ANZIO 20MM

Guest Knightsr25

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Knightsr25
I know Anzio, Italy and 20mm caliber.

Want to help us out here with a link or something?

I wouldnt know how to add a link , you can search [ Anzio iron works ] if you just want to see one.

Guest Lester Weevils

The mousegunner scanned some old gun mag advertisements, including this one from 1963--

bigguns.gif

The ad copy is pretty funny, in a vintage mad-magazine fashion. If someone had purchased the 20mm Finnish Lahti Anti-tank rifle back then, would it have been grandfathered in by subsequent legislation, or what?

The Lahti looks especially convenient on snow days.

The ad copy is pretty funny, in a vintage mad-magazine fashion. If someone had purchased the 20mm Finnish Lahti Anti-tank rifle back then, would it have been grandfathered in by subsequent legislation, or what?

The Lahti looks especially convenient on snow days.

More weirdness about gun laws is required to answer that question. What makes that a Destructive Device is the caliber - 20mm. If you take the barrel off, it's no longer a Destructive Device, but just a simple Title 1 firearm. In 1968, if it was not registered in the amnesty, then is contraband with it's barrel, but not if it doesn't have the barrel.

Every now and again, these turn up that were not registered. Unlike a machine gun, you CAN register a new Destructive Device. Just acquire it without a barrel. Then register it on an ATF Form1, and when it is approved, acquire a barrel and install it.

These old Lahtis and Solothurns do not use the common Vulcan ammo, but rather a high-velocity belted round that is getting hard to find, 20x138B.

I had to transcribe it, for those who couldn't make out the tiny print.

Behold the awesomeness, and gain new understanding on why they're called "the good old days":

Sensational!
FINNISH LAHTI ANTI-TANK RIFLE!

One of the most remarkable weapons ever developed is this super-power Finnish 20MM Anti-tank rifle. Mounted on special sleds so you can drag it ANYWHERE in ANY weather! Power to spare for you "sure kill" hunters (always aim for an eye shot at that charging Rhino) yet something you can drag ANYWHERE! Why encumber yourself with a 200.00 deluxe sporter? Why be under-gunned? Get that man-eating Jack-rabbit with the first shot (or even near miss) with this incredibly accurate semi-auto. Comes in original custom wooden case, complete with accessories, extra magazines, etc.. FREE, at no extra charge. AMMO? Naturally Ye Old Hunter's got all you'll ever want for years on the range or in the field. Imagine, only 99c per round for a magnificent 20MM cartridge with super velocity 2130 grain bullet :rock:GUARANTEED to stop that charging woodchuck in his tracks.
(ed. note - take me now, Lord. I've seen it all.)

The ultimate pinnacle in big bore perfection and guaranteed in NRA good or better condition. Ideal for the sportsman, shooter, range fiend, collector, big bore fanatic, noise lunatic, and muzzle blast maniac. Don't settle for less.

THAT was great.

Guest Jeremey

I know someone who has one of those Finnish 20mm rifles, among a bunch of other really cool stuff. I asked where he shoots it and he said he has to go to east Tn somewhere. No where on this side of the state has a backstop suited for such calibers.