Tapatalk

Guest Glock23ForMe

Guest Glock23ForMe

Post what you think about Tapatalk here.

I just downloaded it for my Blackberry Bold that I've had in my possession for about 2 minutes and have only posted one thing with it, but I like it so far.

What do you guys think?

Even you iPhone and Android users.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I'm going to repost my post that was in an iPhone thread about Tapatalk. Tapatalk does not have the multifunction capability yet.

It is what appears to be a stripped down version of the forum. It has a basic white background with none of the graphics and is in a list format. When you open the app you will have a list of your forums that uses it. I have this one and a Jeep forum, I pick the one I want, it asks if I want to log in under my username or not, and the first page is all the newest posts with a gray sub-forum heading and the newest posts in the order of their posting. Once you select one, it goes to the last post. You can see pictures, you can see avatar pictures, quotes (without the person that is quote which I don't like). It loads extremely fast, I guess it only downloads that particular item when you select it. You can select "Forum" and see all the forum titles, then if you select a sub-forum, then it shows all the threads in it. The main thing I see is the speed and you are not constantly not zooming in and out so that your fingers hit the correct button like on the safari or even the mobile versions. Here are some screen shots.

1084cd27.jpg

ff586719.jpg

4b1940db.jpg

e606c39c.jpg

01923284.jpg

90e534f0.jpg

As you can see, you can search, you can check and send PM's

Here is what you get with the More tab,

ee66e7f5.jpg

The main thing I see is it is very fast loading and very fast navigating. Especially if you are on the site a lot and know what is going and what the forums are.

Guest Glock23ForMe

If I knew how to do screenshots on my Bold, I would and show you what the Free Beta for BB looks like. I like it. I haven't tried the Multi-task thing yet, so IDK.

eh, it's alright on my Nokia E71. It only shows the forums list when I open it, so i have to navigate a lot more to find the new posts. I personally like using Opera on my phone even though it is a bit slower.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I've pretty much been using it all night and I'm loving it. For BB, it has a "what's new" section that is ALL the new posts, no matter what thread, its pretty sweet. If they come out with a full version with some upgrades, I'll purchase it

• Moderators

I am using it on a 2 year old iPhone 3g and other than an issue I have had with it occasionally shutting itself off ( it might be my phone, it has acted weird ever since my wife dropped it in the dogs' water bowl) I am loving it. Sooo much faster than using it in Safari. Definitely worth the 3 bucks.

Guest 6.8 AR

I like it, too, but have a question. Every time it drops to

another line it automatically caps the first letter as if it

Was a new sentence. I left that one in so you would see.

Can it be turned off?

Guest Glock23ForMe
I like it, too, but have a question. Every time it drops to

another line it automatically caps the first letter as if it

Was a new sentence. I left that one in so you would see.

Can it be turned off?

What are you using it on?

Guest Glock23ForMe

Ahhh... I don't know, do you use the "enter" key or whatever to drop down a line? It could be an Autocorrect issue, kinda like MSWord does.

Guest 6.8 AR
Ahhh... I don't know, do you use the "enter" key or whatever to drop down a line? It could be an Autocorrect issue, kinda like MSWord does.

Yeh, I do. I hate fooling with MSWord, too. I don't like

to type anyway, except for this kind of stuff.

Guest Glock23ForMe

Hahaha.. It's probably an Autocorrect issue. Somewhere in like "Input options" or something should fix it. Sorry, but I'm not extremely versed with the iPhone menus. If it were a Blackberry I could walk you through it quick and easy

Guest db99wj

I'm seeing if mine capitalizes the first word on the next sentence like 6.8 mentioned but so far it has not done it. So in summary, I think it is your phone or something. Not sure of the settings, because I haven't adjusted mine at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest db99wj

On a side note, did you know that you can just shake the phone and the reply to topic window will come up? I saw this when going through the settings. That's pretty dang cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest db99wj
I am using it on a 2 year old iPhone 3g and other than an issue I have had with it occasionally shutting itself off ( it might be my phone, it has acted weird ever since my wife dropped it in the dogs' water bowl) I am loving it. Sooo much faster than using it in Safari. Definitely worth the 3 bucks.

Mine will shutdown sometimes too. I think it is a bug in their system. They have not updated to the 4.0 OS so hopefully when they do, they will fix it. Tapatalk still is not multtasking enabled.

Guest ScottD

Been using it for a while to browse other forums. It combined with swype makes for the ultimate mobile forum experience.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Guest Glock23ForMe
Just not worth the money for me. But im cheap. The only paid app that I have is BulletFlight from KAC. I regret buying that.

What does that app even do thats purposeful?

What does that app even do thats purposeful?

Well if you are a distance shooter, it will help you with your DOPE and make calculations for you. Since I am not a distance shooter and don't shoot for sub MOA accuracy most of the time, its worthless to me.