2008 Tri State Shooters IDPA Regional Championship

This is from a post on the Tri State Shooter website:

Happy New Year!

This year's Regional will be held March 29th at Memphis Sport Shooting Association near Memphis, TN. 13 stages, 13 bays, 200 rds, great facility with camping available and hotels nearby. Prize table includes 2 Glocks and lots more. Col. Jim Shearin of Nationals fame will run the chrono and scale. T-shirt included with entry. Lunch available, prizes and awards at the covered Sporting Clays Pavilion.

We had a great turnout last year. If you were there you know the facility is excellent!

See the link on the IDPA web site or contact me directly, twoalpha@comcast.net.

Hope you can make it!!

Myrin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been helping set up the match this week, and I can tell you that the stages are going to be whacked out! Donnie Burton, Mas Ayoob, and one of the Glock girls will all be there, and the prize table is worth over $16,000. To those who are coming, you will not be disappointed. I will be helping run stage four--come by and say hello. Now, if that rain Friday will just blow to the north.

Guest jcramin

Ill be there but just to watch some good shooting, ill probably go with my son or my wife.

Im sure with all the people there it wont be easy to find us TGO people but if anyone is there. Ill be with my 12 year old son or my wife who is about 5 foot tall just watching the matches, if you think its me just come say HI.

Jay

Edited by jcramin
Guest bang-flash

still decompressing from the trip..

the stages were great. i wish i could have shot them all but weather interrupted things a little bit. myself i shot terrible. but i had a few stages that i did ok on.

overall i was impressed by the organization of the match and the quality of the stages and facilities. many thanks to the organizers, workers, and the sponsors.

I helped run stage 4 (the one where you get out of bed and shoot the bad guy to the left). Yep, you could say that the weather became a problem. Over at the pavilion, I heard a few people comment that we should have gone ahead and finished the match. I don't think they went back to stages 1-9 and saw what happened. We could have hosted a fishing tournament on a couple of those stages. They were all slick, and there was still intermittent thunder and lightning.

I felt like I did lousy, but I did take third in SSP-EX--I guess everybody else was lousy, too. I did learn that SOs who shoot on Friday do not have an advantage (unless, maybe the bottom falls out on the Saturday shooters). My overall match score was 267, and those prison bars and handcuffs WERE awful! ;)

Guest bang-flash

are the results ready yet? i have poked around the mssa page and the tristate shooters page and am having no luck finding the results.

Guest bang-flash

i would be in favor of posting what is available. i know it would be full of holes, but i'm curious to see how some of the heavy hitters did. :confused: