Picked up a cute G26

glockster157

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum...glad I found it...didn't know you guys were here. I ran across this G26 the other day in Springfield (at a good price I might add) and I bought it. I am not sure why but I had to share the pics.

g261bk8.jpg

g262co6.jpg

I have several Glocks and I have recently sold several others but this is my most unique one. :D:)

So far I have only been able to figure out that it is the Advantage Realtree Camo pattern but exactly how it was applied and who did it I do not know. It is done well though.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you do, don't drop it in the woods!!! :):D

No kidding, you would hear a swish of the leaves and an ohhhhhh craaaaapppp:doh:

Oh, by the way, welcome and nice Glock.

So far I have only been able to figure out that it is the Advantage Realtree Camo pattern but exactly how it was applied and who did it I do not know. It is done well though.

It's an interesting process. They take a plastic sheet bearing the pattern, in your case real tree camo. They transfer it and let it float on the surface of a tank of chemicals that soften the sheet almost to the point of liquefying it. They then dip the part into the tank through the sheet. The sheet takes on the shape of the part. Then they remove it from the tank and spray it off with another chemical which hardens the film and viola, one coated Glock.

:D

Cool little pistol.

Guest Archimedes
No kidding, you would hear a swish of the leaves and an ohhhhhh craaaaapppp:doh:

Oh, by the way, welcome and nice Glock.

Hahaha......that'd be me. :/

I'm not a huge fan of camo stuff just to be camo, but that is one cool-looking little pistola.

How 'bout an all white one to go with my white tux? :D

OR a glow-in-the-dark coating? It'd be easy to spot it half-asleep in the middle of the night.

I can see peeps putting like pics of their kids or dog on their guns....

"Sure, Bill, I got a picture if little Suzy right here...." :)

~Archi

I really didn't buy it because of the camo. It had a spare cut rifled barrel (threaded) with it that I wanted and they made me a good offer. Plus, I figured in TN, if I decide i don't want it anymore it would not be hard to find someone who did want one. It is a fully functional G26 and there is no difference in it than any other G26 except a slight sheen on the slide, which I don't like but I am not going to mess with.