Help looking for a new carry

Guest 731david

Guest 731david

Need advice plz, my current carry is Sig P239 40. I love the gun because of the sa/da but the weight is starting to be a problem for me. I have been looking at the Walther PPS and Kahr PM, I really like the PPS, just want to get some opinions about both. Many thanks and a happy 4th to every1.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my PM 40. It is just as accurate as the 239 and holds close to the same number of rounds. I recently purchased a 239. I like it but it really isn't functional as a carry gun due size and weight. And the capacity isn't that impressive either, but it is high quality gun. I carry the PM everyday. It disappears in an Aholster pocket holster.

I have carried heavier, but seldom do anymore. If you are concerned with weight, there are better choices now on the market.

The Walther sure seems like a good choice, but alot here will come down to personal preference and the varied features or lack of. Holstering systems, etc.

Lugging alot of weight around is kind of 'old school'

Edited by -Bristol-
....I have carried heavier, but seldom do anymore. If you are concerned with weight, there are better choices now on the market.

The Walther sure seems like a good choice, but alot here will come down to personal preference and the varied features or lack of. Holstering systems, etc.

Lugging alot of weight around is kind of 'old school'

I agree. I really like the Walther. Been wanting one; but havent shelled out the cash yet. I edc a baby glock (...weighs 19 oz empty...). They aren't too heavy; just a bit blocky. The PPS is almost the same oa size and weight; just thinner. More than that, its a Walther --- great quality, a bit more cost.

Kind regards,

Leroy

Baby Glock at 19oz is a good example of what is out there, the Sig P239 40 runs up near 30oz. And if you don't like the Glock approach or the look, the market is thick with others. There is a compact Ruger 9mm that looks good. The M&P from Smith & Wesson might be another. The Kel-tek PF-9 is nearly too light, very snappy recoil. But I'd still go with the PPS.

Guest buttonhook

I have the PPS in 9mm (due to cost of ammo) and love it...only prob. is lack of and cost of accessories. It is not super light but very thin. very light recoil. It have not had any problems of any kind paid less than $600 out the door. I ordered the crossbreed holster I havn't got it yet but If what I've heard is too it should be perfect.

Edited by buttonhook
Guest Bronker

Springfield XD sub-compacts and / or Glock 19 go everywhere with me. Both good, reliable weapons that I am very comfortable with.

I was in the same situation with the Kahr vs Walther. I bought the PM9. I have not been disappointed. I pocket carry alot and that is why I went with the pm9. The walther is fine if you are going to carry it on your belt. I have shot both and both are excellent weapons.

I have a PPS in .40 and a Kahr PM45.. The Walther is really thin, which makes for good IWB or OWB carry, but I usually prefer the Kahr - it's not as thin, but it's a little smaller, has a great trigger, and I just like it better. I also like having .45 ammo in such a small package.

(The Walther is sitting here on my desk so I can take pics and put it up for sale.)

I was really impressed with the M&P compact that I shot. Great size and weight and fabulous shooter. I also like the ergo's of the Walther PPS that you mentioned but I have not shot one.

As Bronker said, I carry either a Glock 19 or XD .40 S.C. Or when I'm at work my Sig p238 stays in my pocket.

Have you ever considered a compact 1911? I am currently carrying a Kimber Ultra Raptor II. Not very heavy (25 ounces with a empty mag), but it does pack a kick. I used to carry my five seven, which I love. It is extremely light and holds 20 rounds. Gives me 19 chances to miss. The only problem I had was the size. I have a couple of holsters for it, but the only one I felt comfortable with was a paddle holster. The iwb with a shirt tucker just wasn't for me.