New layout

Guest Overtaker

Guest jackdm3
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6945

If so, I clicked the "All Types" box, used 'mega' as a keyword with "Search Titles Only" selected in the drop-down. Under additional options, I selected "A Year Ago" and "Newer" for the date range.

OK. I put everything in that you did, one by one. And it says it found all threads with 'Mega' in the title, and it only came up with one, called Bass Pro 9mm Remington/UMC Mega Box.

EDIT: OK, I just hit the link you found for me and it says, "What are you talking about?!" (not really)

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6945

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am having a hard time deciding on the usefulness of the "Current Discussions" panel (or pane, never can remember what those are called). Seems too post-centric as opposed to thread-centric. Maybe it's just me but it's really distracting and confusing. If you click on the thread title (which is underneath the post) you are taken to that specific post left to try to figure out where it is you are.

Click the >> icon near the top of the Current Discussions and it will collapse the whole column, and expand the main column.

• Administrator

Jack, give it a rest please. There may be a problem with the search index which means I will have to shut to forum down again next weekend for a few hours to fix it. Until that happens, you can probably search til your M3 falls off and you still won't find whatever it is you're looking for.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

Maybe there is a way to change the theme, if so I would prefer something that more closely resembles the old site. The new layout reminds me of those B.S. search results you get in google of meta sites and/or link-farms posing as forums.

Edited by TwoLaneBlackTop
  • Administrator
Maybe there is a way to change the theme, if so I would prefer something that more closely resembles the old site. The new layout reminds me of those B.S. search results you get in google of meta sites and/or link-farms posing as forums.

The old theme is history. Sorry, but we're not going back to it. I am working on a toned down version for workplaces, etc.

Guest jimdigriz

I haven't read through the whole thread, so maybe someone has mentioned this already. It would be more natural if the "Mark Forums Read" link was available toward the bottom of the page instead of (or in addition to) the top. Only after I've read the link titles all the way down do I want to mark the forums as read. But then I have to unnaturally return to the top to do it. The previous way was better.

Otherwise, everything looks and functions great.

Thanks.

Guest Glock23ForMe
It is. Same spot it was. Below "Authorized Vendors" and above "What's Going On." I don't even see it at the top.

OH MY GOODNESS! I have always went, one double-click at a time, down the line to click all of those.... Wow.