Anyone know someone at microtech?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you say busted what do you mean? I know of people Putting too much oil in the OTF knifes and keeping them from firing. I know several dealers and if you can not get any resolution PM me and I will see if one of them can help you out

Mike,

Have you by any chance put oil in the opening where the blade fires from? I have heard of several of the OTF malfunctioning from that Oil is usually the cause of a sluggish OTF, not the solution. Flushing them out usually works to restore their original function.

These things only require a tiny amount of lube such as Remoil. A single small drop on each side of the blade base, and a little under the slider is all.

Wipe off the excess on the blade after a couple cycles with a clean cloth.

Keep them clean and they'll be relatively problem free... hopefully this is the issue you are having with yours

They are hard to get a hold of,I was trying to have a knife for Microholics.org built 50 to 100 units. They were in the middle of moving from PA. to NC. I dont know if the order was not large enough for them or what the deal was but they did not return the call.

Good luck and let us know if you get in touch with them,I still may be interested in putting the deal together.

I've had issues with lint getting in mine from keeping it in my pocket. When this happens, the blade makes it 1/2 or 3/4 the way out before it stops. If you can get the blade to come all the way out by pulling on it, you can then use the button to pull it back in. From there, blow compressed air in the slot to blast out the junk.

Guest Jcochran88
Got ahold of them. Was basically told I was SOL. Lifetime warranty meant dick because I'm not LEO.

**** them and their knife.

So warranty is void if not a LEO? With spending that kind of money you would think that a company would stand behind their product.

In the last 10 years, I have sent 2 back for service, I had no problems whatsoever, having said that I was a resident of Florida and my Concealed weapon permit waived all of that LEO stuff. also If you have an Authorized dealer send it back they will warranty it

They are hard to get a hold of,I was trying to have a knife for Microholics.org built 50 to 100 units. They were in the middle of moving from PA. to NC. I dont know if the order was not large enough for them or what the deal was but they did not return the call.

Good luck and let us know if you get in touch with them,I still may be interested in putting the deal together.

Please let me know if you pursue this, I will definitely want one of the knives

• 2 weeks later...

The advice to go through an authorized dealer is best if you're not a Public Safety employee.

With spending that kind of money you would think that a company would stand behind their product.
Federal law puts restrictions on shipping to non-government employees so it may be less an issue of not supporting their products as it is avoiding any violation of 15 or 18 USC. Benchmade and many other switchblade manufacturers won't ship to non-government personnel because of this reason. Use a cooperative dealer who sells MT and you and MT won't have to worry about running afoul of the interstate commerce restrictions on switchblades. Edited by hso
Got ahold of them. Was basically told I was SOL. Lifetime warranty meant dick because I'm not LEO.

**** them and their knife.

Benchmade will tell you the same thing if you have problems with your AFO2, call and ask them if you doubt it as stated before there are Laws hindering your customer service issues, not the companies