Apple iOS 4

Guest gw2and4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
This site doesnt have a mobile skin.

Thought it was coming with or soon after the upgrade, http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tgo-forum-support/40649-tennessee-gun-owners-perhaps-mobile-friendly-future.html and http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/tgo-forum-support/41750-question-impending-upgrade.html.

I actually thought I used it one day right after the upgrade. Maybe not, been way to busy the last week or so.

David decided to stick with the vBulletin software a bit longer and see if it works instead of converting to Invision Power Board. IPBoard has a very good mobile skin but he wasnt sure how you guys would react to IPB vs stick with vBulletin. Converting back from IPB was not really feasible. vBulletin has Tapatalk it seems.

Guest db99wj
David decided to stick with the vBulletin software a bit longer and see if it works instead of converting to Invision Power Board. IPBoard has a very good mobile skin but he wasnt sure how you guys would react to IPB vs stick with vBulletin. Converting back from IPB was not really feasible. vBulletin has Tapatalk it seems.

I gotcha. vBulletin 4.0.2 has the ability to change styles, for example, white background, to a black background, and to the mobile site. I assumed 4.0.4 had the same. But my experience is only with another forum that uses vBulletin 4.0.2

Guest drv2fst
So iOS is finally catching up with what Android had a year ago.... Good for them!

Please explain what you are trying to communicate.

Guest kirkosaurus

Haven't gotten a chance to try iOS 4 on my 3G (still need to set it up for the wife to use) but I've very much enjoyed it for the past two days on my new iPhone 4! :cool:

Please explain what you are trying to communicate.

I think he's referring to true multi-tasking abilities. Android has actually had it for 2 or 3 years, I believe. With the G1 I had a couple of years ago, I could listen to Pandora, download a video, and browse the internet at the same time surprisingly fast.

Edited by kb4ns
Guest ScottD
I think he's referring to true multi-tasking abilities. Android has actually had it for 2 or 3 years, I believe. With the G1 I had a couple of years ago, I could listen to Pandora, download a video, and browse the internet at the same time surprisingly fast.

That would be what I am referring to. The problem with apple is they give their customers old technology and because their users have already drank the koolaid they think it's something new and exciting.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Guest db99wj

So I guess we should just not talk about it since it would be talking about something that they didn't event, even though it is new to their system. I guess Apple shouldn't have added it in to their OS due to it being already there and not innovative. They should have said, Oh, the Hemroid, Android, Droid, Steroid, whateveroid beat us to that, so lets just close up shop and give up and not come out with improvements until they we invent something.

I just don't get the anti-apple thing. Kind of like the Ford and Chevy thing. I understand preferences, I understand the poking fun at your friends that have Glocks, or Chevy's or Toyota's or Crackberries, but to hate the other products like the iPhone is strange to me. It's actually quite amusing.

Guest ScottD
So I guess we should just not talk about it since it would be talking about something that they didn't event, even though it is new to their system. I guess Apple shouldn't have added it in to their OS due to it being already there and not innovative. They should have said, Oh, the Hemroid, Android, Droid, Steroid, whateveroid beat us to that, so lets just close up shop and give up and not come out with improvements until they we invent something.

I just don't get the anti-apple thing. Kind of like the Ford and Chevy thing. I understand preferences, I understand the poking fun at your friends that have Glocks, or Chevy's or Toyota's or Crackberries, but to hate the other products like the iPhone is strange to me. It's actually quite amusing.

Someone sounds offended. Must be upset they have old technology!

It's not that they shouldn't put it in the phone to catch up, its that they shouldn't flaunt it as something new and innovative.

And the reason for all the Crapple hate is brought on by the users. I've never met a iphone / mac user who wasn't snoody about their phone. They act as if it puts them on a higher level than everyone else.

Edited by ScottD
Guest db99wj

It's not that they shouldn't put it in the phone to catch up, its that they shouldn't flaunt it as something new and innovative.

And the reason for all the Crapple hate is brought on by the users. I've never met a iphone / mac user who wasn't snoody about their phone. They act as if it puts them on a higher level than everyone else.

Nope, not offended, not in the least, just find it amusing. As I mentioned, Glock, very similar in the way they are hated/loved/argued. The whole phone thing has a lot of similarities. If your product does have new stuff, and does have some innovative stuff, call it that. Palm, Blackberry, droid, android, HTC, et al, have done and will continue to do and say the same things. As I have said, it is amusing, people get bent out of shape defending a product they like and it is amusing to see the haters, getting bent of shape for the products they hate. Not really worth my time to love/hate an inanimate object. Oh, and Glocks suck and will shoot you in the ass. ;)

I have used many different platforms and OS's through out the years and still haven't found anything as user friendly as the MAC OS or Iphone OS. Sure, every new product will have its problems but what's funny is that when it's another company (HTC EVO with their screen problems for example) that has a problem you don't hear anything about it. But when Apple has some issues everyone jumps on the bash Apple bandwagon. Kinda like when a politician is caught cheating on his wife the media flips out, but when Joe Schmo does the same thing people just shrug their shoulders.

Oh and to address the whole Apple users are snobs comment: I believe that Apple products are superior not their users. I won't hold it against anyone who prefers something over Apple...ever. And you certainly won't hear me seriously bashing people just becuase they like another product...unlike some other folks round here.

Edited by gnmwilliams
I don't understand Tapatalk. I can view forums just fine from Safari and it's free. Why would I want to pay for that?

Tapatalk is good. I had used safari for TGO, but had to constantly zoom in to hit any buttons. The Tapatalk screens don't require zooming. Well worth the 3 bucks.

Guest kirkosaurus
I have used many different platforms and OS's through out the years and still haven't found anything as user friendly as the MAC OS or Iphone OS. Sure, every new product will have its problems but what's funny is that when it's another company (HTC EVO with their screen problems for example) that has a problem you don't hear anything about it. But when Apple has some issues everyone jumps on the bash Apple bandwagon. Kinda like when a politician is caught cheating on his wife the media flips out, but when Joe Schmo does the same thing people just shrug their shoulders.

Oh and to address the whole Apple users are snobs comment: I believe that Apple products are superior not their users. I won't hold it against anyone who prefers something over Apple...ever. And you certainly won't hear me seriously bashing people just becuase they like another product...unlike some other folks round here.

well said.

And to say that Apple uses old technology is just untrue. They just don't allow users to do whatever they want with it like an open source OS like Android. Just because something is programmed to not do something doesn't mean it's old technology. Apple is the leader in the smartphone market hands down, and they didn't get that way from using old technology. I wondering how many smartphone makers are gonna go with the high res screen now (Apple being the first) and start making smaller, thinner phones now (Apple now makes the thinnest smartphone). It's funny how smartphone makers keep making their phones bigger with bigger screens yet Apple made it smaller and it was a hit. Like who wants to walk around with a freakin' huge TV in their pocket?

I think the problem most people have with Apple is their walled garden with regards to their OS and AT&T. It's so funny how my friends and family with Android phones start bashing my iPhone and talk about how their phone is much better and when I try to get them to point out what exactly it is about the iPhone they hate it always comes back to AT&T. "Well, I might get an iPhone if it ever comes to Verizon". It's like they hate the iPhone because of the network it's on!

Personally I have not seen a single Android phone that has the smoothness and is as user friendly as the iPhone. The EVO, Droid, etc.. they are all clunky phones with clunky GUI's.

My iPhone 4 rocks, and I would take it over any clunky Droid or EVO any day. And jailbreaking it makes it all the more better. I can make it do anything a DROID DOES. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, the honeymoon's over on my end as well. Apps lock up frequently and the phone itself reloads at random--taking three times longer than it ever did before to reload. Can't wait for iOS 4.0.1....or whatever they'll number it.

4.0.1 came out last thursday. I have been running it since yesterday and it is a great improvement. My speeds are back to where they should be.

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't know what happened to my iphone, but it happened after I upgraded

to the new os. Not knocking the os but I don't see any improvement, and the

wallpaper changed, it's asking for passwords, couple apps don't want to work.

I'm thinking of rolling back if I can do that without too much trouble. Not sure

but I think the last version before this 4.0v was the best.