Obama administration to sue Arizona

Not defending them, because I think they should leave it alone. They're not worried about illegals. They're worried about citizens being harrassed because of racial profiling.

The bill forbids this and I believe if violated there is a stiff fine. Obama and company is using racial profiling as an excuse to oppose the law, that hasn't even taken effect yet.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They being the federal government? I don't think "they" are united in their disagreement. Some of them agree with the law. I think the "they" who are against the AZ law are looking for votes. I think this is perfectly clear since "they" are no longer trying to hide their actions.

Depends on who you're talking about. Sure, you have politicians being politicians. The ACLU is a different story. They're in it 'cause that's what they do. Like I said, they need to just leave it alone.

Each president recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

FAIL!

They being the federal government? I don't think "they" are united in their disagreement. Some of them agree with the law. I think the "they" who are against the AZ law are looking for votes. I think this is perfectly clear since "they" are no longer trying to hide their actions.

I think that "they" are trying to get as much crap legislation passed as they can before they get booted out of office and they're praying that they will be able to thwart the repeal of all the crap that they're passing.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Each president recites the following oath, in accordance with Article II, Section I of the U.S. Constitution:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

FAIL!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░░

░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█ ░░░░

░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░▀ ░░░▀░▀ ░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Guest 6.8 AR
Wrong people? The ones that aren't real Americans? Personally, I think the ones that put him in there will be the ones to put him out.

By 'wrong people' I meant the people who voted for

him that had no clue what he stood for, which was

a winning number, unfortunately. This isn't the first

time it's happened. Has nothing to do with being not

American. A lot of people voted for this man without

paying attention to what he stood for. It became

absurd this time. It has more to do with an uninformed

or uninterested voter.

Guest CrazyLincoln
I believe the feds are going to say that immigration law can only be federal and states have no jurisdiction.

That would be a poor argument if so. The Arizona law is not defining or altering federal immigration law, but rather how its officers should enforce the federal law. The enforcement entails transferring custody to federal agents, which is customary in any case where there is federal jurisdiction. I highly doubt you will find a court who wants to set a precedent that a state's LEOs cannot arrest those who violate federal law.

Is the Fed saying the AZ law is unConstitutional? If they are then WTF? Illegals are NOT protected by OUR Constitution so a law against them CANNOT be unConstitutional right? O has this country mired in :) and to be honest before coming to TGO I was a "go with the flow" type. No longer! Anyone have a link to where I can get e-mail and snail-mail addresses for state officials? Is high time that I put my firm grasp of the english language to work and bust some political chops.:D

Type in your zip code to find your congressman and senators contact info.

American Family Association - Action Alert

Take the poll, I did. 96% supported the law when I hit the button

MSNBC asks one question of you about the new Arizona immigration law. Please answer and pass this on to others so their voices may be heard, too. Thank you!

http://world-news.newsvine.com/_question/2010/05/12/4274124-do-you-support-arizonas-tough-new-law-on-illegal-immigration

Edited by mikegideon
Guest SUNTZU

Thanks. Voted.

And now, a question. I'm trying to figure out if there would be any far reaching repercussions of enforcing these laws like there have been with the Patriot Act. Anyone? Bueller?

It's not the thing that they would give much press to. I wonder where all the Obama

Scholars are? They must not be smart enough to see the question being posed on the

internet. Too busy ranting in front of the camera. Smart bunch.

Organizing for America | Scholars for Obama

It just it me... I got this link from the guys at Tribune in Chicago. They may have bombed the poll. They have the means (and the immaturity) to do it. :rolleyes: It will be interesting to see how long it stays up. 96% may be a little high :)

Over 1.3 million participants. We would all have to bang on the button for a while to see it move. Why wouldn't MSNBC report it? They kinda already are.

No they aren't and it is simple. It doesn't fit their agenda. They 100% pushed Obama's election and now can only loose what little credibility they have left with his demise. We are no longer in an age of domestic politics where we battle for ideas within the same realm of general understanding. We have entered full fledged into the world of ideology. It is the same struggle as in WWI, WWII, and the Cold War. The only difference is that now it is purely domestic.

I am reminded how we continue to get the leaders we have when there are those that voluntarily choose to close their eyes to the reality around them, simply to not be bothered with making difficult and hard decisions. Remember as Rome crumbled the mobs cheered in delirious oblivion at the Coliseums.

