I cut up and melted my M&P

Decided to do some stippling on my M&P. Picked up a $10 woodburner from walmart so i wouldn't mess up my nice soldering iron.

It went pretty easy. I practiced on a spare AR-15 grip and the extra backstraps I had.

I got done with the stippling and decided to cut the bottom of the mag-well too in case I had a malfunction that would require a forceful removal of the magazine. I also smoothed out and raised the area under the trigger guard so I could get my fingers a little higher grip on the front of the pistol. Got the mag release too.

All in all I have about two hours tied up in it. I might do some more stippling on the front of the grip but I'm undecided right now.

Results.

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0470.jpg

-Mike

Edited by Mike
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Moody

Mike gave (traded) a grip that he'd done similar to the one in the pictures, and honestly - this thing is just awesome. I can't wait to try my M&P out at the range and see if it makes a difference. Definitely grippy, and offers more control, without having the typical texture of 20DPI checkering, etc.

• Administrator
A sharpie and an x-acto knife.

You can get a hell of a grip on the magazine with it. I wish I had done all of this sooner.

I was toying with ideas of how I could build a fixture to hold the frame and then chuck a machine bit into a drill press and slowly feed the magwell into it sideways to cut the notch. Your way sounds much simpler. :lol:

Now you just need to get the slide serrated and it will be tacticool!!

MGO Community Forum

:lol:

That guy looks too much like Danny Bonaduce.

Seriously though Doug does some very nice machine work though.

I'd like to have a M&P9L with a Burris Fastfire on it.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83753&page=2

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=49263

Edited by Mike
:lol:

I thought about taking a step bit to it. I was concerned with chewing up the entire bottom of the pistol, cracking the frame, and turning my hand into grated cheese.

You also have to worry about melting the plastic with power tools. Nice job.

Guest Billetproof

Too bad your so far away because he also does awesome work on the sear for like $30 while you wait. Smooths the action, lightens the trigger, & shortens the reset. Like the work you have done on yours. What tip did you use for the rear of the grip? Getting ready to do my M&P 40c and I like that pattern.

Thanks.

:rofl:

That guy looks too much like Danny Bonaduce.

Seriously though Doug does some very nice machine work though.

I'd like to have a M&P9L with a Burris Fastfire on it.

M&P with Trijicon RMR Red Dot Sight - Page 2 - MGO Community Forum

My Mp RMR combo - M4Carbine.net Forums