opinions/experience Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps Stock

next upgrade im looking at for my 870 is a knoxx stock. does this really make that big of a difference in recoil? i really just want an adjustable stock and they make the NRS model for half the price, but if it's worth the money i'll fork out the extra for the knoxx system.

if anybody has any info or experience let me know! thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest drv2fst

i like the recoil reduction feature. I often shoot 12ga slugs and 00 buck shot from my 870. The knoxx stock make those much more enjoyable.

that's really strange that people are cutting their cheeks on these. i agree with the guy who said they need to extend out. there's no reason your cheek should be sitting where the "piston" recoils. i see blackhawk also makes a cheek rest with a shell holder, might get one of those too.

I ordered my knoxx stock yesterday, supposed to be here tomorrow.

it's funny to see the "you don't know how to shoot if you need one of these" and other chest beating from the other forum. being able to adjust the length is the most important feature as this makes the gun more shootable for more shooters, ie. my wife. if it lessens the recoil then all the better. my balls don't feel any smaller after placing the order, thank goodness! :D

Edited by jgrauman

I have one on my Mossberg 500 and it makes a LOT of difference. As to the reason for using it, it was a necessity for my wife. She shot the Mossy one time before the SpecOps stock was installed and didn't want to shot it again. After install, she will tolerate it and now has enough experience shooting it to use the gun if she had to.

installed last night, took all of 5 minutes. love the adjust-ability. fits my wife great now, pistol grip allows better control for her. i'm gonna put 100 shells down her today and get back with my opinion. If the recoil feature turns out to be a bad thing, i will give the NRS version a try.

STP60936.jpg

Edited by jgrauman

I love this thing! no cheek trauma. only shot 30 rounds as my dad brought his new/old colt python .357mag he just bought and we had fun with that beast. i'm still not sure about the cheek pinching part. i tried my best to figure out how this could happen. does it get pinched on the extension tube, where the stock slides out? or when the gun recoils into the pistol grip?

Guest drv2fst

I looked at it again after reading this thread. I use the stock fully extended. I can see how someone could get their cheek pinched if they used the stock in the fully or nearly collapsed position. I still really like my Knoxx/870 setup. It makes shooting slugs and 00 so much more fun. I will make a note not to try to rest my cheek on it while fully collapsed.