rainy range report taurus pt 709

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

picked up a new stainless pt709 today. went strait to the range and didn't read the book or anything first :shrug:

shot about 40 rounds thru.

no trouble whatsoever. has very low recoil compared to my p-11 that is being replaced with by this. the pistol has adustable windage and elevation on the rear sight and even came with 2 tools, not just one for the adjustment I discovered after reading the book.

verdict. I really like it, easy to get accustomed to. cost was 410 at cca before taxes were added on.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

wanted to take some side by side pics to give a idea of the small size this pistol as many have likley seen and or held the keltec p-11 9mm double stack pistol IMG_2029-1.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

Guest JHatmaker

I've heard really good things about this pistol. Congrats on the purchase. I held one and really liked the way it felt in my hand.

Guest 1817ak47

it really doesn't have any more recoil than my full size bersa 9mm or my xd9 4" aka "service model".

I will say if someone wants a smaller pistol thisis a must to check out. supposedly according to the salespeople these are selling fast. not sure if that is true. but the same is with most car salesmen,

Glad to hear a good report on this pistol. Like others, I have considered one as a pocket backup. It may be time to retire my keltec P32.

My wife did exactly that after picking up a 709. She's very pleased with it.

Guest Gillespk

Does Taurus offer a clip for this like Keltec does so you do not need a holster? I have looked and did not see one, but thought I would ask.

Guest 1817ak47

the recoil is much less. almost like that of my xd9 and bersa 9mm, just a tady bit more. I was woundering to about if they hada clip. might have to email taurus about that and maybe they could start making

I traded for a used one and the previous owner claimed no FTF or FTE. I have fired several hundred rounds through it without a single hiccup. I ended up giving it to my mom and dad for home protection after taking them out to the range and getting them familiar with it. I have big hands, but didn't really notice the gun feeling small when shooting, but it is very small and convenient for carry. A holster is an absolute must...I would never carry a gun like this without a holster. Good gun...and I don't like plastic guns...but I have one and it's great. B