Snake my daughter caught today.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie

Looks like a really dark bull snake, to me... one with some damage to it's tail. ( It shouldn't be that blunt, so is probably scarred over after something bit the tip off. )

259028-main_Full.jpg

P8280413.JPG

J.

Edited by Jamie
Edited to add pictures of Bull Snakes
Guest Glock23ForMe

Before I would've taken pictures of it... Personally, it would've been a dead snake. I hate snakes. I know they're good and blah blah blah, but I really don't like them. And they don't like the tip of my shovel too much either.

Big sucker. He's over my let live limit. I don't like snakes either. We have a spring beside the house and if they stay off the walk and away from the back steps, They can stay. But when bold enough to come into my space...or that big...somebody or something has to go.

looks like a nice hat band
The only good snake is a dead snake!
Big sucker. He's over my let live limit. I don't like snakes either. We have a spring beside the house and if they stay off the walk and away from the back steps, They can stay. But when bold enough to come into my space...or that big...somebody or something has to go.

My daughter let it live. That way she can catch it again. She loves chasing and catching snakes.

My daughter let it live. That way she can catch it again. She loves chasing and catching snakes.

Good for her.

Unlike some of the big bad full grown fraidy cats herein. :-)

- OS

ps: it's most likely a pine snake, since we don't even HAVE bull snakes or gopher snakes in TN, according to TN Herpetological Society

All three are in the same genus, though, and look similar.

I kept a large pine snake for about a year as a kid, it was more vibrantly colored, but pretty sure that's what you have there as pattern is same.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest jackdm3
Good for her.

- OS

Can we pick up a bigger version of this? -----> :rolleyes:

Guest bkelm18

I will never understand how someone can be afraid of a snake. Sure, some are venomous, but all it takes is a little effort to learn which is which. Some even have cute little monikers to help you remember. :rolleyes:

Guest Jamie

ps: it's most likely a pine snake, since we don't even HAVE bull snakes or gopher snakes in TN, according to TN Herpetological Society

Pine snake, bull snake, rat snake, chicken snake, water snake... that poor critter gets a lot of names stuck on it. And no matter which species it is, exactly, it's probably one of the most common snakes around my area... second only to the garter and black racer.

No matter what a person wants to call it, it's harmless and needs to be left alone.

J.

Guest Bonedaddy

Be willin' to bet that it's an old chicken snake (black rat snake). I caught hunnerds of'm in my life time as a reptile catchin' kid and still will at times just to scare my G-ma and son-in-law. W. TN is crawlin' with'm. Looks like he's in need a skin sheddin'.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Good for her.

- OS

I kept a large pine snake for about a year as a kid, it was more vibrantly colored, but pretty sure that's what you have there as pattern is same.

- OS

Nice reason for it to be named, "Dead Snake" in my house/yard. :D

Guest BEARMAN

No matter what a person wants to call it, it's harmless and needs to be left alone.

+1000....Here's the man's daughter catching that snake, then letting the little feller live...and all you big men a hollering...kill'em...kill'em...he's too big to let live...ya'll are unbelievable sometimes.

You guy's would be amazed at how many filthy rodents that one snake would dispose of in a year's time...if only you'd let him live to accomplish the task....rather sad, in my estimation.

I will never understand how someone can be afraid of a snake. Sure, some are venomous, but all it takes is a little effort to learn which is which. Some even have cute little monikers to help you remember. :D

I am physically repulsed by them. It has nothing to do with venom. I cringe thinking about them.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I am physically repulsed by them. It has nothing to do with venom. I cringe thinking about them.

Quoting someone famous, "If it can walk, and it ain't got no legs... That's the devil right there."

Guest Jamie

I used to know someone who couldn't even look at a picture of one without fainting. When a new magazine ( paper kind, not a "bullet holder" ) arrived in their office break room, her co-workers would go through and mark the ones that had a picture of a snake in them.

J.

Guest Jamie
Quoting someone famous, "If it can walk, and it ain't got no legs... That's the devil right there."

Snails scare you too then?

No wonder you carry a gun... :D

J.

Guest BEARMAN

Lieutenant Dan ain't got no legs...and he wasn't the devil...he was Forrest's friend.

Run Forrest, run!