enough finger print cards (They said I sent in 3 cards for 2 items so both were on hold- I know I sent in 4 of them) for a Form 1 and Form 4.

But I resent them them in 4 more cards so I'm hoping that will make them happy incase they misplaced the other 3 while waiting on the 4th LOL

So here is hoping in the next 30-45 days !!!

Purchased from Mike Montgomery at Class III Firearms in Brentwood on 10/13/10. Used a trust prepared by Chip Cain. Form 4 came back today 1/11/11. Picked up suppressor this afternoon and made some tracks in the snow tonight. Awesome. 90 days, including holidays.

Any idea how long it takes to get to pending status once the ATF receives the paperwork? Just send mine off today. And the wait begins....

I went and picked up my stamp and my new can last night! Sent it the first of November and it was approved Dec 15th. The only reason I knew it was approved was by calling the NFA hotline and checking. Apparently my stamp had been sitting at the shop for 3 effing weeks without my knowledge. I guess I should have been that pestering customer that checks everyday. Who knew it would only take 6 weeks. Oh well, this weekend should be fun!

Guest IceBreakerG
I went and picked up my stamp and my new can last night! Sent it the first of November and it was approved Dec 15th. The only reason I knew it was approved was by calling the NFA hotline and checking. Apparently my stamp had been sitting at the shop for 3 effing weeks without my knowledge. I guess I should have been that pestering customer that checks everyday. Who knew it would only take 6 weeks. Oh well, this weekend should be fun!

Do you have the number for the NFA hotline? I just took my Form 4 paperwork to the dealer yesterday to get it sent to the ATF, so I'm hoping I'll know something in the next couple of weeks.

Do you have the number for the NFA hotline? I just took my Form 4 paperwork to the dealer yesterday to get it sent to the ATF, so I'm hoping I'll know something in the next couple of weeks.

:shrug: This must be your first NFA item. ATF takes their sweet time on everything. Expect to wait a few months for your transfer to come through. This is the NFA branch phone number. (304) 616-4500

Guest moreland281
:) This must be your first NFA item. ATF takes their sweet time on everything. Expect to wait a few months for your transfer to come through. This is the NFA branch phone number. (304) 616-4500

thats positive thinking !! lol

Guest IceBreakerG
:) This must be your first NFA item. ATF takes their sweet time on everything. Expect to wait a few months for your transfer to come through. This is the NFA branch phone number. (304) 616-4500

This is actually my 2nd lol. But the first one was a couple of years ago. I'm hoping I'll get lucky though and it goes fast lol. Thanks for the number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the call from the guy I am getting my Scattergun Technologies (Nashville, TN) 11-87 SBS from. The tax stamp arrived today at his house. I sent it in the second or third week of November. Went pending 15 Dec 10. I had to fax in a new citizenship certification on 23 Jan 11, was approved 25 Jan 11.

About 2.5 months for a non-dealer transfer from one individual to another within the same state.

And that is with me being a FFL/SOT.

Go figure.

• 8 months later...

Sent in app 9/2/11 and went pending on 9/14/11. Just called and was told that the average time from pending to approval is now 5 months!!! Crazy. I got approval for another device this spring and only took 2 months for approval from pending time.

Are yall seeing it take 5 months now?

Just like everything else, call and ask.

But since you sent yours after the changeover, your examiner should be Lamberger.

The 5 month thing is just what they are telling everyone. Some of the examiners will still be much faster.

The National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association (NFATCA) just reported that average Form 4 processing time is now 5 months. With the limited number of examiners on staff, each examiner processes an average of 50 forms a day (9,600 a month).

Bottom line, please don't call if it hasn't been 5 or 6 months. Each call just delays their work.

The National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association (NFATCA) just reported that average Form 4 processing time is now 5 months. With the limited number of examiners on staff, each examiner processes an average of 50 forms a day (9,600 a month).

Bottom line, please don't call if it hasn't been 5 or 6 months. Each call just delays their work.

Please stop spreading rumors. Your calls will not delay anything. When you call, you talk to a person who's job is to answer phones. The examiners don't answer the phone when you call.

Not going to debate. Just reporting what the official trade organization for NFA weapons (dealers and collectors) recommends.

I'll let the board members make up their own mind on what causes delays.

If you have an interest in preserving the ownership of NFA weapons, I highly recommend membership.

NFATCA

Please stop spreading rumors. Your calls will not delay anything. When you call, you talk to a person who's job is to answer phones. The examiners don't answer the phone when you call.

+1

I called once a week the entire time I was pending. Almost always got the same person who looked up the status in their database. Mine came back in 96 days, hardly a delay.

Dolomite

Also, any of the NFA organizations or dealers are not going to support a repeal of the Hughes ammendment. They have so much money tied up in collections because of the price increases that if they did repeal it the dealers would be out a lot of money. I would love to be able to buy a brand new MG or convert my own but those in the NFA trade would lobby hard against it.

Dolomite