I find it interesting that you continually mitigate the Obama agenda while calling out conservative issues as over the top. Maybe next you can take up defending Carter's administration :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as a liberal conservative. Sooner or later they realize it's like calling themselves an atheist Christian.

Guest 6.8 AR

It will probably hover around 60-70 % after all is said and done. The

scientific polls are showing that. It may be a bit high.

No they aren't and it is simple. It doesn't fit their agenda. They 100% pushed Obama's election and now can only loose what little credibility they have left with his demise. We are no longer in an age of domestic politics where we battle for ideas within the same realm of general understanding. We have entered full fledged into the world of ideology. It is the same struggle as in WWI, WWII, and the Cold War. The only difference is that now it is purely domestic.

I am reminded how we continue to get the leaders we have when there are those that voluntarily choose to close their eyes to the reality around them, simply to not be bothered with making difficult and hard decisions. Remember as Rome crumbled the mobs cheered in delirious oblivion at the Coliseums.

I find it interesting that you continually mitigate the Obama agenda while calling out conservative issues as over the top. Maybe next you can take up defending Carter's administration :rolleyes:

There is no such thing as a liberal conservative. Sooner or later they realize it's like calling themselves an atheist Christian.

You need to lighten up. I'll stay out of these discussions from now on, just to make you happy.

Guest SUNTZU

FOXNews.com - Mexican Gangs Maintain Permanent Lookout Bases in Hills of Arizona

Mexican drug cartels have set up shop on American soil, maintaining lookout bases in strategic locations in the hills of southern Arizona from which their scouts can monitor every move made by law enforcement officials, federal agents tell Fox News.

The scouts are supplied by drivers who bring them food, water, batteries for radios -- all the items they need to stay in the wilderness for a long time.

Click here for more on this story from Adam Housley.

“To say that this area is out of control is an understatement," said an agent who patrols the area and asked not to be named. "We (federal border agents), as well as the Pima County Sheriff Office and the Bureau of Land Management, can attest to that.”

Much of the drug traffic originates in the Menagers Dam area, the Vekol Valley, Stanfield and around the Tohono O’odham Indian Reservation. It even follows a natural gas pipeline that runs from Mexico into Arizona.

In these areas, which are south and west of Tucson, sources said there are “cartel scouts galore” watching the movements of federal, state and local law enforcement, from the border all the way up to Interstate 8.

“Every night we’re getting beaten like a pinata at a birthday party by drug, alien smugglers," a second federal agent told Fox News by e-mail. "The danger is out there, with all the weapons being found coming northbound…. someone needs to know about this!”

The agents blame part of their plight on new policies from Washington, claiming it has put a majority of the U.S. agents on the border itself. One agent compared it to a short-yardage defense in football, explaining that once the smugglers and drug-runners break through the front line, they're home free.

“We are unable to work any traffic, because they have us forward deployed," the agent said. "We are unable to work the traffic coming out of the mountains. That traffic usually carries weapons and dope, too, again always using stolen vehicles.”

The Department of Homeland Security denies it has ordered any major change in operations or any sort of change in forward deployment.

“The Department of Homeland Security has dedicated unprecedented manpower, technology and infrastructure resources to the Southwest border over the course of the past 16 months," DHS spokesman Matt Chandler said. "Deployment of CBP/Border Patrol and ICE personnel to various locations throughout the Southwest border is based on actionable intelligence and operational need, not which elected official can yell the loudest.”

While agents in the area agree that southwest Arizona has been a trouble spot for more than a decade, many believe Washington and politicians “who come here for one-day visit” aren’t seeing the big picture.

They say the area has never been controlled and has suddenly gotten worse, with the cartels maintaining a strong presence on U.S. soil. More than ever, agents on the front lines are wearing tactical gear, including helmets, to protect themselves.

“More than 4,000 of these agents are deployed in Arizona," Chandler says. "The strategy to secure our nation’s borders is based on a 'defense in depth' philosophy, including the use of interior checkpoints, like the one on FR 85 outside Ajo, to interdict threats attempting to move from the border into the interior of our nation.”

Without placing direct fault on anyone, multiple agents told Fox that the situation is more dangerous for them than ever now that the cartels have such a strong position on the American side of the border.

They say morale is down among many who patrol the desolate area, and they worry that the situation won't change until an agent gets killed.