Just wondering...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

I like it being there somewhere mainly in the classifieds section. I am weary of dealing with people with low post counts or very recent join dates, and it's easy to see there instead of having to look for it.

At least it's not to the point of being a popularity contest like little green dots

Guest db99wj
Can someone explain to me why so many folks care about post count?

It should signifiy that the member is an active member, and possibly a credible member. As it has been said, if there is a person who has posted once or twice, I am or will be more cautious of that person until they are established.

However with that said, this, like most things, doesn't absolutely mean credibility, it can just simply mean that you are a post whore.

Regarding the Three Word Thread. I hate to see it closed. Those are always fun and it seems most forums have one. It will be sad to see it go.

It should signifiy that the member is an active member, and possibly a credible member. As it has been said, if there is a person who has posted once or twice, I am or will be more cautious of that person until they are established.

However with that said, this, like most things, doesn't absolutely mean credibility, it can just simply mean that you are a post whore.

Regarding the Three Word Thread. I hate to see it closed. Those are always fun and it seems most forums have one. It will be sad to see it go.

The thread is just for post whoring.

I want to say that I didn't post this thread to try to get the 3 word thread closed. I was just wondering if guys would spend their time there if their posts didn't count. I don't ever look at it but I always see that there are new posts there. I have no idea who is posting in it and don't care. It is just funny to me.

XDTalk has a thread that is "Post here if you want to increase your post count". It has 227,424 replies and 2,642,849 views. HAHAHA!

I like it being there somewhere mainly in the classifieds section. I am weary of dealing with people with low post counts or very recent join dates, and it's easy to see there instead of having to look for it.

At least it's not to the point of being a popularity contest like little green dots

The Classifieds is a very good reason for it. I rarely ever look at the Classifieds but if I was there looking for something I would want to know that they have been here for a while. At least you can feel a bit better knowing that they have forked over the money to be a Benefactor!

I guess I just wasn't paying attention. I thought this forum was like alot of others in that posts in off topic discussion sections did not add to your post count. Most of the ones I'm on only add to the post count if you post in the tech sections.