Latest Class III: Guesses on Wait Time

Delivery of my forms to the ATF was confirmed yesterday so I'll be next in line.

How long should it take to go pending? Check was cashed about 8 days ago. I have yet to call...just wondering.

Edited by samson7x

How long should it take to go pending? Check was cashed about 10 days ago. I have yet to call...just wondering.

Give it a month after your check is cashed. It generally goes pending about one month after the check is cashed. Before it goes pending they will have no record of the forms you sent in.

When it goes pending you can find out who the investigator is but now it should be standardized.

You will need your name and the serial number of the NFA item.

Dolomite

How long should it take to go pending? Check was cashed about 8 days ago. I have yet to call...just wondering.

What did you get?

And Dolomite is right. Have your name and the serial number. Your examiner is likely going to be Pickles.

Give it a month after your check is cashed. It generally goes pending about one month after the check is cashed. Before it goes pending they will have no record of the forms you sent in.

When it goes pending you can find out who the investigator is but now it should be standardized.

You will need your name and the serial number of the NFA item.

Dolomite

Ok thank you sir.

What did you get?

And Dolomite is right. Have your name and the serial number. Your examiner is likely going to be Pickles.

I went with the TiRant .45 to go on a host M&P. I may also fit a storm lake barrel on my 1911 later.

I'm actually an AR resident so I purchased the can at a central AR dealer. I guess the examiner you listed covers TN? Or do they cover larger regions?

Edited by samson7x

Mailed on Sept 9th

Went Pending on Sept 14th

Approved March 8th.

Right at 6 months for me to get the stamp. I wonder if they just sit on it for several months? If they are truly backlogged, the wait time would grow and not remain consistent.

Yea, I got an approval in 3 months early part of the year. I asked them in Sept about the wait times and was told they are short staffed. Back in Sept they told me it would be around 5 months. I called back at the beginning of the year and was told 6 months. It was almost 6 months to the day. There is no way short staffed workers can meet that type of time commitment especially considering the increase in submissions. Just very strange that now everyone is getting their stamps in 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 556or762

I have a Form 1 and Form 4 pending, sent them in September 18 they went pending Oct15th/24th and I am still waiting. I just wonder with the current administration if they might be slowing things down to discourage people from NFA items. It seems awfully strange to me that a money making branch is short staffed and money taking branches are not and how long should it really take to put your info into a computer system have a background check running and approve it then just put a stamp on a piece of paper and put it in the mail. I find it hard to believe I got my DOD Common Access card in less than a month for overseas base access but this takes 6. :stir:

I have a Form 1 and Form 4 pending, sent them in September 18 they went pending Oct15th/24th and I am still waiting. I just wonder with the current administration if they might be slowing things down to discourage people from NFA items. It seems awfully strange to me that a money making branch is short staffed and money taking branches are not and how long should it really take to put your info into a computer system have a background check running and approve it then just put a stamp on a piece of paper and put it in the mail. I find it hard to believe I got my DOD Common Access card in less than a month for overseas base access but this takes 6. :stir:

Wow, mine was given to me the same day they took my "current" picture.

I have spoken to someone in the tech branch about all of it. He said they have had several retire with no new hires to replace them. He also said the funding isn't there to hire more. He said if there was one thing to do it would be to call your reps and demand they increase funding.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

Delivery of my forms to the ATF was confirmed yesterday so I'll be next in line.

Forms/check delivered March 8. Went pending March 29. Will update in about 6 months when I get it, haha.

Edited by samson7x

Ill be mailing mine for the same can in about a week.

Sweet. Now I'm scouring the forums to figure out if I should build my own .300BLK Sbr or find a manufacturer that has one. I like the Phantom QD because it's designed to be compatible with my 5.56 with an AR QD flash hider. I shot the Titanium model from my dealer and it sounds great. A little worried about the weight, but in the end it came down to what he had in stock. The Titanium was not even gonna ship until October and then the wait started from there.

I'm picking mine up slightly used from an individual. The weight isn't an issue for me as it will be on an already heavy Ruger SR556. I'm also assembling a buddies 300blk upper soon and we will be using it on that as well.

Guest st33ve0

I just got my paperwork back last week for an individual to individual Form 4 transfer. I submitted the paperwork back in September which made this the longest I've had to wait on paperwork. Guess I've been lucky so far :)

• 2 weeks later...