KnoxViews endorses Haslam in GOP primary for governor READ WHY

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That thing stinks to high heaven...so who is really responsible for it? Actual liberals don't go for the lesser of three evils; look at the dem primary in AR for proof of that.

While I'm no Haslam fan (see his association with Bloomberg), I'd hate to see anyone vote against him based upon that hatchet-piece. There's legit reasons to vote against him, and that "article" isn't one. My question is: where did the post originate from? That answer will either show which candidate the dems fear most, or the repub candidate who fears Haslam the most. Either answer would be very enlightening.

The whole thing feels like 2008's "operation chaos" effort to derail Barry Obamao's nomination, except it's much less subtle.

I'm blown away...lol How could someone read those words and feel good about what they just wrote and encourage support of Obama? What is so good about the left wing agenda? I just can't wrap my mind around how someone could feel in their heart that the left wing policies are the best thing for this country. Although I can't understand gay marriage either, so maybe I'm wierd, who knows... Nothing Obama has done has worked, if not simply failed miserably. The country does not support him, nor his policies. He's stealing from the majority to help the minority and that minority will not be enough to get him re-elected. If he gets re-elected I'd be uterly floored.

I don't think Haslem will win he's way too in the middle and I do not believe for a minute that he's going to do what he says he'll do. I see him trying to appease everyone and when the pressures on from Washington he'll crumble and wilt. Tennesseeans are ready for someone who's going to fight the Obama left wingers and I don't think they are willing to accept anything less. It's either Wamp or Ramsey in my opinon.

The Dems want to go against the lesser of 3 evils of the Repubs. Same way they managed to foist McCain on us via organized cross voting in the primaries. It's an old trick. My dad used to cross over to vote for Geo. Wallace in his presidential primaries. Same rationale.

Actually, Rasmussen poll shows Haslam as first of the three to reach 50% of vote against McWherter.

Ramsey and Wamp both at 44%.

- OS

I think by lesser of three evils he meant the one with the least conservative views. The least offensive to liberals.
Guest HvyMtl

LOL. Yup, satire, and a good laugh, too.

It does bring up a point though. The parties want an electable candidate. And of the 3 GOP, and right or wrong, Haslam seems the most likely to pull moderate and Democrat votes...

Remember, to get elected, one must either run un-opposed, have a zero candidate against them (and therefore only your base comes out to vote), or have the ability to win over the 30-40% in the middle (not conservative, not liberal) and a sometimes, few of those who otherwise would have voted on the other side.

Sad thing is, to do this, you generally have to have a candidate who's views are more central than the party he/she/it is a member of. This can backfire, as the core base of the party may not like the candidate, and not vote...

Sad thing is, to do this, you generally have to have a candidate who's views are more central than the party he/she/it is a member of. This can backfire, as the core base of the party may not like the candidate, and not vote...

Kind of like McCain

Guest HvyMtl

Eapking, McCain is a prime example... The stats showed a huge drop of Republican voters going to the polls during the last Presidential Election, compared to the ones before...

The satire article does put some of the issues with Haslam conservatives should have...

Edited by HvyMtl