what did you do constructive today?

do not respond if you sat on you ass and did nothing all day.

I want to know what you did to make life better. Tell us how it makes your life better.

Myself, I picked blackberries for hours. Even came across a wonderful suprise of rasberrries. Cleaned that patch out. And set to work on more blackberries.

It makes my life better as the minister of war will soon turn the blackberries into preserves or jelly or something tasty. The raspberries will go on my cornflakes tomorrow for breakfast. Only a couple of pints of raspberries but I have a crap load load of blackberries which we will enjoy for a long time. And the best part is there is still a motherlode of blackberries that can be picked.

so what did you do to justify your existence today?

PS: and I have been drinking beer the whole time and of course that gives immediate positive results on life.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Home Depot to help out the economy. Gave the wife a big wad of cash for her to go out and do the same, but what she's gonna buy sucks.

Delivered my old gas grill to a friend since I've upgraded and needed to be rid of it.

Does it count if I went to my job, worked my 8 hours to pay my bills instead of asking for a hand out?

If not, in about 15 minutes I am going to be cooking out on my grill I brought last week and have a couple cold beer in the backyard not hurting anyone.

I primed and painted the block wall I stucco'd for my dad last week. After trying to get several masons/concrete guys to do job (none showing up but all expressed interest in job) I decided to tackle it myself. Stucco part was easier than I expected, the painting was a breeze since that's my primary source of income now. After that, I loaded some 9MM brass into the tumbler for cleaning, checked out my newly bottled homebrew to see if it was ready (and its not, needs to age some more). Now I'm piddling on the computer and decided to check the forum out since I have been slacking on that lately. Shout out to buds Mike357, OhShoot, Suntzu, Garufa, 70Below, Seaslug, Buddiesdad, Tnvolzfan, and everyone else. So Mike, does that justify my earth space today?

I helped out my favorite sector of the economy. I bought 300 rounds of ammo, a Hogue grip, and some targets. I also paid for admission to the TWRA shooting range to sight in a scope I bought earlier this week for my S&W M&P 15-22.

After that I ate lunch at a local non-franchised restaurant. I also took a short nap, so I can stay up late to drink beer with the neighbors, thus strengthening my community ties.

Do those count?

Guest Jamie

Went to AutoZone and bought a cheap plastic automotive creeper, in preparation for the crap-load of work I have to do tomorrow. And no, I'm not going to be working on a car or truck.

This makes my life easier, because I've gotten too damned old to be crawling around on my hands and knees ( when there's enough room ) on concrete, under my house, and sitting in cold muddy water, while I cuss and try to figure out why some drunken, sadistic plumbing engineer did whatever it is that he no doubt did that's causing me to be there in the first place.

Oh, and I also cooked supper.

J.

Went to AutoZone and bought a cheap plastic automotive creeper, in preparation for the crap-load of work I have to do tomorrow. And no, I'm not going to be working on a car or truck.

This makes my life easier, because I've gotten too damned old to be crawling around on my hands and knees ( when there's enough room ) on concrete, under my house, and sitting in cold muddy water, while I cuss and try to figure out why some drunken, sadistic plumbing engineer did whatever it is that he no doubt did that's causing me to be there in the first place.

Oh, and I also cooked supper.

sounds good Jamie, that crepper will help you a lot. I have one, just never found a use for it yet/ As soon as I ditch it I know I will need it.

Made $300.00 off of a pistol I just received yesterday, I guess that you could call that productive

that is totally Off topic.

Guest Jamie
sounds good Jamie, that crepper will help you a lot. I have one, just never found a use for it yet/ As soon as I ditch it I know I will need it.

If you really wanna hear about "constructive", I'll get back with you tomorrow. 'Cause I already know from past experience that it's gonna be one interesting plumbing job. Probably a "4 tripper".

Oh, and to anybody who wants to say I shouldn't be working on Sunday... my ox is in a ditch, so get over it. ;):P

And lastly, no, don't get rid of the creeper... because you're right, and shortly after you do it'll be the very thing you need. :D

J.

My daughter complained that she was bored earlier, so we went to Walmart and bought Mario Kart for the Wii and then we played it awhile. Then, while I cooked chicken on the grill, she worked on the corn and the mac and cheese (with supervision) so that when wife got home, all she had to do was sit down and eat. I might be safe for the evening :D

Guest jdavis

got up at 3:00 this morning worked eight straight hours no breaks or lunch so i could get home to my daughter and spend the day with her, we just chilled out and played on the swingset, played with her baby dolls, and ate all the food we could eat. i had a good day in my oppinion anyway.

Guest Randy

Took my 2 sons age 21 and 23 and 3 of there friends that have never fired a gun to Guns and Leather and sent 250 rounds of 9 mm 100 rounds of 22 and 150 rounds of 380 down range. Best part was a guy there that let me shoot his colt 1911 . I have now drank the kool aid. My first time to shoot a 45 and it was gentle with me. I think i may be in love. I may have got 3 people hooked on shooting ( my bad).

I am not sure, but that is either OT or really weak

It was not OT, it was my regular schedule. What can I say, I work the hours I can get. I do get at least 40 hours a week, This week though I will end up with 42, last week I had 55.

I work every minute of OT I can get.

The cook out was spending time with my wife.