New layout

Guest Overtaker

• Administrator
I like it....of course change always takes some getting used to but its much easier actually. One question, are the personal identifier comin g back where you can see the NRA. military, LEo status of posters ?

Yep. Those are on the list. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Is there a drop down menu somewhere to select regular site or mobile site? The Jeep forum that has this software has that option which helps select the correct one. My iphone is somehow set to the regular view, and it is hard to read it. The mobile site would be easier. I would like to do a side by side comparison of the mobile version and the tapatalk version. So far the tapatalk version is great, it is super fast.

2nd thing I've noticed

The "My Profile" tab up top, the link appears to be broken:

Here's what I get:

Checking if a package is enabled for an invalid package '3' on line 392 in /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/vb/types.php

#0 /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/vb/router.php(503): vB_Types->packageEnabled('3')

#1 /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/vb/router.php(566): vB_Router::assertRoutes()

#2 /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/vb/route.php(231): vB_Router::getRouteSegmentFromClass('vBCms_Route_Lis...')

#3 /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/packages/vbcms/route/list.php(92): vB_Route->__construct()

#4 /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/member.php(567): vBCms_Route_List::getURL(Array)

#5 /home/tgoforum/public_html/forums/vbseo.php(1392): require('/home/tgoforum/...')

#6 {main}

Fatal error: Checking if a package is enabled for an invalid package '3' on line 392 in [path]/vb/types.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287

Edited by db99wj
Guest Glock23ForMe
Is there a drop down menu somewhere to select regular site or mobile site? The Jeep forum that has this software has that option which helps select the correct one. My iphone is somehow set to the regular view, and it is hard to read it. The mobile site would be easier. I would like to do a side by side comparison of the mobile version and the tapatalk version. So far the tapatalk version is great, it is super fast.

The "My Profile" tab up top, the link appears to be broken:

Here's what I get:

I got the same thing...

TGO-Oops.jpg

Guest Glock23ForMe
Anybody else seeing a white rectangle with a red X where the benefactor banner is supposed to be under the avatar?

David might be trying to fix it and can't get it to work right, and you just caught him trying to fix it.... IDK though.

Guest mn32768

The new layout looks pretty, but on a 1024 x 600 px netbook display the TGO banner and the sponsor banner take up 2/3 of the screen. Maybe the mobile version would work better if it was available.

After about an hour on the site tonight, it feels natural and normal. Looks really good.

I did notice that if I click "New Posts" at the top of the page, it shows me new posts, but it always says "Page 1 of 5" when I really have way more than 5 unread pages of posts.

Also, I am colorblind, and the colors of the icons that represent a forum that has unread posts or no unread posts, looks very similar to me. I can see a difference, but I have to look hard and concentrate. No biggie, just thought I'd mention it. Could just be my monitor too.

Excellent job, though!

• Administrator
The new layout looks pretty, but on a 1024 x 600 px netbook display the TGO banner and the sponsor banner take up 2/3 of the screen. Maybe the mobile version would work better if it was available.

Sorry... I just don't know that I want to design for 1024px when so many people are using devices that have higher resolutions. The mobile version IS available via Tapatalk.

Guest jackdm3

OK, I just discovered my favorite part: I don't have to wait 10 seconds between refreshing the main "New Posts" page. That, in a nut shell, is awesome!

I love it...The white on Black is easy on the eyes. Seems like a simpler UI. Good job.

+ 1 for me to. Thanks for taking the time to do all this hard work so we can have a better forum.

Kind regards and many thanks,

Leroy

WTF part looks like that??

All the pastels and circles and... cartoony looking things. It's ok... I'll get used to it. Remember, I'm the guy that likes a basic 1911 as opposed to a bells and whistles type? Functions are good; but they were with the old version, too.

Guest db99wj

Something I don't like, not sure if it can be done or not. I have the same issue on the other Jeep forum as well.

I know there is a quick navigation drop down at the bottom right of the last post, but I hate it. I would rather have the menu bar like the one at the top that has the little Home icon-> then Forum->, then General Interest->, then General Off-topic->, etc. The drop down has everything and it is cumbersome to go through the different titles to get to. As it is, I hit the "top" button, then select either Forum to see all or off topic, or whatever sub i'm in.